Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming nerf to Amaya Lake Lodge?

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Now this is just ridiculous. :(

Agree, but probably more ridiculous will be thier explanation.

In Earthtear Cavern thread Gina said that fixes to all currently bugged homes like Mathiisen Manor, Hunding's Palatial Hall etc will come in Update 15. Now I'm afraid that for fix to Amaya Lake Lodge I will need to wait until Update 16 :(

Agreed.

@ZOS_RichLambert WAKE UP THE DAMN HOUSING ART TEAM, or whoever does this crap and tell them to stop making changes. Or at least, tell Gina so she gets them in the update notes, which really wont make those who buy crowns to buy these houses any happier..

Or, is Zenimax telling players, yeah.. "We want to *** of the whales who buy our most expensive houses for cash."?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • xerikos
    xerikos
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope it won't be changed, but honestly if it does come out, it's not the end of the world or anything [...]
    Has anyone here ever owned (or lived in) a real-life house? Things change. Things break. Things disappear. In real life we can't even report it to a Higher Power and hope that God Magically Fixes It for us.

If the planter disappears, I will put a pot in there and call it day.

You're very optimistic, and that's good for you, but things in real-life houses don't break or disappear the way they do in ESO despite what you say. Even when this is just a game, people are still spending quite a wealth in ingame gold (that comes from long hours of gameplay and efforts)and real-life money (crowns) to buy those products, and liking them as they were "advertised", just to find out a month later that the house they bought and probably decorated to the fullest no longer looks as it was intended, overnight.

If it were a single case in a single home, then it would be "fine" (only if you don't own or don't enjoy the house as much as others do), but it's been happening "consistently" for quite some time. It seems every single update brings a broken house with it, along with a growing list of dissatisfied customers that aren't happy with the bugs anymore.

The problem I would guess is developers aren't aware when they break something (which is a shame), because if they did a fix would surely be included in next week's patch. As they keep adding more content, and using pre-existing content as templates, and then changing textures to give the impression of "new content", things will keep breaking on and on until they start designing original objects for whatever new content they want to bring to the game.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You moved my thread to the new housing category, but I'm still waiting since 3 days for response. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Intended feature or a bug?
    Will this change go to live server or no?

(thanks @aliyavana for bumping :smiley: )
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's a bug, really annoying that they keep changing houses without saying a word :(
    Edited by Anne_Firehawk on July 15, 2017 7:11AM
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually prefer the now uncluttered beach at Hundings, so a few pebbles and bits of seaweed vanishing doesn't worry me at all.

But I do feel for those owners of Earthtear Cavern who lost whole areas which they had spent time and effort developing.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You moved my thread to the new housing category, but I'm still waiting since 3 days for response. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Intended feature or a bug?
    Will this change go to live server or no?

Day 4.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still a problem
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    SH*T like this is why I won't ever touch this games housing system. It's overpriced and lackluster at best but seeing this kind of crap being pulled now too makes me glad I didn't invest at all in housing.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've asked a simple question, is my thread invisible for devs eyes? @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an owner of Earthtear Cavern you have my sympathy. I personally like the look without the box, but I don't own this house so I don't have much of a say. Since it appears that the planter is in the coding they should offer it as a free piece, that way you can put it back or take it out as you see fit. Changes to housing shouldn't be made unless the customers are made aware. Keep at em, it worked for the cavern. Best of luck to you.
  • xerikos
    xerikos
    ✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    Since it appears that the planter is in the coding they should offer it as a free piece, that way you can put it back or take it out as you see fit.
    Interesting proposition. I would +1 that. It would be a good time to add planters with soil as new furniture as well (instead of the empty vases and whatnot even devs have been using since forever.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol this thread.
    You all complaining about some missing planter while nobody notices you literally do not have Red Mountain in the background.

... unless I alone suffer this bug
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Lol this thread.
    You all complaining about some missing planter while nobody notices you literally do not have Red Mountain in the background.

What the heck are you on about

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • xerikos
    xerikos
    ✭✭✭
    Lol this thread.

Nobody has been missing that (perhaps), except you, but good point. Time to add it to the list of bugs then. (It was added to Tel Galen, though).

• Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    Since it appears that the planter is in the coding they should offer it as a free piece, that way you can put it back or take it out as you see fit.

Agree. Option to purchase for free 1 planter from crown store (for all Amaya Lake Lodge owners) could solve the problem.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol this thread.

Nevermind, you're actually right.
    View from house:
    M2rc3lq.jpg
    View from outside the house:
    NgD54Ff.jpg

lol Zenimax wtf?
    Edited by Marabornwingrion on July 19, 2017 7:30AM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol this thread.

View from house:
    M2rc3lq.jpg
    NgD54Ff.jpg

lol Zenimax wtf?

Finally someone else. I brought it up several times in zone chat, people always thought I was crazy but they never really replied in a way that made me sure they actually looked and not just dismissed me right away...

(also made bug report obviously, but those take some time)
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol this thread.

View from house:
    M2rc3lq.jpg
    NgD54Ff.jpg

lol Zenimax wtf?

Brutal
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    /bug /unintended
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So anybody here who actually can see Red Mountain? :D Because it would be funny (at least for me) if it affected most/all and nobody noticed it...
    I go there just to test DPS on skeleton, if I cared about making it cozy and Morrowind-like pretty I would be pretty mad
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, wanted to touch on the issues mentioned in this thread.

First, the planter. This was actually never supposed to go live in the house where it was placed, which is why console players don't even have the planter to begin with; it was only seen on PC. This was a very nice planter, though, so we're figuring out a way to provide the planter as a furnishing for those that previously had it. Details to come as we're still working everything out, but expect to have this back one way or another.

As for Red Mountain, this was never viewable from the home and wasn't a change that was recently made. We'll see if we're able to add this to the distance, but there are a lot of variables that go into what can be viewed from homes.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

First, the planter. This was actually never supposed to go live in the house where it was placed, which is why console players don't even have the planter to begin with; it was only seen on PC. This was a very nice planter, though, so we're figuring out a way to provide the planter as a furnishing for those that previously had it. Details to come as we're still working everything out, but expect to have this back one way or another.

As for Red Mountain, this was never viewable from the home and wasn't a change that was recently made. We'll see if we're able to add this to the distance, but there are a lot of variables that go into what can be viewed from homes.

Is this the new marketing plan. Put something in the houses that wasn't "supposed" to be there then remove it. Only to sell it back to the person who already bought it. Same with Hundings Palatial Hall.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Koolio wrote: »

Is this the new marketing plan. Put something in the houses that wasn't "supposed" to be there then remove it. Only to sell it back to the person who already bought it. Same with Hundings Palatial Hall.

We wouldn't sell it to those that previously had it - we would give it to them.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • eirinnpryderi
    eirinnpryderi
    ✭✭✭

Hopefully it wont be for crowns, of if its for crowns just like 50 crowns each planter
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully it wont be for crowns, of if its for crowns just like 50 crowns each planter

Did you even read the post you quoted?
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 20, 2017 9:50PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I am ok with this. And with buying MORE planters! I was disappointed to find that I couldn't have indoor planters like so many NPC buildings, now I can! B)
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am ok with this. And with buying MORE planters! I was disappointed to find that I couldn't have indoor planters like so many NPC buildings, now I can! B)

I've seen some people made out of other things that look absolutely amazing. Sink a barrel or a crate in the ground and it gives a pretty cool effect.