The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Retrieving Morrorwind code (have ESO+)

Benie
Benie
✭✭✭
Hi. I came back to the game in just under two years ago and would like to play. I have had an active ESO+ account, but I have no way to redeem any codes to get this expansion. Could someone please help me?
I looked all over my member control thing. The only code I have was in an email from May 2nd, 2017 of the Morrowind Closed Beta, but it doesn't work (I tried and it says it's invalid).
--Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Morrowind isn't included in ESO+. You need to buy separately a code for the expansion itself.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    Uh.. excuse me, what? You must be joking. Tell me you're joking. ESO+ was supposed to cover all DLCs (which should include this). Why..should I have to pay for something ontop of my $15/mo that I've been paying for nearly two years?
    Please be joking. This is unacceptable. I cannot play, without a code. I am locked out of the game. Either I redeem a code, or I upgrade.

I can't believe I came back to...this.
    Edited by Benie on July 27, 2017 6:32PM

• JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Benie wrote: »
    Uh.. excuse me, what? You must be joking. Tell me you're joking. ESO+ was supposed to cover all DLCs (which should include this). Why..should I have to pay for something ontop of my $15/mo that I've been paying for nearly two years?
    Please be joking. This is unacceptable. I cannot play, without a code. I am locked out of the game. Either I redeem a code, or I upgrade.

I can't believe I came back to...this.

The fact that Morrowind was not included with ESO+ has been announced for many months. But you can skip past that screen by choosing continue to play everything but Morrowind.

There are many threads debating this decision you can search for to read about.
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3985124/#Comment_3985124

""
    Back when "Tamriel Unlimited" Launched, Pete Hines said something to the effect of "Just subscribe and you won't EVER have to worry about purchasing new content. Subscriber's will be taken care of." If you don't believe me, you can watch it HERE. That's what subscribers were expecting for the foreseeable future so it is no surprise people are a little upset that this was changed with very little communication, sympathy, or appreciation for current subscribers and what they have done to help fund the game.
    ""

Yea they said it but....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RxYZLOS5Jw#t=30m12s
    Edited by xSkullfox on July 28, 2017 9:14AM
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xSkullfox wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3985124/#Comment_3985124

""
    Back when "Tamriel Unlimited" Launched, Pete Hines said something to the effect of "Just subscribe and you won't EVER have to worry about purchasing new content. Subscriber's will be taken care of." If you don't believe me, you can watch it HERE. That's what subscribers were expecting for the foreseeable future so it is no surprise people are a little upset that this was changed with very little communication, sympathy, or appreciation for current subscribers and what they have done to help fund the game.
    ""

Yea they said it but....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RxYZLOS5Jw#t=30m12s

Yes, they did change their business model. They also announced it almost six months in advance which gave people an opportunity to remain subscribed or to cancel. The ones who might have a valid complaint are those that had just bought a six month subscription.

I am not sure where you get little communication from. They advertised the heck out of Morrowind. They also have subscribers double bank space and have said they are looking at other ways to add to ESO+ benefits.

As a subscriber before and after Morrowind I still feel appreciated but that is obviously a personal thing. If you do not feel ESO+ is worth it then don't subscribe.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, they did change their business model. They also announced it almost six months in advance which gave people an opportunity to remain subscribed or to cancel. The ones who might have a valid complaint are those that had just bought a six month subscription.

I am not sure where you get little communication from. They advertised the heck out of Morrowind. They also have subscribers double bank space and have said they are looking at other ways to add to ESO+ benefits.

As a subscriber before and after Morrowind I still feel appreciated but that is obviously a personal thing. If you do not feel ESO+ is worth it then don't subscribe.

Agree, @JasonSilverSpring, there were so many communications about Morrowind not being a part of ESO+ (forums, twitter, reddit, ESO Live) ... that it's a surprise the OP wasn't aware of it. Or, the OP was aware of it and decided to make a troll thread.

At any rate, ESO+ brought improvements to Morrowind anyway ... such as the double bank space you mentioned.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 28, 2017 9:12PM
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    To defend myself in this thread, I didn't even know about this thing until I received an email about the Morrowind Closed Beta back in May of this year.
    As I said, I've been away from the game since May of last year. Aka, completely isolated from the news. Not being interested in coming back (because of them removing the Vet system), means I never payed attention to the news. It's not really that hard to understand.
    Then in May of this year, I get an email saying I 'purchased' the Morrowind Closed Beta. Was confused by it at first, but I assume with my ESO+ sub. All of this time I've been still paying for said sub (just been too lazy to cancel it, which I take full responsibility for).

Now I decide to come back, and I see this in my face. What was I supposed to think? I felt "why am I supporting a company that does questionable business practices (that feels like a spit in the face to subscribers)?" I was never informed of this months ago in an email. No messages at all about this stunt they've pulled on subscribers. The only thing I got between by the time I quit and now, was of the closed beta.
    If I had known, back then, I would had canceled my ESO+ subscription, deleted my characters, and never came back to ESO.
    And so, there's the whole story. Again, I was not aware of any of these new 'benefits' for having ESO+. All I saw of a post made January of this year said "ESO+ is just a crafting bag and crowns". I didn't know what a 'crafting bag' was, but I felt I would be wasting my money (as I'm not a crafter). Yes it's not wise to base assumptions from something that old, but... meh.

I hope this clears any confusion. Apologies for not responding sooner.
    xSkullfox wrote: »
    ""
    ""
    Thank you. This is exactly how I feel. I was told when getting ESO+, that ALL content would be covered. This, is content. This is not an 'expansion'. An expansion is a new continent (with several sub-continents)... like WoW. And a true expansion also continued the main storyline...this does not. It's just like Wrothgar, except this costs $40 (while Wrothgar came with ESO+ and could be purchased with Crowns). I don't see how can they live with themselves, ripping off their subscribers.
    I have little need for this 'double bank space' as I said before, I'm not a crafter (of course that's not their fault). Now if they offered double bag space, then we're talking.
    Edited by Benie on July 31, 2017 8:40PM