The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

When are we going to address this BS with fear?

Malamar1229
Malamar1229
✭✭✭✭✭
Can't even small scale on Kastav without this cheeseball EP emp abusing a fear bug. I am personally tired of people shrugging their shoulders like they don't know they're doing it and disrupting my game time.

It's funny the same scenario....he pops in an immov pot, surprise attack ,destro ultimate and fear. Each time, my friends and I are stuck in place unable to move. 15k stamina, can't roll dodge or break free. His response to me? "CC is bugged."

I am build defensively and have no issues having multiple people attacking me. But this particular player, every single time.....it's a 1 and done deal with no room for any counterplay.

Please for the love God, look into this deal.
Edited by Malamar1229 on July 30, 2017 3:02AM
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *shrugs shoulders*
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue has been up in the forums again and again. It happens with getting knocked to the group as well, you simply can't get up until your player decides to, as if you were out of stam. ZOS hasn't even acknowledged it.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The animation on fear needs to be changed. The current animation is too clunky and is buggy making it unbreakable often. That much for certain.

there reallly should be a damage threshold on fear...say after taking 4K damage it automatically breaks regardless this means you get one free unblocked attack on someone not this unloading multiple attacks nonsense we have now

But until then I'll continue to Mercilesd Bow, Soul Harvest, impale people who are feared with no chance to defend themselves...because that's balanced game play...

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never encounter this bug and as a fear spammer, I can tell you that most good opponents break it almost immediately.
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I never encounter this bug and as a fear spammer, I can tell you that most good opponents break it almost immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfmICz56crg

(tho im not saying its intentional, just that clearly it does happen)
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen this "bug." Think people just like making excuses for being too slow to break a CC...
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

same with me.
    i honestly think this is from lagg.
    sometimes i get hit with fear and i cant move, or it takes a very long time to break free from it but most of the time it is easily broken free from.
    but if the sorcerers don't like it then you can bet it will be removed from us nightblades.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The animation on fear needs to be changed. The current animation is too clunky and is buggy making it unbreakable often. That much for certain.

there reallly should be a damage threshold on fear...say after taking 4K damage it automatically breaks regardless this means you get one free unblocked attack on someone not this unloading multiple attacks nonsense we have now

But until then I'll continue to Mercilesd Bow, Soul Harvest, impale people who are feared with no chance to defend themselves...because that's balanced game play...

Sure if you make other CC:s break on damage aswell. Why settle with fear only? :trollface: Because it's one of the best skills nightblades have to offer? :wink:
    Edited by Master_Kas on July 30, 2017 9:37AM
    EU | PC
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

Sure if you make other CC:s break on damage aswell. Why settle with fear only? :trollface: Because it's one of the best skills nightblades have to offer? :wink:

I'd actually be fine with other hard cc breaking on a damage threshold as well. Fossilize has a threshold it breaks on, would anyone say it's a bad skill?

Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you haven't encountered it, you don't pvp enough. You can have full Stam and it will not let you break it while you sit at your keyboard trying to break it while you watch someone kill you.

It's the animation that needs changed. It's buggy. Bradias video is a prime example of why the animation on fear needs to be changed. What happened in that video happened to me 3 times on Friday night in the span of an hour.

This is not to mention the other CC like Javelin and others being broken which Gina admitted they are looking into fixing it

Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on July 30, 2017 12:52PM
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

I'd actually be fine with other hard cc breaking on a damage threshold as well. Fossilize has a threshold it breaks on, would anyone say it's a bad skill?

Then perhaps you should write that other hard cc breaking on damage not just fear. That was my point, not discussing the usefulness of skills that break on damage like fossilize :wink:

Or are you strongly against fear for some reason? As far as I know, and I've been playing alot, other CC bugs out as well from time to time.

Most of my opponents usually break free of fear pretty quickly unless its laggy or they was careless with their stam (which people don't like to admit but whine fear is buggy plz nerf)

Edit: I'd be fine with it breaking on damage if other CC:s got the same treatment, and I'm all up for changing the animation aswell. Just don't really want to see it nerfed into oblivion. We all know ZOS doesn't adjust things without destroying them :trollface:
    Edited by Master_Kas on July 30, 2017 1:11PM
    EU | PC
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In all fairness, it's not just fear.

Any CC can do it. It's lag I think.

Fear and frags seem like bad cuplrits because it's a lot harder to see you've been CCed instantly like it is with things like dizzying swing or javelin - you notice them a mile off.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a NB and 9 out of 10 times, people break out of my fear in the blink of an eye. I have had enemies that i saw take my fear and have to play out the entire animation. I'm not sure if I caught them out of stam or if it was the bug. I can't confirm.

At the same time I have fought certain NBs and I have fallen victim to not being able to break free from their fear, even with enough stamina in the tank. Maybe it's a stretch to say this, but I think some players are aware of this bug and know how to trigger it. I don't think it occurs as random as we may think.

Edit: BTW, what about that stupid vampire drain cc that now more and more players are crutching on? I know more and more are using it because it is a cc that has a hard one or two second delay before you can break it. And it is prominently used by those in groups.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on July 30, 2017 1:45PM
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can say I haven't had this issues in a long long time .. sounds like you were either low on stamina or slow to react or latency caused a delay.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fear became a non-issue ever since I started running immovable pots
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fear became a non-issue ever since I started running immovable pots

Which were recently found to be bad for your liver.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a NB and 9 out of 10 times, people break out of my fear in the blink of an eye. I have had enemies that i saw take my fear and have to play out the entire animation. I'm not sure if I caught them out of stam or if it was the bug. I can't confirm.

At the same time I have fought certain NBs and I have fallen victim to not being able to break free from their fear, even with enough stamina in the tank. Maybe it's a stretch to say this, but I think some players are aware of this bug and know how to trigger it. I don't think it occurs as random as we may think.

Edit: BTW, what about that stupid vampire drain cc that now more and more players are crutching on? I know more and more are using it because it is a cc that has a hard one or two second delay before you can break it. And it is prominently used by those in groups.

I get perma-CC'd by vamp drain a lot /: Sitting there with more than enough stam to CC break and can't do anything to break it, it's really annoying.

As for fear, I think everyone has dealt with unbreakable fear before. It's been happening for so long. CC in this game IS very bugged. Can get perma-CC'd by so many things; javelin being a huge example as well.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC is broken and has been for some time. Stamina players enough being OP with it, so nothing will be done. But FEAR, in particular, in it's current state is ridiculous.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4367486#Comment_4367486
    Thanks @Ch4mpTW, these issues <edited to add: issues are with CC immunity not working> are on our radar and is something we want to fix. We have some improvements coming in the next couple updates that should help with this.

That would include fear.

Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I haven't experienced this yet but then again I play in CP campaigns and have quite a few points in Break Free and other areas to help.

I have noticed there seems to be a "minimum threshold" level to break free in certain circumstances. Seems like 5K Stamina minimum but some cases 10K. Just my observations during game play. In PVE I think 10K stamina minimum is needed to break free from bosses CC's and Fear.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't encountered it, you don't pvp enough. You can have full Stam and it will not let you break it while you sit at your keyboard trying to break it while you watch someone kill you.

It's the animation that needs changed. It's buggy. Bradias video is a prime example of why the animation on fear needs to be changed. What happened in that video happened to me 3 times on Friday night in the span of an hour.

This is not to mention the other CC like Javelin and others being broken which Gina admitted they are looking into fixing it

I have PVP'd plenty, thanks. Especially during the event. I stop to fight the procblades between objectives (in my vd bomb gear with no sustain of any kind) and get feared constantly.

I have PVP'd enough that every CC has bugged out on me. Furthermore, this game has resource bar desyncs that can come into play.

IMO, the easiest CCs to break are the one with a knockback because the camera movement is so obvious. Fear is less obvious and I think that's a reason it gets singled out.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BraidasNM wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfmICz56crg

(tho im not saying its intentional, just that clearly it does happen)

He's a troll.
    I have zero issues breaking CC the instant I am hit with it.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's a troll.
    I have zero issues breaking CC the instant I am hit with it.

Uh, no. I'm sharing my experience. Is Asgari a troll too?

It's called getting ZOS'd. It can happen with any CC.

Edited by zyk on July 30, 2017 8:08PM
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Well if a NB can't use fear, there is no point playing a NB in PvP. Pick new class? The skill is broken. But I know I've had hate mail about this bugging out, it does happen, but I'm not a cheater, sorry. Other CC's bug out too. But I've also had hate mail about it knowing that they just ran out of stamina and are mad. I also have to cast fear twice or three times just to work sometimes. If you die to a bug, don't be so salty, we all die to bugs, bar swapping ect. It's a big open world mess, crazy shite is going to happen all the time. Cheers.