The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Luxury Furniture Vendor - 2017/07/21

• mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That throne would have probably been like 80k or something ridiculous

• dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed, not a bug. It is intended as free in celebration of Midyear Mayhem.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    Confirmed, not a bug. It is intended as free in celebration of Midyear Mayhem.

The way it's written is definitely more of a positive spin than a confirmation - we already know based on the missing furniture week that they can't hotfix the vendor. So it's not like they could add a price or even remove it this weekend.

But good to get confirmation that we can use it.

signing off
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Everyone please enjoy your free Skull Daedric Throne in celebration of the Midyear Mayhem! Make sure to pick one up (or more than one ;)) while it's available. We'd love to see how you use the throne in your homes. Share your screenshots with us!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • malcolmhagger
    malcolmhagger
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone please enjoy your free Skull Daedric Throne in celebration of the Midyear Mayhem! Make sure to pick one up (or more than one ;)) while it's available. We'd love to see how you use the throne in your homes. Share your screenshots with us!

when you *** up and try to play it off like it was on purpose
  • ErilAq
    ErilAq
    ✭✭✭
    OH BOY FREE FOR ALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!
    Internet armchair warriors attack! Yayayayayayaaaaaah!!!!
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So why aren't these just bound then cause we all know someone will be dumb enough to buy them for more than 1g
  • SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭

It was probably intentional and they didn't think people would be so suspicious of it as to create so many discussions. So, they made sure to set everyone straight
    And so, Akatosh revealed himself to a young Gaben, and granted him purpose.
    "Grant them Steam sales," he commanded.
    And obey, he did.
  • makerofthings
    makerofthings
    ✭✭✭
    I will take 2 and forget the rest. Fun times.
  • malcolmhagger
    malcolmhagger
    ✭✭✭

It was probably intentional and they didn't think people would be so suspicious of it as to create so many discussions. So, they made sure to set everyone straight

was joking overall but why allow players to get thousands of these and not just add to event boxes in pvp
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hoorayyy! Free stuff!

Do it more often!
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, Jessica!
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was probably intentional and they didn't think people would be so suspicious of it as to create so many discussions.

I don't want to crap on ZoS because I'm glad of the outcome, but it's not an unreasonable suspicion given that they previously gave a ban to players who reported an exploit or who unknowingly exploited simply by playing the game as intended.

I'm sorry to say it, but you can't be surprised people are paranoid if you occasionally replace their frisbee with a landmine.
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I love how this guy buys 12 then cuts to his house and then says he has 200.
  • mrdiamond666
    mrdiamond666
    ✭✭✭
    SWEET!!!!! Going to get mine after this last episode of GAME OF THRONES...

giphy.gif
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to redecorate my inner room
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon the entire game will be filled with thrones. What is this some kind of Game of thrones?

(I'll see myself out)

Next up:
    5krq50i.jpg
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Stormshaper
    Stormshaper
    ✭✭✭
    I'm picturing @SantieClaws in Santa hat, giving these away for free in all the starter zones
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put thrones in my jungle house!!
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The state of ESO, everyone is jumping to say Bug or broken because most *** is.
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it can be quite not bad low stands for something. Maybe, busts? In some orcish house? Have neither.
    3FK-ot_C9Dk.jpg
    uz-CgZfDLsI.jpg

And how you are using thrones?
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niceee
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SFDB wrote: »
    It was probably intentional and they didn't think people would be so suspicious of it as to create so many discussions.

I don't want to crap on ZoS because I'm glad of the outcome, but it's not an unreasonable suspicion given that they previously gave a ban to players who reported an exploit or who unknowingly exploited simply by playing the game as intended.

I'm sorry to say it, but you can't be surprised people are paranoid if you occasionally replace their frisbee with a landmine.

Duplicating items isn't even remotely similar to buying worthless vendor items. It's completely crazy to assume they would have taken action against people who bought the thrones.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 22, 2017 4:36AM
  • DacuTv
    DacuTv
    ✭✭✭

Now our trials preparation space is complete!
    trial_preparation.png
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually really like this chair, not sure why some people are saying it's ugly or whatever.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    I actually really like this chair, not sure why some people are saying it's ugly or whatever.

Because each chair is specially crafted from stones harvested from nix-hound kidneys.
    In case you were wondering where all the extra nix-hounds went after you received gems for them...
    signing off
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now our trials preparation space is complete!
    Wouldn't that be better with Daedric Base, Ashen (with bottom size up) as a table, or it is too big?
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not only are they wasting valuable server space with these trillions of thrones people are actually making gold for free of new players, great job ZoS, not.

Also why in the world did you not cap these thrones at like 50 per account, if you had this must trouble with a pvp event how are you going to handle trillions of these thrones on the server.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only are they wasting valuable server space with these trillions of thrones people are actually making gold for free of new players, great job ZoS, not.

Also why in the world did you not cap these thrones at like 50 per account, if you had this must trouble with a pvp event how are you going to handle trillions of these thrones on the server.

LOL, all my furnishings are clogging up server space? worth it!
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SFDB wrote: »

Duplicating items isn't even remotely similar to buying worthless vendor items. It's completely crazy to assume they would have taken action against people who bought the thrones.

I'm not referring to the item dupe, I'm referring to the erroneous skill point issue, which lumped people farming Spriggans, people who reported the exploit, and anyone who happened by on a quest and joined in a group fight in with all the exploiters and banned everybody. Spriggans, as Alcast suggested, being a good thing to use on your new Stam Warden, which was when the bug happened.

So if they ban people just for trying to get gear for their new character, or just joining in a fight, or even for telling them that there's a bug in the first place, well, it makes you paranoid of anything that might get labeled an exploit, even if you're not trying to exploit it.