The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BG Deathmatch work?

k9mouse
k9mouse
✭✭✭✭✭
The deathmatch always seem to be waiting on players.... is it working?

BG Deathmatch work? 21 votes

Yes
23%
AlienSloflillybitMaverick_BrianSovjetgeonsocal 5 votes
No
71%
CavalryPKMoloch1514k9mouseEtanieldeleted220701-004865leandro.800ub17_ESOHatchetHarogootdudeVaohJarlUlfricRupzSkoomaNateS4Tommy_The_GunZaidtroThogard 15 votes
Kind of
4%
MakoFore 1 vote
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Oh really? It starts -- forms groups but the match never starts....
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugged since 2 weeks, no words from zos
    Working as intended
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    played in a deathmatch last night that actually went the full 15 minutes...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Deathmatch comes up once each 25+ entries
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Teridaxus wrote: »
    Bugged since 2 weeks, no words from zos
    Working as intended

We posted about this just yesterday: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4349314#Comment_4349314
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Lol this is funny I litterally tool a break from bg's the day it stopped giving Death match. Maybe a coincidence maybe not. Just saying
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think there is a confusion between 2 bugs here:
    • Not getting deathmatchs (which is the one most people get on PC, both NA/EU)
    • Getting stuck in the waiting room, which seems to be what the OP gets. The "waiting on players" bug has been added here.
    Asmael wrote: »
    Sometimes, you can be stuck in a battleground waiting room.

The match will show up as "waiting for players", and will not actively seek to fill the empty slots, only replace existing ones:

Waiting room POV:
    4540183b69.png

Initial matchup as I entered, and after about 5mn (after more time, some people will leave and get replaced, but the empty slots never get filled):
    cdec53576e.png
    bdc89694ed.png

EDIT: This one seem to happen regardless of match mode, as I had this issue both with Domination and Deathmatch.
    This seems to be strictly an issue with the way teams are formed as leaving players properly get replaced.

PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.