Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Saving Hosni

kargen27
kargen27
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I realize now that I should have waited until I was a few levels above this to give it a try. I also know when I come back to it I will probably still take a thumping because I have no clue how to battle that many targets.
So a couple of questions. I am a Wood Elf Dark Knight and I am using either a flame staff or a restoration staff. I am not real good at these games and in particular suck at dodging.
What is a realistic level to try this quest knowing I suck? What would be a decent strategy going into this battle using one of my staffs?
As it is now I can't hit the same Wisp twice in a row so I end up running sideways with little white things chasing me until I drop over dead.
Anyway I think my problem is obvious and any help in eventually whomping those little white lights and the witch that is summoning them would be greatly appreciated.
and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Years after the original post, I second this. I don't see any way to defeat this thing -- I het her down to 1/3rd health, then she splits and her health shoots back up to 100 percent! Can you say "Discouraging?"

... with any other adds she might be beatable, but I have a hard time with wisps all by themselves. When there are three or more of them and three of her all beating on me, I don;t have a hope in Hades of getting through this fight....
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only the copies have full health; the original remains the same. The trick is to ignore the copies and go after the real one, they despawn when she is killed.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turns out my character was really flawed with that configuration. I turned him into a tank for a while and now he is my master crafter. My 2nd character (magicka templar) had no problem with that battle.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."