The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

#3 Should Execution abilities be nerfed as such:

GeorgeBlack
GeorgeBlack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
1) Amplify an Execution ability only when used in combo with another required ability, rather than having the user to spam the ability on a target near death
or
2)Increase Execution ability cost, greatly, on order for users to be required to be more tactical, rather than having the user to spam the ability on a target near death

I find that in connection with the other two polls, these changes to combat would improve PvP ESO

Challenges to PvE due to loss of dps can be addressed by the Develoepers by decreasing mobs/bosses HP to achieve desired balance.

Please visit these polls before casting your vote. They might change your opinion

#1 Poll Out-Healing, Damage Shield spamming
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/356269/1-should-heals-and-damage-shields-have-a-short-casting-duration#latest

#2 Poll Proc damage gear sets (overperforming)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/356270/2-should-proc-overperforming-proc-damage-gear-sets-be-removed-limited-to-pve#latest

Edited by GeorgeBlack on June 29, 2017 12:18PM

#3 Should Execution abilities be nerfed as such: 70 votes

Yes/yes, but
11%
ShareeAgrippa_InvisusPaganiniGeorgeBlackIlCanis_LupuslIVapirkoInsanepirate01gepe87 8 votes
No because
88%
Joy_DivisionDeadlyRecluseWicked_WolfGedericKaslolo_01b16_ESODeHeiidkDyridePotenzaGhost-ShotRicktersollJackDaniellMagusAhzekPikkonMGRagnaroek93Dystopia2020Iyas 62 votes
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No because
    1) Amplify an Execution ability only when used in combo with another required ability, rather than having the user to spam the ability on a target near death
    or
    2)Increase Execution ability cost, greatly, on order for users to be required to be more tactical, rather than having the user to spam the ability on a target near death

I find that in connection with the other two polls, these changes to combat would improve PvP ESO

Challenges to PvE due to loss of dps can be addressed by the Develoepers by decreasing mobs/bosses HP to achieve desired balance.

you know why it is called "Executioner ability"???
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No because
    Its absolutely not logical. An execute is already a skill that you can use only at a certain moment in a fight (which is also the minority of the fight). It makes sense for it to be cheap. And the combo thing is just stupid.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its absolutely not logical. An execute is already a skill that you can use only at a certain moment in a fight (which is also the minority of the fight). It makes sense for it to be cheap. And the combo thing is just stupid.

There's 2 executes that sort of ignore that rule " use only at a certain moment in a fight" ... radiant and fury... you can happily pre-cast those and they will do their thing even to high health targets.... one because it lingers.. and the other because it's a clear "go attack this guy" spell... both very very effective when used outside of their intended range.
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because
    No, because STOP NERFING THINGS!
    Edited by Dracindo on June 29, 2017 10:50AM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No because
    I think they've done enough nerfing! Seems like every time someone gets killed by a skill, they want it nerfed. Learn how to counter the skills that kill you.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because
    Nah, I think their strength is kinda needed in order to:

1) counter defensive effects that kick in at low life (healing ward, troll king, warden major mending, ...) in pvp
    2) make them viable in pve. several build are (or have been) in fashion that do not slot an execute ability that is theoretically available simply because another "passive thing" (e.g. inner light) just gives more damage overall

Additionally, they make decent lifepools more viable because they extend the potential burst of many builds without giving them abilities that are totally overboard on their own
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No because
    Executes are bugged anyway, they don't scale properly with CP and damage done boni, so they are doing way less damage than they should right now.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because
    Because coup de grâce.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes/yes, but
    altemriel wrote: »
    or

you know why it is called "Executioner ability"???

@altemriel

I know that in combination with proc sets Execution in it's current form is over-performing and I'd like to see more playstyles.
    If such a change takes place I'd like for combat to be more meaningful than me Crit charging, after hiding a heavy attack with AC, Dragon Leaping and executing with 2h my unsuspected target.
    Do you know why this place is called a forum?
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on June 29, 2017 12:25PM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes/yes, but
    Kas wrote: »
    Nah, I think their strength is kinda needed in order to:

1) counter defensive effects that kick in at low life (healing ward, troll king, warden major mending, ...) in pvp
    2) make them viable in pve. several build are (or have been) in fashion that do not slot an execute ability that is theoretically available simply because another "passive thing" (e.g. inner light) just gives more damage overall

Additionally, they make decent lifepools more viable because they extend the potential burst of many builds without giving them abilities that are totally overboard on their own

@Kas
    1) please visit the other 2 Polls in relation to ESO combat
    2)PvE:
    i) it's very easy
    ii)in PvE people don't use them to execute, they use them because of the bonus damage. I want to make them true execute skills
    iii)Challenges in PvE due to loss of dps can be addressed by the Developers by lowering mobs/bosses HP in order to achieve desired balance. The game should be seen EITHER as separate PvP+PvE or as a whole in which balance should be achieved for THE WHOLE GAME. PvP improvements are more complex and they should be the first to be considered. PvE can be balanced with simple deductions or increases in numbers.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes/yes, but
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I think they've done enough nerfing! Seems like every time someone gets killed by a skill, they want it nerfed. Learn how to counter the skills that kill you.

@Hippie4927
    Nerfing? It's called checks and balances.
    L2P? What a useless input in the discussion of ESO combat.
    You had your vote and gave us your opinion. Further non constructive comments like L2P without adding to the conversation will be flagged.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No because
    Execute range window is already very small considering it doesn't take much to heal yourself out of that window.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes/yes, but
    Danksta wrote: »
    Execute range window is already very small considering it doesn't take much to heal yourself out of that window.

@Danksta please visit the related #1 Poll about healing

• soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    No because
    people asking for nerfs be like:

NERFS!!!

130704041642-sesame-street-muppet-cookie-monster-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• Insanepirate01
    Insanepirate01
    ✭✭✭
    Yes/yes, but
    Yes because I'm a Magdk lol
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No because
    no more nerfs!!!! buff the other skills!!!
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No because
    I don't really see an issue with how executes work now, would love for my magicka DK to have access to an execute though.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suppose it would be nice to see the scoring system tweaked in battlegrounds so it doesn't favor ranged executes. Maybe kill awarded to whoever did the most total damage to that player?
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because
    I suppose it would be nice to see the scoring system tweaked in battlegrounds so it doesn't favor ranged executes. Maybe kill awarded to whoever did the most total damage to that player?

Nerf less things.

And yes, they need to adjust scoring - include point to team for most damage, and a point to team for the KB. Then adjust the needed score to win appropriately for deathmatch.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because
    Yes because I'm a Magdk lol

haha :smile:
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because
    I can see this as a nerf sorc thread already. Jesus beam is usually only a problem when you are getting zerged down anyway and really you shouldn't be able to survive long against 10 people wailing away on you unless you are a really good tank.

Fury is pretty strong when preloaded, but honestly most of my kills with it occur when I cast on targets that are already low health. Half the time when facing squishy targets my other attacks actually get the killing blow because the damage takes my target from say 30% to dead. AKA 10k+ cfrag or meteor. Maybe it seems unfair to non-sorcs, but I can tell you it's not quite the "i win" button that the forums make it out to be.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never liked the whole concept of executes in MMOs with PvP. But I see how they are required in a game where everybody can heal.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because
    In PvP execution time on a player is short. In PvE players do not just spam their execute ability. They keep their dots up and also do light attacks when refreshing dots. Further, one execute ability is used only every 10 seconds. It is certainly not spammed. (Poison Injection) DW has execute kinda build in through passives.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because
    Don't get the need for these suggestions, and certainly don't like them.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes/yes, but
    Execution abilities should be reworked in such a way that players would not want to use them on targets who are not in execute range under any circumstances.

They should reward situational awareness and fast reactions when you use it on someone actually executable, not allow a spam on a fully healthy player hoping for the best.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because
    Even if executes are overperforming, which they don't seem to be. A weird combo system is clearly not the answer.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on July 5, 2017 2:15PM
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No because
    giphy.gif
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because
    Most executioner starts working effectivness with less then 20% life.. They are really effective with only less then 10% life.. When you dropped to just 10% life, you did allready some mistakes before in that fight.. Its just fair to get killed from an executioner then! >:)
    Edited by DeHei on July 6, 2017 5:54PM
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    No because
    Becaue that would defeat the whole purpose of an execute lol. Dumb idea sorry :) Thx for trying tho we need more ppl to get out ideas eventhough they might be dumb
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes/yes, but

Dr.NRG wrote: »
    Becaue that would defeat the whole purpose of an execute lol. Dumb idea sorry :) Thx for trying tho we need more ppl to get out ideas eventhough they might be dumb
    Ty! Love your manners :)