Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

GUIDE: How create and manage a successful trade guild

itreboiz
itreboiz
✭✭✭
Hi,
I'm itreboiz. Master Crafter (still need Buoyant), all provisioning recipe, 1000+ furnishing recipe, motif book collector. GM of Trinity Merchants, Payday II and IV.

The Economy System in TESO is basically a game-inside-a-game. It' fluid, dynamic and sometimes reflect the real life economy. When you find loot (gear, items, recipe,...) they have a basic value. It's the gold value that u get if you sell your stuff to the NPC merchant. Game's merchants are usefull for repair your gear and sell junk stuff. But when you need to buy and sell other stuff, then you need to go to the Trade Guilds.

Addon:

Downlaod and install Shissu Guild Tool, it's your guild manager tool

What is a Trade Guild?

In the game you can find different type of guilds: PvE, PvP, social,...and Trade Guild. It's a guild made for people (in that case "traders" that want t omake business; sell and buy stuff. When you join one u simply go to the nearest bank, spoke with the npc, then enter in the guild store menu. You can see 3 pages: stuff to sell, stuff to buy that someone is selling in that trade guild, and the listing paghe where u see what are u actually selling.

Start a trade guild and build your empire:

1- First, yuo need a free slot. Then you can create you own trade guild using a nice, memorable, intresting name

2- Prepare your spam message. Your guild is empty so you need to convince all your friends and noobs to join you. This is my spam message as example: "Are u a new player/trader? Do you want to make business? Join PAYDAY IV and we're gonna teach you how make good sales and make gold! Trader in MALABAL TOR join the family! ^^"

3- If you play alot of time (student? or maybe you dont have a work...or you work from home! xD) it's better spamming during morning, afternoon, evening. Travel from wayshrine to wayshrine in all Tamriel and spam your message. Usually you'll make 50-70 people/day. So, if yuo start Monday maybe for Sunday you'll be full (or atleast at 300-400 ppl)

4- Make a tabard, ranks, motd message and stay in contact with your guild mates

5- Deposit your "start investment" in the guild bank. 100k, 500k, 1m... depend on your wallet and ambition

6- Your now ready to choose your "spot" and make your first "bid"

Rules = Neat Guild

You need to put some rules if you want that everything go to the right way. The most important rule is respect other memebrs and try to help each others. No i was joking...the FIRST RULE IS: Don't use WTB/WTS in guild chat". No one should use it in a trade guild. This is what make the difference between the trade guild and the zone chat. If someone want to be profitter, then...KICK!
Put some rules about the inactivity. People that we'll be inactive for more then 5-7 days (or for vacation) should be sent mail to GM and make a deposit for cover the inactive time.

Ranks, for a pyramid hierarchy:

Even sometimes they have the same permission you need to make title difference between who sell 10k/w and who 1m/w. So:

- GM
- officer
- donor
- gold trader
- silver trader
- trader

these are the more classic ranks. You can add more for different sales range or other assignment

"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die".cit....The BID is coming!

It's a blind auction. Basically you choose your spot. Make the bid, then wait the bid end (right now is every Sunday 15 EDT). The highest bid win. Easy. You should start from cheap/low profile zone and then climb the ladder.

Bid Amount = Sales Tax + Donation + Lottery net income + your perosnal gold (if needed)

How much bid? depend form the zone and agaisnt who you're bidding. When yuo feel safe you could start bidding low (so you'll know if you're really safe or if someone is bidding on your spot)

Business zone:

- CHEAPER ZONE: (10k-500k)

Hew bane, Stonefalls, Riften, Coldharbour, Gold Coast, Auridon, Greenshade, Shadowfen, Malabal Tor,...

- MID ZONE: (1-2,5m)

Elden Root, Wayrest, Eastmarch, Windhelm, Orsinium, Vvardenfell,...

- HIGH ZONE: (2m-5m+)

Craglorn, Reaper March, Deshaan

Even in most expensive spot there are guilds that bid low becasue feel themself safe, so they save alot of gold!

The Master of Whispers has his little birds

War, alliance, spies. These are what make trade guilds and business exciting. Years ago (when bid time was at 4am in the morning :/) you could spy the bid amount. Now you can spy only withdraw/deposit. Put some trusty mates in enemy (even friendly) guilds and spy their bank amount and movement. You'll be able to figure out atleast an approximate bid value. Make alliance with some guilds, maybe they'll be usefull for a future trade war or atleast you don't bid against each other, saving some golds.

Requirements:

As soon as possible the guild will be full, so you need to "skim". Put some "min sales" requirements or donation. So you're going to keep only "real" traders that support your guild. You dont need people that sell less then 1k/week and make no donation....

Donation, Lottery and Social Life:

Donations are always welcome! so people that want to help and support your guild can make something usefull. Organize a lottery to sensitize people to donate. Maybe a "gold lottery", where half income go to the guild bank and half for the prize. Stay social, recruit some officers and organize event. You need ppl to grow fond with your guild (so they'll not left your guild when you'll loose your spot).

"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day, if you teach him to fish you feed him for lifetime".cit

Yeah, I saw in my guilds that usually 30%-50% of traders CAN'T sell min 10k/week. Making money it's just a matter of time. We can teach them how make money or give them some tips but they need to put some effort. If they can't hit 10k/w sales atleast made are donation. So will be usefull write a weekly mail or wrtie some tips in the motd.

Noobs seller --> Good deals!

Check always your guild and other new guilds. Alot of time noob/new traders put on sales expensive (or normal stuff) at a really low price! They don't know the real value of alot of stuff so you can do alot of gold reselling their stuff.

Take care of the scum

I'm talking about bots and gold sellers. Kick them from your guild and report them to ZoS!

Q/A:

- Why is important joining Trade Guilds?
For selling, buying, and keeping updated your MM data. Join more trade guild you can!

- Why sometimes Guild Banks are "private"?
Guild Bank was born like a "shared space" where guild memebrs can deposit/withdraw stuff. If yuo have mats, gears, pots that you dont use you can deposit in the guild bank so people can withdraw and use it. Since a year Tamriel saw alot of Bank Thieves. People that join trade guilds, reach "withdraw permission" rank, steal everything valuable, left the guild. So i prefer keep the bank private. If someone need something they contact me and we decide the price, so the buyer deposit a "donation" in the bank and he'll get what he want.

- Stable spot or be nomad?
It's your decision. You could find a spot and stay there. Usually people like stable spot. But you can even change spot every week if you want to check bids and sales around you, but will be more expensive.

A last quote, this time from Littlefinger, to close my guide: "Chaos is not a pit. Chaos is a ladder".cit
Edited by itreboiz on July 12, 2017 1:11AM
  • ThomasFredson
    ThomasFredson
    ✭✭
    Dude, you broke the Fightclub #1 rule. Do not talk about Fightclub. NEVER.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Dude, you broke the Fightclub #1 rule. Do not talk about Fightclub. NEVER.

hahaha xD good lough at morning!
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • itreboiz
    itreboiz
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to help people understand how Trade Guilds work and how make one
  • ThomasFredson
    ThomasFredson
    ✭✭
    I understand your idea, but are you aware you literally have disclosed some intelligence that is meant to be kept secret?
    I know many GMs who are now angry at you because of your "indelicacy" at handling and giving some precious information away.
    I would friendly advise you to revise some of these in order to keep everyone out of any fuss. Considering the toxicity I read everyday on these forums regarding the trade system, we don't need to get another drama around us.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand your idea, but are you aware you literally have disclosed some intelligence that is meant to be kept secret?
    I know many GMs who are now angry at you because of your "indelicacy" at handling and giving some precious information away.
    I would friendly advise you to revise some of these in order to keep everyone out of any fuss. Considering the toxicity I read everyday on these forums regarding the trade system, we don't need to get another drama around us.

Its not like this stuff is really that much a secret or even hard go figure out

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Silvia0708
    Silvia0708
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dear lovely Itre, my good old friend. This is a really wonderful thread. I learned many things from you. And I am sure I will be always thankful for this instruction to manage a trading guild.

The most important thing in this thread was to announce the bids of the various locations. A great work! Really.

Yours Silvia

Edit: As compensation I could teach you "how to promote" members in a running guild. It seems you don't know this procedere :dizzy:
    Edited by Silvia0708 on July 16, 2017 7:50PM
  • jcf190b14_ESO
    jcf190b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What makes one trade location more desirable than another? I still don't see how traders are worth so much money being invested, especially with access to the Tamriel Trade Centre.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good guide.
    What makes one trade location more desirable than another? I still don't see how traders are worth so much money being invested, especially with access to the Tamriel Trade Centre.
    The expensive spots are easy to acces (not far from a wayshrine), have high traffic (lots of people in the area), other kiosks, and are close to all crafting stations and a bank. They're convenient for customers.
    Edited by Pele on July 24, 2017 8:58AM
  • itreboiz
    itreboiz
    ✭✭✭
    TTC is just an addon. U need a guild with a good guild spot for selling fast your items. IN the years Craglorn, reaper march, deshaan become the more important spot so all people go there when they need tro buy something. So, they are expensive.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What did they reveal that everyone didn't already know?
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 2, 2017 1:21AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Foot traffic
    - Trader proximity to the wayshrine

Rawl'kha is the best trader location in the game because:
    - All the traders are right next to the wayshrine
    - There is a lot of foot traffic due to the convenient placement of services (bank and all crafting stations are right next to the wayshrine as well)

The capital cities are popular because they see a lot of foot traffic due to pledges. Mournhold is the cream of the crop among capital cities because the traders are right next to the wayshrine (Wayrest and Elden Root require you to walk a bit).

Belkarth is a top trader location because everyone does their writs there. Therefore, they also buy their mats there. The actual traders are like a 5km trek from the wayshrine, but it's still more convenient to walk to them than to port to another city.

EDIT: As of Clockwork City patch, you can complete writs anywhere. As a result, Belkarth is no longer a top trader destination.

Vivec City is another good trader location (similar setup to Rawl'kha), but it's a DLC zone, so it will always have less people than base game cities.

There are cities like Sentinel, Windhelm, Ebonheart, etc. that have good trader placement, but nobody visits these cities because there is nothing to do there, and the services aren't conveniently laid out.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 15, 2018 7:34PM
  • itreboiz
    itreboiz
    ✭✭✭
    New dlc is coming next monday (even a new GoT episode ^^). So, prepare yourself. Bid high and save your spot or bid more and go in a better spot. The first and the second week (after new DLC) are very important, you can hit massive sales. More people came back and alot of new stuff to sell at crazy price (in guild chat ro zone chat).

My advice is: spend what have u saved in the past weeks and go into a better spot, maybe in craglorn, deshaan or rawl kha. If you win u'll have a big boost in recruiting, sales and advertisement.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ThomasFredson I have never run a trading guild, and I knew all this information lol why act like there are any secrets, anyone who tries to run a trading guild more than 1-2 weeks realize all this regardless. Now they just know it before they place their first bid.

If it's the case that some GM's are angry because of this guide, then perhaps they should learn to manage their guilds better, instead of getting angry that a little basic information got out.

• ThomasFredson
    ThomasFredson
    ✭✭
    It's not a little basic information. Weekly bids are blind for a reason.
    If someone decides to reveal the average values of them, it disrupts the precious balance Trading Guilds Masters have been trying to keep for months.
    How? Because all guilds have to up their bids each week not to be taken down by snipers.
    And what are the consequences? Simple, if you up your bid by "only" half a million, your guild is required to sell for several more millions, each week. And I bet you don't know how of a strain it may be.
    But yeah, trying to run a guild for 2-3 weeks grant you the right to advise GMs of guilds existing since launch and already selling for hundreds of millions, and still being on the edge each week.
    Bid amounts aren't important after all, that's true. It's just the main pillar of a trading guild, nothing to take too much care about...
    People just need to realise that if it's (was) kept secret, this was for a good reason.
    And one more thing before someone tries to argue over it, GMs of biggest guilds DON'T PAY THEMSELVES with the tax income. They can't. Otherwise the guild falls because the bid isn't assured. Do you see the point, now?
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ThomasFredson it is well known basic information, that the community is already aware of. Deleting the information in this guide will not prevent anything. lol
  • itreboiz
    itreboiz
    ✭✭✭
    So, right now u can't "spy" anymore the gold in guild bank, atleast you have the fair rank...
  • Barberu
    Barberu
    Soul Shriven
    It's not a little basic information. Weekly bids are blind for a reason.
    If someone decides to reveal the average values of them, it disrupts the precious balance Trading Guilds Masters have been trying to keep for months.

I think one of the most important secret has just been revealed by you :smile:

Name is"collusion" between trade guilds and Guild Masters...

I would also presume that the officers / leaders of all of Craglorn based guilds are officers / leaders in 5 of those guilds...

Monopoly anyone? :wink: