The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No Text Chat Keyboard

• FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes on Ps4 without a keyboard it is a half and half thing where the virtual one will not pop up. Do not expect a fix for this friend, for we play on console. I bought a wireless keyboard and it works perfectly fine now. I get what you are saying but they have yet to respond and they have bigger things going on (morrowind/pts). Good luck.
    The Flyers
  • GuyNamedSean
    GuyNamedSean
    ✭✭✭✭
    @GuyNamedSean

This is the best solution

1. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/communications/chatpad

It's cheaper at other stores but it plugs into your controller and allows your headset to plug in too

2. Best solution
    So many long winded solutions to this.

When it happens just press the home button you'll see on the small screen window on home page the blank keyboard has gone. Go back to the game and load the keyboard back up and boom it'll work..it does for me 100% of the time. No need for all this hard resetting crap.

I'm probably not going to bother getting a chatpad. I've found that restarting the game can sometimes fix the issue, so it's usually not that big of a deal. I have the keyboard show up more often than not, so I probably won't bother with it for now. The same is true for the majority of my friends. They aren't even bothering with text chat anymore because they see it as my job as their guild leader.
    Former Guildmaster of the Legion of Mournhold
    XBL: GuyNamedSean
    PC: GuyNamedSeanPC
  • Jaws243
    Jaws243
    FlyLionel wrote: »
    Yes on Ps4 without a keyboard it is a half and half thing where the virtual one will not pop up. Do not expect a fix for this friend, for we play on console. I bought a wireless keyboard and it works perfectly fine now. I get what you are saying but they have yet to respond and they have bigger things going on (morrowind/pts). Good luck.

I understand what you are saying about "more important" issues, but if they keep building on a broken game, it is only going to get worse, not better. Sorry if I'm resurrecting this issue, but it is still very much a problem for me.