Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing Tricks, what are yours

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ixie wrote: »
    my fireplace in Tel Galen, Redguard Counter, Grill, turned on it's side, with 3 Nord Shelf, Braced, over

9qdTwBM.jpg

Omg, that reminds me of the gas fire I had in my very first bedsit after leaving home!! :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Coat of Arms: I flipped the lord warden trophy around to show the plain wooden side, and put my crossed axes on it.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tapestries and rugs for walls. It doesn't even bother me that they float -- I just assume that the wires or ropes holding them up are invisible in the dim lighting conditions....
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Haruspex
    Haruspex
    ✭✭✭
    I've used planks to make a large two story deck and argonian reed tents and canopies to cover the top one.

I have also used orcish bars to cap the front of a second story area to make it look more finished, it really looks great with structures that have dark wood already.

I've built my own fireplaces with stones and statue bases because Daggerfall Overlook does not have any, unfortunately.

I have censors or incense placed in areas that I want smoke. For example, you can put them in fireplaces, use them to make a hot springs, or place them inside furniture items to make them look active/animated (e.g., trophies and pvp ballista figureheads). I've even used a censor in the Vvardenfell Scale Model volcano (thanks for the idea, @Livvy!)

Additionally, cages make great bank vaults and the achievement item Serien's Stand makes a nice coffin stand or fireplace chimney.
    Edited by Haruspex on July 19, 2017 1:03PM
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    329y8e94vbti.jpg

This is my day at the beach, complete with friends going for a little bit of fun. Who knew a feather bin full of air would make a nice raft for some tubing off the island coast?
    Edited by Sticky_Paws on July 25, 2017 6:47AM
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    Sleek creek waterfall and lush oasis.

u5e31ogofoem.png
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So today I decided to try out some of the awesome ideas from this thread........

Mostly involving burying things in other things, plus I have an unhealthy addiction to lighting/flames........

I started small, a burning urn ........

FBbWBYs.jpg

Then I set fire to my spare flesh Atronach parts and added a blue glow to two of my statues on the roof.........

zoDiPkK.jpg

Oh and a trick I hadn't mentioned......

Using Banners as blackout curtains :)

vCFuwVR.jpg

P.S. The skelly's fine........ just a touch of stomach ache! >:)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleek creek waterfall and lush oasis.

u5e31ogofoem.png

Awesome job on that waterfall. <3
    I was planning on making one myself in a different house also using skyshards but I'm waiting on some of the new items to come out with next patch, they will really help make it look even more real :D
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using Wall Sconces to illuminate an otherwise dim "Cooking Fire"
    gardner_house_kitchen_04.png

Hiding Meridia Lights and that Red one...(forget what its called) "inside" coffins to add ambient lighting.
    Screenshot_20170717_031207.png

Using Assistants, Tables, a rug, and other furniture to obscure the entrance to the lower floor.
    Screenshot_20170729_230056.png

Using Orcish Platform Blocks and Rough Block, Stone Sections to create "False" Walls.
    Screenshot_20170729_230130.png

Using Carpets (Old Trick) to cover for the rather ugly missing textures of said Platform Blocks
    Screenshot_20170729_230201.png

The result is a "Hidden" Room in the Gardner House which is completely obscured by the aforementioned false wall
    Screenshot_20170729_230952.png
    Screenshot_20170729_231018.png
    Screenshot_20170729_231058.png

Using Veiled Crystals hidden inside objects to bring a more "Golden" light to Gold-Coin/Treasure decor
    Screenshot_20170729_230250.png

Using Rugs and Signs to "hide" rooms in Daggerfall Castle
    Daggerfall%20Castle_15.png

Creating a "Grotto" to make use of the space outside Daggerfall castle, reached by the "dungeon" trap-door
    Daggerfall%20Castle_49.png
    Screenshot_20170707_035552.png
    Screenshot_20170707_035739.png
    Screenshot_20170707_035527.png
    Screenshot_20170707_035324.png
    Screenshot_20170707_035246.png
    Edited by OmniDo on August 2, 2017 10:04PM
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing also to note:
    Too many animated light sources; candles, sconces, fire-lights of all kinds, can sometimes glitch out, resulting in the lighting working but their "fires" missing until turned off and back on again.

This appears to be a client-side rendering problem which I havent quite determined the boundaries for.
    Some guests say it renders just fine, others say the "fires" are missing from various light sources, though which sources display their animated fires do not appear to be consistent between clients.