The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Screen freeze while ESO still works? Maybe an AMD issue?

Knarize
Knarize
Soul Shriven
Hi!

Could really use some help from people who may have more knowledge about this occurring problem of mine.
A few days ago I got this new built PC with some old, but never-used AMD graphic cards (Dual-X Radeon R9 280X), I'm using crossfire tech and ESO plays perfectly fine and is above 60 FPS when playing.

The problem is that I'm having this screen freeze after everything from 5-40 minutes of gameplay. The screen freezes usually when I'm riding/walking around in game, and never when I'm idle. The thing is that I can still hear the game playing music and I can still play the game, its just that I can just see the last frame of the game when it froze. I've tried multiple solutions from the forums here and other sites + reinstalling the game ect. I've also tried to exchange graphic cards with a friend and the problem occurred on my friend's PC, meanwhile with mine where I replaced the R9 with a nvidia card ESO worked perfectly fine. The whole problem is so weird, because my graphic cards works so well with other games. For example I played Prey (2017) with high res for hours without any problems. But it seems like ESO doesn't support my AMD cards or drivers that well?

Are there someone here that knows a way to fix this issue without having to get myself a new graphic card?
Help is much appreciated! :smile:
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    possibly, i remember reading somewhere that ESO favors nvidia cards, have you tried updating the card? amd is quite slow on there updates as well from what ive heard.
  • Knarize
    Knarize
    Soul Shriven
    Mojmir wrote: »
    possibly, i remember reading somewhere that ESO favors nvidia cards, have you tried updating the card? amd is quite slow on there updates as well from what ive heard.

Yeah, I've updated it to the latest version and also tried to uninstall the drivers all together. :/