The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 Pro Enhanced Mode still not working?

Aronne1979
Aronne1979
Soul Shriven
I have just bought a PS4 Pro exclusively for TESO, so I can play with better graphics and fps. I have a 1080p TV and the game does not run on the enhanced 1080p mode and there is no way to enable it at the video menu even though ZOS told us that "If you play ESO on PlayStation®4 Pro with a 1080p HD television, you will experience increased graphical fidelity". I know that there is a way to play on enhanced settings on a 1080p display, but you're going to need access to a 4k TV for that. PS4 Pro with 1080p screens should run TESO with enhanced graphics by default as promised and I'm not going to buy a 4k TV for $600 so I can play on 1080p. It is extremely upsetting.

Can somebody tag Gina or someone, I don't really post in forums.
  • psytic
    psytic
    ✭✭
    Edited by psytic on June 13, 2017 7:45AM
  • Evgenius_Taurus
    Evgenius_Taurus
    Soul Shriven
    I agree. As far as I know, we were promised enhanced graphics with 1080p screens, but the only option now is to connect your ps4 pro to some 4K screen, enable enhanced 1080p mode from there and then switch back to 1080p screen, which is weird to say the least. I play in 1080p only and want to enable enhanced mode on my screen.

Dear ZOS, can you please give us some feedback on this matter? Will we have this fixed and when?
    Edited by Evgenius_Taurus on June 13, 2017 12:34PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It seems the slider for 1080p enhanced was for if you have problems with 4k. It may have something to do with video captures or other reasons. I got the pro and 4k tv for reasons like yours. I'm kind of stuck with it now, not a bad thing really. And the family gets their big tv back.
  • Aronne1979
    Aronne1979
    Soul Shriven
    The problem is that the game is set to the "4K" mode on the PS4 Pro by default in the settings menu. So, all they need to do really is to either change 1080p enhanced mode to default on the Pro since 4K users can change back to "4K" settings any time, but it does not work vice versa or just simply add the same video option in the video settings for all PS4 Pro users.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I know that you guys are busy but please let the devs know about this issue. I am sure it can be solved quite easily.
    Please give us some feedback on this matter.
  • ZachFett
    ZachFett
    Soul Shriven
    Bump.
  • mike.g4life83_ESO
    mike.g4life83_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hey any news on when zos going to patch 1080p enhanced for 1080p hdtvs because it kind of mess up we can't enjoy a 1080p enhanced graphics feature that was made for 1080p hdtvs and im not going to buy a 4ktv just to play 1080p enhanced heck why not make an 4k enhanced for 4ktvs and 1080p enhanced for 1080p hdtvs hope this is fix asap because i just got morrowind collector edition and would love to explore it with 1080p enhanced graphics zos.
  • mike.g4life83_ESO
    mike.g4life83_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Aronne1979 wrote: »
    I have just bought a PS4 Pro exclusively for TESO, so I can play with better graphics and fps. I have a 1080p TV and the game does not run on the enhanced 1080p mode and there is no way to enable it at the video menu even though ZOS told us that "If you play ESO on PlayStation®4 Pro with a 1080p HD television, you will experience increased graphical fidelity". I know that there is a way to play on enhanced settings on a 1080p display, but you're going to need access to a 4k TV for that. PS4 Pro with 1080p screens should run TESO with enhanced graphics by default as promised and I'm not going to buy a 4k TV for $600 so I can play on 1080p. It is extremely upsetting.

Can somebody tag Gina or someone, I don't really post in forums.

• mike.g4life83_ESO
    mike.g4life83_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I agree just got morrowind and would love to enjoy it with 1080p enhanced graphics on my PS4 Pro on my 1080p hdtv just imagine those amazing giant mushrooms reflection in the water hope they fix this soon because all 1080p hdtv owners are missing out on 1080p enhanced graphics and its just not right you have to have a 4ktv just to enjoy eso on your PS4 Pro.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for you to know , you are missing a fps lag also , i love go play Battlegrounds in 1080p ench but the fps is droping significantly . 4k is way better tho .
  • Dudgeon
    Dudgeon
    ✭✭
    I agree just got morrowind and would love to enjoy it with 1080p enhanced graphics on my PS4 Pro on my 1080p hdtv just imagine those amazing giant mushrooms reflection in the water hope they fix this soon because all 1080p hdtv owners are missing out on 1080p enhanced graphics and its just not right you have to have a 4ktv just to enjoy eso on your PS4 Pro.

I posted a temp fix here until ZOS gets this sorted.

Best
  • mike.g4life83_ESO
    mike.g4life83_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Ok new update out and they still didn't fix 1080p enhanced graphics for 1080p hdtvs owers why was the 1.26 update focusing heavy on pvp and battlegrounds when 1080p hdtvs owers been asking for fixes for 1080p enhanced graphics they totally skip us and focus on pvp and battleground players especially when 1080p hdtvs owers been asking for fixes for the last 7 months, I am so mad im going to be playing eso a few more months without 1080p enhanced graphics on my 1080p display thanks for a terrible PS4 Pro support zos. =(
  • signed8bit
    signed8bit
    ✭✭
    Check out an easier form of the 4k display workaround toward the end of the following thread.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/327807/solved-how-to-ps4-pro-graphics-bug-downgrade-on-1080p-only-displays

Thanks to @MasturCheef and @Dudgeon figuring this all out for us.
  • signed8bit
    signed8bit
    ✭✭
    signed8bit wrote: »
    Check out an easier form of the 4k display workaround toward the end of the following thread.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/327807/solved-how-to-ps4-pro-graphics-bug-downgrade-on-1080p-only-displays

Thanks to @MasturCheef and @Dudgeon figuring this all out for us.

Doh! I just saw that @Dudgeon had already linked that.