The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Housing Wishlist

Sigtric
Sigtric
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Now that we have a sub for housing specifically, I figured it might be nice to try to keep a running wish list, for things wanted in the housing system. I'll start with a few of mine/common ones out there and then will edit OP as we go to keep a list at the top as people add more suggestions below.
  • Higher item limit
  • More visitors allowed concurrently
  • Weapon/Armor stands
  • Ability to allow people to travel to other houses than just your primary
  • Actual guild hall functionality
  • Letting select friends place items with a 'return to owner' option for the homeowner to remove
  • Storage
  • Free teleport out of property
  • Stairs that are one item
  • Display our alt toons using emotes or personalities
  • Bathtubs with water in them
  • More NPCs
  • Larger wall/floor items that cover more space than using blocks and planks, stairs, more construction items
  • Fireplaces
  • grass/ground cover
  • fishing puddle
  • writ boards
  • better control of ambient lighting/lightswitch
  • Planters/pots with dirt in them/dirt to cover paved areas to turn into garden
  • Guild banners
  • Hay bails/piles for stables
  • NPCs and Pets moving around
  • Tombstones/Grave holes
  • Item scaling
  • Visitor signature/ log book
  • Smoke/steam from skooma bubbler
  • placeable walls
Edited by Sigtric on July 24, 2017 4:10PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
[/center]
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ability to teleport back out again free.
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stairs that are one item instead of stacking which uses up slots.

Display our alt toons using emotes or personalities

Bathtubs with water in them
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on July 14, 2017 9:06PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    More NPCs! Like bards and guards to fill up my island. Displaying your other characters might be able to do some of this, but I'd prefer to have both availible.
    Options
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proper wall and floor items in the construction section, so that we don't have to use gazillions of stone blocks and planks/platforms.
    Options
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And fireplaces. Same reason.
    Options
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walls, floors, stairs and other construction pieces. <3
    Options
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some sort of tidy grass-like ground cover to hide all the scrub and weeds in more formal gardens.

More flowers. Lots more flowers.
    Options
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Houses we can design and set up ourselves, for a price of course.

What I mean is basically the DLC from Skyrim but in a blank plane of Oblivion for us to play with as we like. We can change the plane itself to make it look like a cave, a desert, a jungle, snow covered mountains, etc. We can start with a small home in the style of one of the 10 races and can add on wings and floors or upgade to look more like the medium and large homes.

Many NPC houses in the world looks the same with slight differences like more or less floors, extra wings and walls, etc. being able to do the same with a house would be awesome. though understandably cost a pretty penny.....septim.......gold piece.....crowns........whatever
    Options
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. fishy puddles - a place to fish in your home
    2. writ boards - pick up daily crafting writs
    3. zone chat - a way of choosing an overland zone chat you want to join
    4. interior ambient light - some way of increasing or decreasing the ambient light inside the home
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
    Options
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bathtubs with water in them

@ZOS_GinaBruno - could the dev team use the same animation code for lighting to create an on/off state for water-holding items? No animation of the item filing, just use that programming to allow the user to flip between tub empty and tub full?
    Options
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Now that we have a sub for housing specifically, I figured it might be nice to try to keep a running wish list, for things wanted in the housing system. I'll start with a few of mine/common ones out there and then will edit OP as we go to keep a list at the top as people add more suggestions below.
      [*] Higher item limit
      [*] More visitors allowed concurrently
      [*] Weapon/Armor stands
      [*] Ability to allow people to travel to other houses than just your primary
      [*] Actual guild hall functionality
      [*] Letting select friends place items with a 'return to owner' option for the homeowner to remove
      [*] Storage
      [*] Free teleport out of property
      [*] Stairs that are one item
      [*] Display our alt toons using emotes or personalities
      [*] Bathtubs with water in them

Awesome list! Priority for the bolded first and foremost please!
      PC EU
      Fix Powerful Assault
      #3Qbiken
      Options
    • Cynnalia
      Cynnalia
      ✭✭✭
      Planters and pots that have "dirt" in them. I love to place lots of ferns and other greenery indoors, but using various hangers and pots looks a little weird because the stems of the plants are sticking into empty space.

I'd also like a swath of dirt to lay on the ground to change a paved area into another place to plant a garden.
      NA PS4 Daggerfall Covenant Characters -- CP 755

Sulin Shadowdancer -- Redguard Nightblade -- Dragonstar Arena Champion, General Executioner, Tamriel Hero
      Ysorya Traven - Breton Sorcerer -- Monster Hunter, Master Angler, Explorer, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Tamriel Hero
      Eriah A'kiranya-- Redguard Dragon Knight, tank
      Sybilline Travadon -- Altmer Templar -- Maelstrom Arena Champion
      At-Sixes-and-Sevens -- Argonian Templar, healer
      Mercurial Malice -- Dunmer Nightblade
      Fern Gullie -- Bosmer Warden, level 45
      Ghareshi-ri - Khajiit, Necromancer, level 9
      Options
    • lasertooth
      lasertooth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      A large dueling pad/surface that can be placed anywhere and it acts like a floor, so you can duel and not fall through it like the other objects in the game
      Lasertooth
      GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
      Xbox/NA
      Options
    • Bc_bmx
      Bc_bmx
      ✭✭✭
      An easy way to turn lights on or off from housing editor.(light switch)
      Options
    • RANKK7
      RANKK7
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      • Increase items slots
      • Storage

That's all. I don't even care about fancy ideas if the items slots number don't get increased.
      Storage would make houses useful, great incentive to buy more, would attract even players who don't care atm about housing.
      lll
      "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
      lll
      Options
    • Aurie
      Aurie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Increase item slots!!!

Then we can think about all the other good stuff.
      Options
    • O_LYKOS
      O_LYKOS
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      More item slots, free travel out/wayshrine. heavy sacks.
      PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
      Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
      Options
    • Sigtric
      Sigtric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      list has been updated

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
      Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
      [/center]
      Options
    • Kr3do
      Kr3do
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Guild Banners.
      They would basically work the same as guild tabards.
      Options
    • Nordic_Pirate
      Nordic_Pirate
      ✭✭✭✭
      - Interactive armor mannequins to display gear sets instead of fishing around for them in the bank

- Increased item limit (which is universal but I need to put it here in case ZOS reads this)

- Bards. Houses are quiet...too quiet sometimes, especially in the bar in my upstairs loft in the chateau

- Being able to ride your mount on property

- Pathing NPCs/mounts where you can make them walk around just a little, limit to like, 20m

- Book sets coming as one item instead of multiple taking up a ton of item slots

- Nodes of all sorts including fishing (if you have water property)

- Wayshrines or a free port

- Personal vendors (i.e. like a guild store, but only you can sell at it (really only want this because I want to create an outdoor Bazarr at my house and that'd bring it full circle))

- More NPC's, like clothier, carpenters, etc

- Preventing guests from shutting off all of my lights (I have a lot and my friends are buttholes)

- Guild NPCs that you can send out similar to hirelings but they return in 24 hours with some random goodies related to each respective guild
      Yes, I do heartily repent. I repent I had not done more mischief; and that we did not cut the throats of them that took us, and I am extremely sorry that you aren't hanged as well as we.

— Anonymous pirate, asked on the gallows if he repented.
      Options
    • TBois
      TBois
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ability to be placed back into your home after finishing a battleground. I queue in my home and then after it puts me back where I was before I was in my house.
      Current Guilds: Fantasia
      Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
      T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
      An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
      Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
      Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
      Options
    • eirinnpryderi
      eirinnpryderi
      ✭✭✭
      Alchemy mats planter and food stuff planters (basically the ability to build a working farm), they could be harvested once per real life day or 20hs like the horses training, but only Yielding the same than a regular node (so it doesnt break economy)
      Options
    • ProfesseurFreder
      ProfesseurFreder
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Playable card games!
      "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
      -- William Faulkner.
      Options
    • SydneyGrey
      SydneyGrey
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      My top wishes:

1. Chests that can really store inventory items.
      2. Weapon racks that work.
      3. Gardens for the home that you can plant

All of these were in Skyrim, btw. :)
      Options
    • Zypheran
      Zypheran
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Please please please
      More construction items
      Walls - floors - better quality planks - STAIRS!!!
      I'm sick of using orcish platforms and crappy rough planks to build things.
      I cant fathom how these items aren't already available given that the resources already exist and its blatantly obvious that there is a good market amongst players who like making creative housing designs
      All my housing builds are available on YouTube
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
      I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
      Options
    • Jaeysa
      Jaeysa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Construction materials and also the ability to tear down a house so you can just have the land.
      PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
      Options
    • PC0523
      PC0523
      ✭✭✭
      - Preventing guests from shutting off all of my lights (I have a lot and my friends are buttholes)

Yes this please, or a master light switch.
      Edited by PC0523 on July 18, 2017 3:49PM
      Options
    • Stopnaggin
      Stopnaggin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      RANKK7 wrote: »
      • Increase items slots
      • Storage

That's all. I don't even care about fancy ideas if the items slots number don't get increased.
      Storage would make houses useful, great incentive to buy more, would attract even players who don't care atm about housing.

What happens when the number of stored item's counts against the item limit? There are enough storage options that can be made use of already, imho. Now that being said, I would like items to show of my armor sets and such. But with that needs to come the higher item limits.

Actual fishing spots.
      An oven (like the Redguard ovens)
      A better object placement UI
      More functional building materials - I hate that I can't build a dueling arena off the ground because all ground based dots fall through my floor.
      Bookcases that fit the books from Shalidors library.
      Options
    • MLGProPlayer
      MLGProPlayer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Can we also get hay?

Every stable in the game has it. Housing stables look empty without it. I use the hay bed and the nord cart as a substitute, but it's not the same as having an actual pile of hay.
      Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 21, 2017 4:23AM
      Options
    • Marabornwingrion
      Marabornwingrion
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I want to see my pets and mounts walking around in my house/garden, not just stand in one spot like statues.
      Options