The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Community Ambassadors Assemble

Rouven
Rouven
✭✭✭✭✭
@Turelus @MissBizz @SantieClaws @Paulington @Nestor @Enodoc

Come one come all and show us your shiny forum avatars!

Perhaps there is a story behind it? Did you guys get to chose? Open the curtain and entertain us. :)

Congratulations! (Nice to see those little gestures.)
Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :smiley: Yes we got to choose. Of course it had to be approved and ESO related kind of thing. Mine is actually my main character. If you see her running around - it's me!

Mostly once @Turelus got in, nobody wanted to have the chance of being mistaken for him. (I kid, I kid ;) )

THOUGH if you're assembling everyone. Let's add a bit of more constructive suggestions here.

Has everyone enjoyed the Community Spotlight and Battlemaster corners coming back? Any other community type articles you'd like to see?

Have any events people are holding in game?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to no more jail search lights.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for most of the time on the forums since starting the game I had the Azura's Star avatar, I was kind of sad to lose it.

After mulling over some ideas using my main, getting art of my main etc. I decided to go with a custom Azura's Star avatar. It's a custom design by another community ambassador @randolphbenoit and I love it. :)

Also tagging @Chufu to come post as well.

Edited by Turelus on July 21, 2017 7:39PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being the procrastinator that I am, I sill have not submitted my Avatar. Although I am going to use a character, I have not figured out which one.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm am so jealous of your forum avatars I can't even speak to any of you right now ..

Just joking I can be salty and still speak :D
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    So for most of the time on the forums since starting the game I had the Azura's Star avatar, I was kind of sad to lose it.

After mulling over some ideas using my main, getting art of my main etc. I decided to go with a custom Azura's Star avatar. It's a custom design by another community ambassador @randolphbenoit and I love it. :)

Glad your happy with it
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    :smiley: Yes we got to choose. Of course it had to be approved and ESO related kind of thing. Mine is actually my main character. If you see her running around - it's me!

Mostly once @Turelus got in, nobody wanted to have the chance of being mistaken for him. (I kid, I kid ;) )

THOUGH if you're assembling everyone. Let's add a bit of more constructive suggestions here.

Has everyone enjoyed the Community Spotlight and Battlemaster corners coming back? Any other community type articles you'd like to see?

Have any events people are holding in game?

I'm sure that Turelus was the instiga... inspira... the spark, final straw ... :D

Sure hope that's mead in your mug!

Totally love the Community Spotlight. I somewhat feel that all that creative talent here is not as visible, so it's really good for that.

I'm usually impressed with the "build names" if you so will for the Battlemasters Corner but otherwise it's not so my thing.
    Megabear wrote: »
    Yes to no more jail search lights.

Escape from Alcatraz? B)
    Turelus wrote: »

Awesome, thanks for adding the people I forgot! (and sorry to the people I forgot, this was just on top of my head and not researched.

@randolphbenoit Your Avatar is extra special, not even a frame! What is it?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Rouven wrote: »
    Totally love the Community Spotlight. I somewhat feel that all that creative talent here is not as visible, so it's really good for that.

We typically share a lot of community creations on our Twitter and Tumblr pages. Do you have ideas how we can make these more visible? We'd love to hear them. :)
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on July 21, 2017 8:01PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just the background color same as forums only after I learned they use png (was expecting it converted to jpeg) then I would have done transparent background
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We got offered a choice, yep!

My avatar was made by a fellow CA @randolphbenoit, it depicts one of my pet snakes Dyna. She is a false water cobra and I wanted a "Sep Cobra" avatar which he very kindly made.

I think Randolph did a very good job of capturing her as she may be in the ESO universe:

kx88taO.jpg.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We typically share a lot of community creations on our Twitter and Tumblr pages. Do you have ideas how we can make these more visible? We'd love to hear them. :)

This would be great to hear from more people. Obviously I spend a ton of the time on the forums, but I also use twitter regularly so I believe I see a lot of it. I'd love to know how others hear about ESO news and ESO Community Creations!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So now we have a special thread to celebrate that a few hand-picked forumites have been given access to one of the most basic features available to all users on practically every other forum in existence. *sigh* Congrats, I guess.
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm am so jealous of your forum avatars I can't even speak to any of you right now ..

U must be a community ambassador as well...u deserve it.

I will great thanks if this will happen.
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't know how effective this would be, but perhaps you could do a weekly (monthly? depends on your free time and the number of fan arts submitted daily) roundup of images to post in a curated thread in Community Creations, and do a call-out/link to it in the little blurbs we get in the launcher.

Pro: People who don't routinely find time to go to the Community Creations sub forum get a reminder, along with a smaller set of things to examine than trying to follow all the threads there. It makes a bit more one-stop-shopping than having to remember to check Twitter and Tumblr and who knows what else.

Con: Since not every fan submission will be in the call-out thread, feelings may get hurt. Also, more work for ZoS folks.

I note that GW2 does a monthly live stream, generally sparsely viewed (mea culpa on being part of the sparseness, I just don't remember to look for a stream on a Wednesday afternoon) in which they spotlight community art. All the art they show seems to be stuff I've seen on their Tumblr page, so I assume that is their source. Sometimes they do themes, like Nornvember -- they solicited art featuring norns a couple months in advance and picked some for the show. (They also pick from stuff submitted much earlier, even a year or two before, once it seems to fit in the stream). ESO Live occasionally includes fan art, perhaps you could feature one or two things each stream and offer a link to a more extensive collection site for interested viewers.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    We got offered a choice, yep!

My avatar was made by a fellow CA @randolphbenoit, it depicts one of my pet snakes Dyna. She is a false water cobra and I wanted a "Sep Cobra" avatar which he very kindly made.

I think Randolph did a very good job of capturing her as she may be in the ESO universe:

kx88taO.jpg.

Your snake is beautiful. :)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

U must be a community ambassador as well...u deserve it.

I will great thanks if this will happen.

OH you are too kind my friend . But an ambassador to the community needs to be an upstanding citizen and my 3 points in medicinal use remains controversial . I just grow the moon sugar , this one is not responsible once it leaves the shop .
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really liked the fanart spotlights you used to do in ESO Lives! You even showed a commission my friend got of her character and I messaged her in the middle of the day telling her she technically got on ESO Live.

So if you could do more spotlights of that in the fluffier portions of the streams, that'd be really cool. I'd also love if you had more contests, like the housing one! Now that I, ahem, HAVE a house to decorate... pleaaaase?
    Edited by rhapsodious on July 21, 2017 8:37PM
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Perhaps there is a story behind it? Did you guys get to chose? Open the curtain and entertain us. :)

You forgot other ambassadors as well :p

Edit: Thanks @Turelus for tagging me :wink:
    Edited by Chufu on July 21, 2017 8:42PM
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »

You forgot other ambassadors as well :p

I know, it's terrible! I did mean to mention that I most likely will forget someone and promptly forgot that as well. But see above, I said sorry and thanked Turelus! o:)

Is your avatar blue chufu?
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Custom avatars? Alright fine. @stevepdodson_ESO888, @Beerbong_Ginn and @MissBizz, I will now accept your nomination to become an ambassador.

Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert

giphy.gif

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »

I don't know how effective this would be, but perhaps you could do a weekly (monthly? depends on your free time and the number of fan arts submitted daily) roundup of images to post in a curated thread in Community Creations, and do a call-out/link to it in the little blurbs we get in the launcher.

Pro: People who don't routinely find time to go to the Community Creations sub forum get a reminder, along with a smaller set of things to examine than trying to follow all the threads there. It makes a bit more one-stop-shopping than having to remember to check Twitter and Tumblr and who knows what else.

Con: Since not every fan submission will be in the call-out thread, feelings may get hurt. Also, more work for ZoS folks.

I note that GW2 does a monthly live stream, generally sparsely viewed (mea culpa on being part of the sparseness, I just don't remember to look for a stream on a Wednesday afternoon) in which they spotlight community art. All the art they show seems to be stuff I've seen on their Tumblr page, so I assume that is their source. Sometimes they do themes, like Nornvember -- they solicited art featuring norns a couple months in advance and picked some for the show. (They also pick from stuff submitted much earlier, even a year or two before, once it seems to fit in the stream). ESO Live occasionally includes fan art, perhaps you could feature one or two things each stream and offer a link to a more extensive collection site for interested viewers.

@Donari That's a cool idea as well, but I feel partly why we don't see much promoted by zos is that it takes a lot of time to hunt down and find the fanart and such. Do you know of any places that are a bit of a "hub" for this? I realize a lot use deviant art, I'm not too familiar, is there "communitys" on the site where it's easier to see the TES/ESO related art?

• CMFan1966
    CMFan1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the avatars! But I must say I am SO NOT loving that real life snake picture. Yep, I'm a girly girl who would still be wearing ruffles and bows if I wasn't so daggone old.

Can't wait to see what @SantieClaws chooses!
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww all the cool kids get a custom avatar :(
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CMFan1966 wrote: »
    Congrats on the avatars! But I must say I am SO NOT loving that real life snake picture. Yep, I'm a girly girl who would still be wearing ruffles and bows if I wasn't so daggone old.

@CMFan1966 Spoiler alert, Santie already has a custom avatar. Now you need to go find it :pensive:
    (more spoiler - click on someone's @ name in the forums to see their profile - including their avatar)
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Rouven maybe I am blue, but my character is black/blue ;)
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »

@Donari That's a cool idea as well, but I feel partly why we don't see much promoted by zos is that it takes a lot of time to hunt down and find the fanart and such. Do you know of any places that are a bit of a "hub" for this? I realize a lot use deviant art, I'm not too familiar, is there "communitys" on the site where it's easier to see the TES/ESO related art?

You can search by tags, I think.

The ESO subreddit has a pretty good collection of fanart from what I remember- I mostly browse reddit on mobile and don't click on many images, but I've seen some good stuff there. Could expand it to nice/funny screenshots, too.

Snakes are cute ): Paul your snake is adorable. I'm more of a boa person, myself.
  • CMFan1966
    CMFan1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@CMFan1966 Spoiler alert, Santie already has a custom avatar. Now you need to go find it :pensive:
    (more spoiler - click on someone's @ name in the forums to see their profile - including their avatar)

@MissBizz LOVE it!!! And perfect for her! Just as yours is perfect for you! :)
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread delivers some community joy and also education. Thanks, @Paulington. I'd never even heard of the False Water Cobra before. Now I've spent some time researching it online.

On a related note, I'm now really far behind at work....
    Edited by MasterSpatula on July 21, 2017 9:25PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread delivers some community joy and also education. Thanks, @Paulington. I'd never even heard of the False Water Cobra before. Now I've spent some time researching it online.

On a related note, I'm not really far behind at work....

Never heard of one either and am mildly interested in such things, very cool!

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is there an application process or something for becoming an ambassador? Or must the Divines simply chose those whom they deem worthy?

Bless me Azura, that I may lurk the forums for you with great zeal!