The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: July 7 @ 3:00pm EDT"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: July 7 @ 3:00pm EDT. We're giving you a first look at one of the upcoming dungeons from Horns of the Reach on ESO Live this Friday! Join members of the ESO development team as we give you a live walking tour of either Bloodroot Forge with its heavy vegetation and lava-filled corridors, or the township of Falkreath Hold which is under siege by a monstrous warlord. Which dungeon would you like to see? Take our poll now on Twitter and let us know!

Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIRST!

I'm excited to see these, do you know which devs it will be yet?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    FIRST!

One of them has to be a dungeon person. So probably @ZOS_Finn will be the man of the hour.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    FIRST!

One of them has to be a dungeon person. So probably ZOS_Finn will be the man of the hour.
    You mean we get Shrek and Fiona two ESO Lives in a row? :smiley:
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIRST!

One of them has to be a dungeon person. So probably @ZOS_Finn will be the man of the hour.

Is he trying to sneak on as an ESO Live regular or something? ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it's a dungeon-based DLC so obviously the dungo team has to make an appearance :wink:
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do these dungeons drop a relic to counter lag?

With the release of the new DLC, does that meant you guys are giving up on fixing the constant crashes in Vivec City like you did in Orsinium?

...just a couple thoughts....
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jailbirdy wrote: »

Do these dungeons drop a relic to counter lag?

With the release of the new DLC, does that meant you guys are giving up on fixing the constant crashes in Vivec City like you did in Orsinium?

...just a couple thoughts....

They'll just release a new cat mount to make everyone forget about these issues
  • GOATGOBAAHH
    GOATGOBAAHH
    ✭✭
    Fix your broken product BEFORE adding new content.

I.e
    -Activity finder que
    -Battlegrounds que
    -vivec city (DC City)
    -CONSTANT DC AND LAG IN ALL PVP CAMPAIGNS
    -PVP IS UNPLAYABLE 80% of the time EVERYTIME!
    -Lack of Zos employees moderating Xbox NA leads to toxic interactions between players (sit in txt chat in pvp for 5 minutes)

Checked careers page to make sure a bunch of middle school students aren't running the product team.

The job requirements are pretty high which leads me to believe this "building upon broken product" philosophy belongs to one bonehead at the top that needs the boot.

TLDR
    -Stop building on broken code
    -Current game (specifically Xbox NA) is pretty unplayable
    -When you build upon a broken product more things break. (I.e activity finder which has been broken since Oct 2016)

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Falkreath Hold which is under siege by a monstrous warlord.

Despot of Markarth?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Jaws243
    Jaws243
    It is very disheartening how difficult you make it to play this game while asking us to constantly pump money into your pockets for cosmetic items that do not even add to the quality of life in-game.

Lag in PvP only is a little more understandable, as that is somewhere a great bit of the population tends to group, however, when the lag spills into zones where you can literally play for hours without seeing another player, and even DC while standing still in said area, then you know *** is broken.

It would go so much farther with a vast majority of the player base if we received more substantial game fixes and bug patches then new, broken content that only adds to the pile of broken content that is ESO.

While this game is a great game, at least the concept of it is, it gets frustrating when you are dealing with the same broken content patch and patch again, on top of the newly added broken content that came with the patch.
  • GOATGOBAAHH
    GOATGOBAAHH
    ✭✭
    Aka you're making it harder to log in everyday. Idk how else to say it.

Blaming lag on "everyone else's ISP" is the weakest move I've ever seen.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone post that quote from Lambert saying "you don't need to be here if you don't want to" for all the whiners.
  • GOATGOBAAHH
    GOATGOBAAHH
    ✭✭
    There's a difference between complaining and doing QA work for free.
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone post that quote from Lambert saying "you don't need to be here if you don't want to" for all the whiners.

So it's normal to pay for a game that isn't functioning correctly? And we should keep quiet rather than trying to make it better.

Apologies, I'll see if I can find a good pair of rose colored glasses to wear when playing the game while I dashboard crash, lag, disconnect from message spam while standing still, and don't see textures render while I wait through a broken queue system to play a non cp battleground that heavily favors proc mechanics.

In regards to Lambert saying that, it was an idiotic move on his part, no other way to explain that. And many HAVE left. I get his point but his choice of words was terrible as someone representing a company on a public platform.

We're here because we love and want to see this game better. Not taking care of existing issues before pumping out new inevitably buggy content isn't a solution.

I am thrilled to see new content and hope it works perfectly, but the track record here isn't making me feel super optimistic.

On topic though, do you plan on giving the pts testers specific things that you want them to test for you this time?
  • Jaws243
    Jaws243

As @DrSweetazz and @GOATGOBAAHH pointed out, it clearly isn't an issues with us "whiners" as to whether or not we want to be here, but more about the fact that we want to be here, but we want here to be a properly functioning vessel as it should be. Obviously we have not left, hence the forum postings here, but we are all getting to a point where it will be what we do.

Most of us that play are long time fans and players of the Elder Scrolls game and love the concept of an MMO based around that. Is it really that much to ask for content to work as intended? Is it really that difficult to find programmers talented enough to comb through the code and see where there are issues and then fix theses issues without causing even more issues and not fixing the issues they intended to in the first place? How many patches have we had that have actually fixed issues in the game that have been undone by sloppy coding in the very next patch? I can think of at least three.

Plain and simple and bottom line, we LOVE this game, but the sever lack of communication, programming talent, and efficient public relations from this Company make it difficult to want to log in and keep feeding the beast money when there is hardly ever a payout for the players. If I were Bethesda, I would be embarrassed to see what Zeni is doing to its player base, which is simple enough to see with a simple glance at the forums.
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    All I ask is that we get the official release dates (I'm on XB1) so we can plan ahead for release day (namely getting it off from work to have enough time to download the patch). :)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all! Was a fun show, although one probably shouldn't try to drink coffee when @ZOS_Finn is talking!

Hope you can get Jon to write "All of this" of the prize which was won!
  • MacMurroughTheFirst
    Great show! can't wait to see the new house in person! I don't think I've seen mention of this anywhere but will we be able to preview it as well on the PTS next week?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to go back and look, but did them mention anything about what is in the upcoming patch for PC next week?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to go back and look, but did them mention anything about what is in the upcoming patch for PC next week?

@lordrichter Check the very beginning of the broadcast. I think they mentioned more BG queue fixes and such.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you can get Jon to write "All of this" of the prize which was won!

Was that the dude who was sitting all the way to the left? I'm not sure if it's just his personality but to me he came off looking and sounding totally disinterested in everything, as if he was forced to be there and just hates his job. lol

I don't watch these often so it might just be how he is.