The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Horns of the Reach and Update 15 Preview"

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for finally making writ vouchers bankable. I only have one master crafter, so it hasn't been an issue for me, but it sure will be welcome to those who have split up their crafts.

Also, I don't PVP, but it's about time that AP was bankable too, lol.

Looking forward to hearing more about the new houses - am assuming these will be in DLC zones. If so, I'm hoping that there will be more than one option in each. I wouldn't want only a large (1M+) home in Gold Coast, for example. It'd be nice if, say, there was a small home/apartment in Anvil, with a medium/large home somewhere out in the wild. Some combination of an affordable home for most players (small home/apartment) and a more expensive home in each zone.

Also, I'd still like to see a small home added to Vvardenfell. EDIT: While one can argue that St. Delyn's Penthouse is more of an apartment than an inn room in terms of size, it functions as an inn room, with thus only 15/30 slots! There's a lot of space that just ends up either looking bare (few furnishings with a good amount of decorations) or Spartan (decent amount of furnishings with very little decoration). They give you a really large inn room - it seems to be about the size of the Sisters of the Sands apartment, but you can't really do too much due to the item restriction of an inn room.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 6, 2017 4:59PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep wondering, with so many crafting motifs and the way dropped sets are practically a requirement, why in the name of Sithis can we still not alter the style of dropped armor sets?
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    I keep wondering, with so many crafting motifs and the way dropped sets are practically a requirement, why in the name of Sithis can we still not alter the style of dropped armor sets?

Actually, I had an idea for costumes/appearances of each racial style. That way you can run Necropotence and Destructive Mage with an appearance/costume that makes you look like you're wearing all High Elf or Dark Elf style armor and weapons.
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    It essentially shows the account name of anyone who extends an invitation to a guild in your Guild History.

Why on earth?!? You know how many times I've been spammed by random people to join their guild because I was standing at a way shrine or in a bank? I cannot see any reason this is useful. Please at least have an option to purge it.

• argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    I'd also like a minotaur version of this so I can have the bull head in heavy armor while wearing Plague Doctor + Akaviri Dragonguard gear on my tank. Love the look of being a minotaur dashing towards enemies with a Shield Charge. :)
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno what exactly do you guys mean when you mention Guild Invite History? Is it going to track which guilds you've been invited to, or is it an expansion of the Guild Roster information tab accessible through the guild menu?
    It essentially shows the account name of anyone who extends an invitation to a guild in your Guild History.

ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    BTW @ZOS_GinaBruno - In which Map these dungeons are located?
    They're both in Craglorn!

Ah so it's just an expansion of the roster history. That's great to know :)

It's actually the restoration of something we had, then for no discernible reason was removed.
    When an invite is extended, you'll see "@membername invited @recruitname to the guild" in Roster history.

So nice to see this is finally coming back. It's a small but helpful feature for managing a guild.

Thanks!
    Edited by hiyde on July 6, 2017 5:17PM
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As much as I want transmog to be a thing, posts like these make me wish that Big Z would scrap whatever plans they have announced for transmogrification just to spite all the crybabies.
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durnik wrote: »

Why on earth?!? You know how many times I've been spammed by random people to join their guild because I was standing at a way shrine or in a bank? I cannot see any reason this is useful. Please at least have an option to purge it.

This isn't going into your history if you are invited to the guild.

It's going into the guild history of the guild doing the inviting.

i.e. "@JoeOfficer invited @Durnik to the guild."

@Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As much as I want transmog to be a thing, posts like these make me wish that Big Z would scrap whatever plans they have announced for transmogrification just to spite all the crybabies.

Crybabies? Nice attitude. I know I'm never going to get something as good as "fix lag" or "remove proc sets", but I don't understand why it takes years for something as simple as being able to create your characters appearance as you like. Jewelry crafting is another issue, but one crybaby concern at a time.
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »

Well, don't I look like an idiot. Guess it would help if I actually read what was said. I'm not usually that stupid. Thank you for correcting me.
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »

Funny to hear that as just this morning I was at the Belkarth wayshrine banking stuff after doing crafting writs and was hit my multiple trade requests on two different characters in less than 15 min.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How much will the DLC cost? I'm expecting the same price as SotH 1500 Crowns.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • fwr.phoenixub17_ESO
    Bloodroot Forge
    Gherig Bullblood
    Domihaus the Bloody-Horned
    bizarre Nirnblooded creatures
    Seriously, guys, where is your bloody imagination?
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Add a movement speed debuff to the carrier in chaos ball. Based on the description, the game mode is going to favor stacking to max movement speed and just running until the match ends.
    Edited by timidobserver on July 6, 2017 6:58PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Ir0nB34r
    Ir0nB34r
    ✭✭✭
    Gahhh.. I wish I could read this at work. But the site is blocked..
    [XBOX][NA]
    Breton | Sorcerer | Damage Dealer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Breton | Warden | Healer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Argonian | Dragon Knight | Tank - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    (Retired)Breton | Sorcerer | Tank - Build Info (<< Link to Google Docs Page)
    "If you are quitting, can I have your stuff??"
  • Sintao
    Sintao
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all and @ZOS_GinaBruno

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank-you ZOS for the upcoming ability to customise combat cues for ability and attack telegraphs. This is a huge non-trivial deal for colour-blind players and players with various degrees of visual colour deficiency, and represents a great equity proposition for less able players. It's this under-the-good stuff that I love to see (yep I love the new stuff too!).

I've posted a detailed thanks in the Colour Blind Mode thread here as well.
    Edited by Sintao on July 7, 2017 4:03AM
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the ability to cancel a research project mid-way

Please tell me this is an error that should read "the ability to pause a research project mid-way so that you can start a different one"? If not, you know that someone is going to come crying because they were drunk and cancelled a ninth trait job after 26 days.

If the article is correct I fail to see how it's in any way a quality of life improvement.
    Still no "Reply" button on mail, though?

They're finally giving us back the invite information on the guild roster. Give it another three or four years and we might be blessed with a reply button.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Zacchaeus
    Zacchaeus
    ✭✭
    Great news, but....

Murkmire?

My scales require moisting.
    "Need me to carry something?"
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How much will the DLC cost? I'm expecting the same price as SotH 1500 Crowns.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Sergun
    Sergun
    ✭✭✭
    Black List fo guild pls >:)
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These dungeons are in Craglorn? :o Sounds cool! I hope they are as difficult as the Shadows of the Hist dungeons.

Also I was unaware of the Quality of Life improvements being implemented. These are very welcome along with any bug/performance fixes and updates to UI/existing systems.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Qbiken wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will there be any changes to the Orsinium loot-table? At the moment the Orsinium loot (maelstrom arena sets included) doesn´t follow the same pattern as the rest of the Overland loot (All gear can come in all traits and exists as weapon and jewels. Also that all pieces can drop in all qualities).

Any plans regarding this? :)

This please! Briarheart needs to drop in sharpened!
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about coloring our characters hair at the dye stations? will it be possible after update 15? i think that this has been asked for many years but never solved. it was falsely advertised on update 11 but it's still not available.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How many new houses are being added?
    Any details at this point?
    Will they be on the PTS this month?
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having read the PTS patch notes, they really do mean cancel a research job, not pause it to start another one. I'd absolutely love to hear how this is a quality of life improvement.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, when will Horns of the Reach actually go live? The article on the official site only said "in August."
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, when will Horns of the Reach actually go live? The article on the official site only said "in August."

My apologies if I missed it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@The_Patriarch I know I'm not 'official' in any capacity, but generally it's four weeks from when it hits the PTS to release, and it's on the PTS now. So probably mid-August.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.