The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing Wish List - Fishing, Nodes and Building Materials

deepsix
deepsix
Soul Shriven
Loving the housing thing - didn't think I would!

1. There is tons of water around my home (Earthtear) and it would be awesome to be able to place a fishing node! Other harvesting nodes as well.
2. I am trying to use platforms to build a jetty type structure - it would be awesome to have more structural type furnishings (though its conceivable there are and I have not come across them as yet).

Hope they keep developing and enhancing housing!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only issue with nodes is stopping some kind of over farming system.

I haven't played many MMO games with housing but I know SWTOR did this with a debuff timer after you harvested X number of nodes in your house meaning you couldn't harvest them again for Y hours.

I would love to have my own little alchemy reagent patch in my house I could go and farm each day for a few things.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Invoca
    Invoca
    ✭✭✭
    I would love being able to have a little garden patch and fishing nodes at the house. A cool-down timer like mentioned above could prevent abuse of it.

Think it would add a lot of atmosphere having a garden or being able to fish right by your own house for example.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

I haven't played many MMO games with housing but I know SWTOR did this with a debuff timer after you harvested X number of nodes in your house meaning you couldn't harvest them again for Y hours.

I would love to have my own little alchemy reagent patch in my house I could go and farm each day for a few things.

They could work like the mine/garden from WoW garrisons, you get to harvest them once a day and they respawn 24 hours later.

I would also like to be able to get actual structures to use in the larger courtyards, like a dock to place outside the trap door in Daggerfall Overlook or windmill or a large forge building like you get in the major cities.
  • thomasdumbox
    thomasdumbox
    Soul Shriven
    Even if you created nodes using items that you harvested in the open world, this would be something you could not abuse and it would create a pleasing effect to the home.
    Same goes for fishing, you catch fish in the open world and stock a fishing node in your home.

This important issue of misuse would be eliminated and the effect would be present to whatever degree you wish it, as could be baskets and drawers. This could be a minor solution to storage space as well.

Soooo, many benefits, no downside, right?
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several homes should have fishing nodes built in and added retroactively as part of base game. There is no harm in it.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • MajorDavood
    MajorDavood
    ✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

They could work like the mine/garden from WoW garrisons, you get to harvest them once a day and they respawn 24 hours later.

Something that can be tapped once every 24hrs seems like a very reasonable request. Especially a fishing hole but even an Alchemist patch sounds good too. A big thumbs up to your idea.