Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampirism and root sunder dungeon hostility

crowqueen
crowqueen
Was there a change to the Root sunder dungeon? I had a mages guild mission in their and the animals in side started attacking. Why the change?

Also, trying to level up the vampirism but its barely moving. I even have a vampirism ability sloted. Is it because its a low level (~7-8)?
PSN ID: Crow-queen
My Champions
DC - Breton Magi Sorc
AD - Khajiit Stam Nightblade
EP - Nord Templar Tank
EP - Argonian Magi Templar
AD - High Elf Magi Warden
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No idea about root sunder dungeon, but vampirism levels based on total XP, different from the amount you need to go up each character level. When you are low level, you are not earning very much XP but when you get closer to 50, vampirism will level faster.
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, something is still bugged at Root Sunder Ruins. After finishing the quest the mobs used to become neutral and would not attack unless you attacked first. Now they are hostile regardless. Pretty sure it's not intended, but it's liable to be a while before ZOS addresses it as it's not really game-breaking at all. The only real reason to go back there is for the mage dailies, but the mobs aren't terribly difficult or anything.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/357496/root-sunder-ruins-grahtwood

Regarding vampire skill tree leveling, there's a table at UESP showing the experience required for each vampire rank to go up: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Vampire

As @IcyDeadPeople said, the experience you earn at higher levels will make it feel as if the vampire skill line is going up faster. If you obtain the skill line at a low level, it will end up at rank 10 naturally as you level up, but it will feel as if it took longer even though the amount of required experience earned was the same as if you had not become a vampire until higher level. For my characters that became vampires while young, they were in their early 40s before it was fully leveled. For the endgame characters that I turned, it was just a couple of days of regular gameplay before it was at max.