The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Housing Wishlist

• Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Floor coverings (e.g. rugs, carpets, mats, etc.) that clip any surface they are set upon, providing a new "smart" top for dueling or placing other player interactable items on top of, so chairs, crafting stations, bankers, don't have to be sunk into the floor covering in order to use them.

Grouping of items.

Tombstones. (My Stam DK lived a good life until he took an arrow to the knee)

Grave holes. (If my Mag DK doesn't improve...)

The ability to scale some items:
    • planks
    • statues
    • stained glass windows you purchase from the vendor that really don't fit anywhere.

The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    • Increase items slots
    • Storage

That's all. I don't even care about fancy ideas if the items slots number don't get increased.
    Storage would make houses useful, great incentive to buy more, would attract even players who don't care atm about housing.

What happens when the number of stored item's counts against the item limit?

Why should that happen? The stored items are references added inside other references (containers), they would not stress the rendering which I guess is the reason why they are reluctant to increase slot number because consoles.
    The storage wouldn't be a problem about that. Those items in short are non existent, it's not about world models with diffuse, alpha and normals, all the maps could have plus collision and markers.
    Storage it's a completely different thing and differently handled by the engine, there is no reason they should count against slot items, it's absurd. Don't worry about this.

Edited by RANKK7 on July 22, 2017 6:11PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭
    What would be awesome is if grass would grow longer and thicker outside your house while you're away or offline. Imagine having like a spooky wizard laboratory hidden in thick brush that you wouldn't need housing slots to accomplish. Pull out your good ol' fashion medieval lawnmower and trim it back down to its original size.
    Or a paint tool where you can write and draw stuff in your house. I'd love a red paint can or something to spill on my the floor of my torture room and mimic the blood of my victims.
    And so, Akatosh revealed himself to a young Gaben, and granted him purpose.
    "Grant them Steam sales," he commanded.
    And obey, he did.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it would be nice if there wasn't any grass or scrub at all outside.

It does nothing for the general decor of homes' grounds. It looks untidy and patchy at best, and interferes greatly with placing items and ground cover as it pokes out above anything you place which isn't substantial, like a rock for instance, and ruins the look.

Far better to leave it to players to do their own gardening. What would be useful to craft or buy is some proper ground cover such as customisable areas of lawn and paving. I've tried using large hedges turned on their side and lowered into the ground, but it's difficult to achieve a decent effect.

Maybe @ZOS can think about this?
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    I would love any and all of these additions mentioned as well as a way to show to the owners that you have visited their home, maybe a book of some sort you can sign, or write a little note in.
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    daedric styled war table.....pretty please :#
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit would be really happy it her Khajiit skooma bubbler would also release some smoke when used. Everywhere she saw people smoking it, but this bubbler that this one has in her house seems to be broken.

With bubbles, but no smoke
    Maoimii
  • PC0523
    PC0523
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Khajiit would be really happy it her Khajiit skooma bubbler would also release some smoke when used. Everywhere she saw people smoking it, but this bubbler that this one has in her house seems to be broken.

You can hide some incense inside the bubbler to produce this effect. The incense stick hides nicely, but the smoke may seep into the second floor of your house (if applicable).

I have my "skooma room" on the first floor so I opted for what looks like a little can of incense. It doesn't hide quite as well as the incense stick, but the smoke stops a little bit above the bubbler and is contained within the "skooma room."

Though an Activate feature to make it smoke would be pretty cool!
    Edited by PC0523 on July 24, 2017 2:13PM
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asked for it before on another thread, but will repeat here, because I think it's a big one:

place-able WALL PANELS

... in various styles, so that we can break down large chambers (of which the Tamriel housing has MANY) into smaller rooms, without having to use tons of item slots by building them out of blocks... which blocks also don/t usually match the style of the house.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    list updated, thanks all

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Wolfenbelle
    Wolfenbelle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sigtric, this is a great thread with excellent suggestions. Since most people have mentioned the most hoped for things already, I'm offering a quality-of-life building suggestion.

Placing objects in homes is much more difficult and clumsy than it needs to be. This is because an object to be placed attaches to the player's character. For this reason, placement is not truly dimensional, but must be within an arc/circle with the character in the center. This is an old-fashioned approach in today's digital environments.

So I wish that objects could be placed independently from the character. This would enable true up, down, left and right dimensionality. I don't mean to suggest that ESO needs complex building tools, but just simple dimensions and rotation would be great. Here is an example from Second Life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYAItoufobA
    Edited by Wolfenbelle on July 25, 2017 3:07AM
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    Bc_bmx wrote: »
    An easy way to turn lights on or off from housing editor.(light switch)

@Gina_bruno

This is a must. Please!

I hate crafting a light only to find it doesnt give off enough light for the space I want to use it within, a light switch in the housing creator secetion would be amazing. TIA!
    Edited by Sticky_Paws on July 25, 2017 6:11AM
  • Novaesi
    Novaesi
    Great post! I've revised my wishlist from a previous post and would like to share it here as well.
    • Increase decor item limits across all houses.
    • Ability to scale certain items. I love the interact-able furniture and the scale of the furniture pieces as is, but there are decor items, plants, trees that I would really appreciate an ability to scale smaller or larger.
    • More control over the camera and the toolset options for placing items and/or an ability to zoom out.
    • Allow more than one home to be visited by other players while my character is not physically there or if I am offline.
    • Remove collision from the top of the canopy beds - to be able to /sit inside it.
    • An item that removes ground foliage in a small area - would like to place a table/chairs or a rug outdoors without plants poking through.
    • Interior wall pieces that match the current homes brick walls, one style with a door way and one that is just a plain wall to insert wherever.
    • More plants and flowers.
    • More blocks and wood pieces to build with.
    • Stairs - short and long, narrow and wide types.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and... again originally posted on another thread, but as this now seems to be the default Housing Request thread it bears repeating here:

... useable beds!!!

Right now you can jump on them and type /sleep or /sleep2 -- but that doesn't work with canopy beds, which are currently useless in housing. It's nice to be able to sit on all the chairs, but we should be able to sleep in all the beds as well!
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Working Sun Dial

The game has shadows moving with the passage of "time", could we get a Sun Dial that works outdoors in the sunlight?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Akunin
    Akunin
    Housing should be able to become assigned guild halls. Even go further and make them property of the guild and not the player that created it, public owned. That would make guilds public owned too, but is that such a bad idea?

I'd gladly make my "property" guild owned. I'd give up ownership or even buy one just for that reason.

Also my house is Daggerfall Overlook. There isn't a close wayshrine (closest is north Daggerfall and east) the cost traveling out is crazy, I second making traveling from free.. or put wayshrines near all homes.
  • mingimingi
    mingimingi
    ✭✭✭
    Windows! I NEED windows. This is probably impossible to do from a programmer's standpoint, but, ugh. I love me some windows. I love them so much that I just decorate my yards instead of inside of my house. ;}
  • Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a number of things I would like, mainly for RP and immersion purposes. I came up with my list as I was decorating my current manor house.

The biggest and most important is building blocks. I would really like to be able to place custom walls (indoor and outdoor) and room dividers, stairs and staircases, and windows. I noticed that in several houses, the window placement inside does not even remotely match the outside. I would love to be able to fix this. I would like to be able to change the type of flooring in my house to better reflect my taste. After all, what point is there in being a lord, swimming in money, if you can't make periodic improvements to your house? I should like to be able to "plaster" the walls to change the colour of them, or panel them with wood. Trying to build extra rooms and staircases takes up so much valuable item slottage that could be better spent elsewhere. I want access to the interior walls for each faction. We know they exist.
    TLDR wishlist:
    Building blocks (interior and exterior)
    Interior walls
    Placeable windows
    The ability to choose flooring and wall style
    Stairs and staircases

Secondly, if you're living in a remote castle, you want to have the ability to travel there, typically by horse, right? We know that horses poop, and that we can use that poop for mulching gardens. Therefore, I'd quite like to have a compost bin...i.e., a wooden crate filled with poop and food scraps. Horses also need feeding. I would like to have hay bales (round, square, it doesn't matter) that can be obviously put in the loft of the stables so that we know the horses have food and bedding. A straw bedding without the cloth on top would also be good for bedding for the horses, and a pitchfork and shovel to be able to toss it around and clean up the horses. On the subject of horses, I'd also like to be able to remove the saddles and bridles from the horses in my home. I would never leave a horse tacked up in real life, and I went to a lot of trouble to make saddle racks in my stable...
    TLDR wishlist:
    Manure/compost bin
    Hay bales
    Strewn hay/straw
    Saddles and bridles separate from the horses
    Untacked mounts
    Pitchfork
    Shovel

Thirdly, if you're living in a smallholding, you want to be able to grow crops. To do that, you need tilled dirt. You also need good dirt if you're growing any kind of a garden, and it's not beyond the realms of imagination that a character can clear areas of stones, and break up the dirt, in order to plant. I like that the scythe is coming, and the bales of wheat, but what I'd like in addition to that are variously sized plots of "tilled dirt", i.e., that come with ridges along where you can plant rows of crops. Preferably, these plots would come in longish rows, since typically you want to be able to walk in between your crops without standing on them and it's easier to plant in long lines. For gardens, patches of dirt the same size as the "dunmer coals" would be awesome. They should probably come under "alchemy" since they're tied to cultivation and alchemy recipes seem to be few. In addition, you'd need a plough and a hoe to be able to put land under cultivation. I can live without having dirt in pots, since careful placement can disguise the lack of dirt anyway, but every holding needs somewhere to grow crops. In addition, planted versions of all the crop plants would be wonderful (i.e., small groups of these vegetables where only the tops are visible as if in the ground) - I have tried "planting" the display carrots, radishes and beets, but you just can't see them amongst the greenery...a waste of item limit. I like that you are doing this with pumpkins, but please don't forget all the others!
    TLDR wishlist:
    Garden dirt "patches"
    Tilled dirt "rows"
    Hoe
    Plough
    "Planted" versions of all vegetables

Speaking of cultivation, I can also live without being able to farm nodes in my house, but any self-respecting alchemist would at least be growing certain herbs in their home. It would be nice to see display versions of all the harvested alchemy plants that I can use in my "garden". If you're level 50 in any of the crafts, it would be nice to see display versions of all the nodes for blacksmithing, clothier, woodworking and alchemy, perhaps unlocked at the relevant vendor as you unlock that level of crafting, or the achievements for gathering a certain number of nodes. In this way, you could create mines, lumber yards, and real gardens.
    TLDR wishlist:
    crafting nodes for display

I would also like to be able to "group" sets of items that I want to place together, such as tables with tableware, rows of books etc. So many times I've accidentally clicked on a table and picked it up, and ruined 15 minutes worth of fiddling about. If this could also help to improve performance by wrapping the textures and effectively "hiding" the parts of objects that won't be seen, so much the better!
    PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new Nibineese manor uses large stone platform sections with rounded edges. You can see these resources around the actual house. Can we please have them made available to be purchased or crafted. They would be very useful where so much of the landscape in these houses is unusable, uneven or covered in patchy grass/weeds.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • PC0523
    PC0523
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be great if dueling worked on custom built structures and surfaces.
    Edited by PC0523 on August 4, 2017 5:13PM
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

With bubbles, but no smoke
    Maoimii

Bump
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • cckat26b14_ESO
    cckat26b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I wish eso delvs would just go look at eq2 and there housing system. In my opinion the best system out there. It also seems to be a money maker for them too... so players win, company wins.