Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When a Piece of Armor or a Weapon You Research Has Two or More Traits.....

Mayanpup
Mayanpup
✭✭✭
can you choose which one to apply when making a new weapon/armor or are you stuck with the first trait you researched?
Edited by Mayanpup on July 29, 2017 11:54AM

Best Answers

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You don't research enchantment, you research traits.
    Answer ✓
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mayanpup wrote: »
    Magdalina wrote: »
    I'm afraid you still aren't making much sense :/ Weapons and armor can only have one trait at a time. There's a total of 9 traits, all of which you can learn and, once you learn them, craft, but any given item only has one trait. You can't have a cuirass that's both divines and infused, you can only have 2 cuirass(es?), 1 of which is divines, the other infused.

I have a lightning staff that I have researched the Defending trait on. On a later lightning staff I research the Training trait. After research is completed I have a lighting staff that has the Defending and Training traits. When I construct a lighting staff (NOT at the set crafting places) can I choose whether I want Defending or Training? I can only use one trait per weapon at the standard Woodworking station, so can I choose which one to apply?

That's where your wording gets confusing :D Got it now, you don't have a lightning staff with 2 traits, you have 2 traits researched on a lightning staff. Yes of course, once a trait research is finished you can choose to craft items with this trait(or any of the other traits you have researched). Keep in mind you'll need the trait stone to do so though.

It works exact same way at set crafting stations except if you have enough traits research you can also make items of that set, which on top of the trait bonus will have the set bonus (if you wear more than one set item at a time).
    Answer ✓
  • Mayanpup
    Mayanpup
    ✭✭✭
    You don't research enchantment, you research traits.

You are correct. My mistake.

Edited by Mayanpup on July 29, 2017 11:56AM
  • trinimacNcheese
    trinimacNcheese
    ✭✭✭
    Well thats a wrap boiis
    Edited by trinimacNcheese on July 29, 2017 11:54AM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid you still aren't making much sense :/ Weapons and armor can only have one trait at a time. There's a total of 9 traits, all of which you can learn and, once you learn them, craft, but any given item only has one trait. You can't have a cuirass that's both divines and infused, you can only have 2 cuirass(es?), 1 of which is divines, the other infused.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can only have one on an item, you want to research multiple because you might want it for other sets, like training or PvP sets.
    More importantly crafted sets has an known trait requirement to make item. Julianos has 6 traits so you need to know 6 traits for all the pieces you make, you can also only use traits you have researched so for training you need to know the training trait.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Mayanpup
    Mayanpup
    ✭✭✭

I have a lightning staff that I have researched the Defending trait on. On a later lightning staff I research the Training trait. After research is completed I have a lighting staff that has the Defending and Training traits. When I construct a lighting staff (NOT at the set crafting places) can I choose whether I want Defending or Training? I can only use one trait per weapon at the standard Woodworking station, so can I choose which one to apply?