Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming nerf to Amaya Lake Lodge?

• Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow they really need to stop doing these things - I have spent loads of crowns on houses and I find this kind of thing irritating:/
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aimora wrote: »
    Wow they really need to stop doing these things - I have spent loads of crowns on houses and I find this kind of thing irritating:/

Agreed
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they removed pedestals overlooking the sea in the breton castle alrdy without a word, had statues on el and now they are floating. who knows wtf is going on at zenimax maybe it was intentional maybe they feel telling ppl will just make em mad so trying to keep it quiets the best option?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Why do houses get touched at all after the fact? This is ridiculous.

The houses use standard brushes that pop up elsewhere in the game. Changes to those brushes apparently cause changes to every instance in game. Which, honestly, doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I've seen stranger things, so, whatever.

Somewhere, a planter, using that stair configuration, was causing problems, so they closed it off, and it affects the house. Probably the same story with Earthtear. Someone was getting outside the map with it, and "oops, better fix that." Followed with, "but why has my bathroom been bricked up!?"

I'm guessing. But, given that the fix to Mathiisen Manor was also a fix for all high elf buildings, it's a reasonable one.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Still waiting for response if my planter will be removed in next update with no reason.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    read the 1st few posts - bot triggered by peoples bad reading comprehension.... and people get angry with me the welsh dyslexic because i spell bad! LOL
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This must be a PC issue. Console has NEVER had a planting box right there. I own the house on PS4 and never seen a planting box there.

Which is why I was so confused with this thread.
    Edited by andreasranasen on July 13, 2017 5:44AM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This must be a PC issue. Console has NEVER had a planting box right there. I own the house on PS4 and never seen a planting box there.

Wow, that's interesting. Planting box on PC was there since Morrowind closed beta launched, and then also on Live server.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

Wow, that's interesting. Planting box on PC was there since Morrowind closed beta launched, and then also on Live server.

I actually never seen planting boxes on PS4 at all :/ Maybe they're PC exclusive? I just know I never seen the boxes you showed in your picture
    Edited by andreasranasen on July 13, 2017 5:49AM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here we go again - does it still have windows or have they been bricked over? And other items removed?

Seems they actively want us to stop buying these things?

Which given they are previewing a large and, no doubt, costly house in Falkreath to cash in on the Skyrim set just makes no sense at all - after Hundings-gate, Mathiesen-window and Earthtear fiasco and now this silliness who's going to trust that what they buy will be what they get... or what they have a month after they buy...
    Edited by Tavore1138 on July 13, 2017 6:43AM
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Response please @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Is this intentional or is this a bug in the making?
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no missing thing in Ba Sing Se.
    The earth-king has invited you to Lake .. uhh.. Lodge.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS stop nerfing houses please. :(
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    Here we go again - does it still have windows or have they been bricked over? And other items removed?

I checked everything on PTS (walls, floors, windows, garden) and it seems that this is the only one missing item.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now this is just ridiculous. :(
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now this is just ridiculous. :(

Agree, but probably more ridiculous will be thier explanation.

In Earthtear Cavern thread Gina said that fixes to all currently bugged homes like Mathiisen Manor, Hunding's Palatial Hall etc will come in Update 15. Now I'm afraid that for fix to Amaya Lake Lodge I will need to wait until Update 16 :(
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how you get people to stop spending crowns on housing.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they removed pedestals overlooking the sea in the breton castle alrdy without a word, had statues on el and now they are floating. who knows wtf is going on at zenimax maybe it was intentional maybe they feel telling ppl will just make em mad so trying to keep it quiets the best option?

You have a screenshot of this change?

That's 4 houses they've broken now (Mathiisen, Hundings, Earthtear, and Daggerfall), and 5 if the changes in the OP go live.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    hi

Hi. :)
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno still waiting for response.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • misfitmanic
    misfitmanic
    ✭✭✭

You have a screenshot of this change?

That's 4 houses they've broken now (Mathiisen, Hundings, Earthtear, and Daggerfall), and 5 if the changes in the OP go live.

I am still sadly missing my brick walls in the courtyard of Stay-Moist Mansion, the house I bought with crowns. My trophy collection was left suspended in mid air, along with my pesky black goat, when the walls were unceremoniously removed. I left them all floating there for a week until I realized it was not just a bug...
    So add the Argonian love palace to the list of homes being altered after purchase.
    That said, I still love the place and after hours of redecoration, the courtyard is looking better than ever.
    imgur.com/a/rBCgb
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

That might at least explain why it's not there now. Hopefully they will at least be able to provide it as a furnishing so you can still have a planter there.

I'm not sure if anyone's responded regarding the pedestals at Daggerfall Overlook (this is the first I've heard of it), but since Gina said:
    We had some internal issues that caused these changes to slip through our normal processes that are intended to keep houses and housing items as close as possible to the original when we have to fix housing-related problems. Obviously if a bug pops up, if it starts raining inside your house for example, that’s a problem and we will fix it. In general, though, your house should not functionally change as a result.
    it seems houses are not supposed to have functional changes like this. So keep reporting them, and they should fix them one way or another. Again, even if they can't bring back the static fixtures for whatever reason, they should still hopefully be able to provide the pedestals as furnishings so they can be put back in place.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to my Amaya Lodge for the first time in a week or so (not playing that character at the moment) and finally saw the planter for the first time -- honestly never noticed it before. Now that I see it, I like it a lot, and will use it if it stays.

I do hope it won't be changed, but honestly if it does come out, it's not the end of the world or anything.

The OP is absolutely right to point it out and report it and to expect an answer from ZOS, but if it does get changed it's not worth having a bird over.

Has anyone here ever owned (or lived in) a real-life house? Things change. Things break. Things disappear. In real life we can't even report it to a Higher Power and hope that God Magically Fixes It for us.

If the planter disappears, I will put a pot in there and call it day.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the planter disappears, I will put a pot in there and call it day.

If planters like this could be craftable or purchasable from NPCs I wouldn't have a problem with it. But the thing is that this planter is a part of the house, I can't craft it, I can't buy it so if they will remove it I won't be able to put another one there.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life isn't perfect!

*IF* it happens -- and it hasn't even HAPPENED yet, let's make that clear, we're literally talking about maybes -- put a damn pot in there and get over it!
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life isn't perfect!

*IF* it happens -- and it hasn't even HAPPENED yet, let's make that clear, we're literally talking about maybes -- put a damn pot in there and get over it!

This planter uses a unique model, and many ppl used irl money to buy it how it is now in live
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 14, 2017 4:42PM
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope it gets fixed to its original state when you purchased it.

ZoS have shown that they are unaware of changes they are making affecting other things. Expect this to happen to more houses and remember, you have 0 recompense if they deleted that house.