The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming nerf to Amaya Lake Lodge?

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    I've seen some people made out of other things that look absolutely amazing. Sink a barrel or a crate in the ground and it gives a pretty cool effect.

eh, I prefer the built-in look personally.

OT: coolest thing I've seen so far was someone who made aquariums in the windows of Grand Topal's bedroom.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    I've seen some people made out of other things that look absolutely amazing. Sink a barrel or a crate in the ground and it gives a pretty cool effect.

eh, I prefer the built-in look personally.

OT: coolest thing I've seen so far was someone who made aquariums in the windows of Grand Topal's bedroom.

I hear ya, I haven't seen the aquarium thing yet. I did see someone build an entertainment center, used a painting as the tv.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, wanted to touch on the issues mentioned in this thread.

First, the planter. This was actually never supposed to go live in the house where it was placed, which is why console players don't even have the planter to begin with; it was only seen on PC. This was a very nice planter, though, so we're figuring out a way to provide the planter as a furnishing for those that previously had it. Details to come as we're still working everything out, but expect to have this back one way or another.

As for Red Mountain, this was never viewable from the home and wasn't a change that was recently made. We'll see if we're able to add this to the distance, but there are a lot of variables that go into what can be viewed from homes.

Hello gina, any plans to include dirt furnishings? the planter already has dirt textures and id like to be able to place my own so i can have indoor gardens that look more believable
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

First, the planter. This was actually never supposed to go live in the house where it was placed, which is why console players don't even have the planter to begin with; it was only seen on PC. This was a very nice planter, though, so we're figuring out a way to provide the planter as a furnishing for those that previously had it. Details to come as we're still working everything out, but expect to have this back one way or another.

As for Red Mountain, this was never viewable from the home and wasn't a change that was recently made. We'll see if we're able to add this to the distance, but there are a lot of variables that go into what can be viewed from homes.

Is this the new marketing plan. Put something in the houses that wasn't "supposed" to be there then remove it. Only to sell it back to the person who already bought it. Same with Hundings Palatial Hall.

We wouldn't sell it to those that previously had it - we would give it to them.

also any eta on housing slots increase? if this planter is removed it would take an extra slot and many of us used up by now
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any chance to make it permanent like it appears currently on pc live? That space looks odd with out it there and it will end up taking up another item slot that many of us are struggling with already.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was actually never supposed to go live in the house where it was placed, which is why console players don't even have the planter to begin with; it was only seen on PC.

Why do you have such an incompetent housing team? They put something in houses, then remove it, then looking for solution how to give it back. Seriously, how much longer we - as the customers - need to deal with this behaviour?
    This was a very nice planter, though, so we're figuring out a way to provide the planter as a furnishing for those that previously had it.

You know what, I have better idea. Leave this damn planter on PC as it is, and give one free planter to console players who bought this house and never had it. As I wrote few posts above, this planter was one of the things which I liked the most in this house, also I bought trees and flowers ESPECIALLY for this one planter and now they will float in the air.

Another thing - keep in mind that many of us already have 600/600 slots used, so when you'll give us this planter it means we need to delete one item from our house to be able to place it.

"We'll see if we're able"... I think you are able, because you already fixed that bug with Tel Galen in 3.1.1 patch notes:
    Adjusted the view from the Tel Galen home to include Red Mountain on the horizon.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    This was actually never supposed to go live in the house where it was placed, which is why console players don't even have the planter to begin with; it was only seen on PC.

Why do you have such an incompetent housing team? They put something in houses, then remove it, then looking for solution how to give it back. Seriously, how much longer we - as the customers - need to deal with this behaviour?
    This was a very nice planter, though, so we're figuring out a way to provide the planter as a furnishing for those that previously had it.

You know what, I have better idea. Leave this damn planter on PC as it is, and give one free planter to console players who bought this house and never had it. As I wrote few posts above, this planter was one of the things which I liked the most in this house, also I bought trees and flowers ESPECIALLY for this one planter and now they will float in the air.

Another thing - keep in mind that many of us already have 600/600 slots used, so when you'll give us this planter it means we need to delete one item from our house to be able to place it.

"We'll see if we're able"... I think you are able, because you already fixed that bug with Tel Galen in 3.1.1 patch notes:
    Adjusted the view from the Tel Galen home to include Red Mountain on the horizon.

they need to give us like 50 additional housing slots to work with in the mean time if they will force us to use another slot for a planter that should already be there
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 22, 2017 12:21PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still worried over that slot I have to give up to put the furnishing where it's supposed to be
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    So today I updated my PTS, went to Amaya Lake Lodge and noticed that one thing disappeared:

wiJxPn1.jpg

This "place for plants" between stairs is no longer there (but it was with Morrowind closed beta). Here is screenshot from Live server, taken today in my home:

YTl1Jl0.jpg

As you can see, it is there on Live server - tree and other stuff is MINE cause I own this house.

Is this another nerf similar to Earthtear Cavern and other homes? I hope it won't go to Live server like this, cause I payed hard earned money for this house! @ZOS_GinaBruno

Edit: uploaded better photos

could someone please explain how to go about posting a xbl screen shot on this forum.

tks in advance
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So today I updated my PTS, went to Amaya Lake Lodge and noticed that one thing disappeared:

wiJxPn1.jpg
    This looks REALLY BAD. :(
    Sigtric wrote: »
    That space looks odd with out it there and it will end up taking up another item slot that many of us are struggling with already.
    This. Instead of messing up something we paid for, why not just give planter boxes to console users?

Edited by SydneyGrey on July 25, 2017 5:57AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this the new marketing plan. Put something in the houses that wasn't "supposed" to be there then remove it. Only to sell it back to the person who already bought it. Same with Hundings Palatial Hall.

Awesome. Thanks for the previous info and for looking at ways to make it up to those losing the planter Gina.

I mean... I didn't find a nice plant for it yet, but I was gunna!
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    That space looks odd with out it there and it will end up taking up another item slot that many of us are struggling with already.
    This. Instead of messing up something we paid for, why not just give planter boxes to console users?
    Maybe console players have already put something there, like a nice statue. You'd get significant backlash by forcing something fixed on them that wasn't there before, just like happened with those boulders in Earthtear Cavern.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Maybe console players have already put something there, like a nice statue. You'd get significant backlash by forcing something fixed on them that wasn't there before, just like happened with those boulders in Earthtear Cavern.

That's a good point, but for me, who hasn't purchased that house yet, but will do so in future, I'd much rather have the planter. But, I can see that forcing it into console homes could mess up what some have done with that space.

I'm not quite sure why it wasn't on console, as the space looks really weird without anything there. Why was this feature in the MW beta in the first place, if it was never intended to go live and removed for the console? I mean, why remove a fixture and leave an awkward hole? My only guess is that they plan to introduce planter furnishings in future.
  • Futerko
    Futerko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3 years later and any update in this case?

YOUTUBE CHANNEL HOUSING/OUTFITS

GM Aetherius Art - Housing Guild (PC EU)
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about releasing not only that planter, but several types of planters we are asking for years? Why do you want to remove things, instead of releasing things that would please the community? I do not understand your angle, really, and none here does.

Releasing the Alinor Greenhouse and trees was probably the best thing for housing in many months, people are having a great time with those, but we are missing planters for these greenhouses. So, it would be a great time to add that planter you removed, and Alinor ones, please!

And why shouldn't the player see the Red Mountain from the house? Isn't the house in Morrowind?
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno we last had an update in 2017 about this planter... any chance we can finally have someone flip the switch so we can have this much requested item?
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno we last had an update in 2017 about this planter... any chance we can finally have someone flip the switch so we can have this much requested item?

It really is unforgivably absurd how long we've been forced to wait for such a simple item as a planter, especially when they keep making new models of planters for every Chapter that they simply refuse to convert into a furnishing item.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My guess is they wanted to make it possible for players to add their own decoration there.. but if that was the case the house should have been launched without the tree. changing it now is dishonest.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A strange development.

This seems unfortunate because the planter is obviously a good feature. Most owners of this home will effectively be losing 1 furnishing slot.

On the other hand it sets a precedent. There are other homes with polarising built-in elements which could have broader appeal with similar changes.

eg. bosmer pods and all their built-in dead animal crap.
    Did you even read the post you quoted?

You seem not to have.
    Hopefully it wont be for crowns, of if its for crowns just like 50 crowns each planter

Existing home owners getting 1 freebie to replace the removed built in doesn't exclude the possibility of it also being made for sale to everyone. Which would cost something.