The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can I link my Steam with my preexisting account if I buy the Gold Edition from Steam (and use DLCs)?

Borvath
Borvath
✭✭
I have an account purchased from ESO website and I have upgraded it to Morrowind and I don't have any DLC. I want to be able to access it from steam, so if I buy the Gold Edition will I be able to link it to my account and use the DLCs. I have also heard that with the Gold Edition you can access the DLCs in a different server (like EU or US), unlike the Guilds and Glory DLC pack, which you have to buy separately for each server.
Sorry for my English.
Edited by Borvath on July 3, 2017 2:10AM

Best Answer

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard of people doing that, and at the time it worked. Only thing I recall I'd they have to log in via steam to see dlc, if they bypass steam and login normally the game doesn't notice that you have the dlcs
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Answer ✓
  • Borvath
    Borvath
    ✭✭
    Should I buy ESO Tamriel Unlimited from steam (when its on sale) and Guilds and Glory DLC Pack ingame or just the Gold Edition from Steam?
    Edited by Borvath on July 3, 2017 2:14AM
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you already have an account and want to add the DLC's, then you need to purchased the Guilds & Glory. The Gold Edition is for new accounts. I do not believe the Gold Edition can be applied to existing accounts just for the DLC's .....
  • Borvath
    Borvath
    ✭✭
    I have heard that if you buy something in EU for example, it wont appear in US, this includes DLCs. While you can access DLC with just one purchase, the Gold Edition. Is this true? If so I dont want to miss this opportunity if I can. Also I want to be able to use ESO in Steam and which I need to buy it again (Steam can get very cheap). If I can link a Gold Edition from steam with my account from regular ESO, it is a "two birds for one stone" situation for me.
    Sorry for my English.
    Edited by Borvath on July 4, 2017 5:45AM