Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pledge of Mara suggestion

Dracindo
Dracindo
✭✭✭✭✭
After searching, I know that only 1 person needs to have the Pledge of Mara in order for 2 people to get married to one another.
However, I think it would be great if there was a shared pledge. What do I mean with this? Simple:
  • Both players buy a pledge for 500 crowns and use it on each other.
The reason? Me and my GF both have 500 crowns for buying a certain version of the game, and we would like to get married ingame. We both have the crowns, but we can't combine them.
It would be great if we could both pay a part of a marriage

Also, why shouldn't this be possible? Both sides have to agree to this bonding, yes, but only one of them pays. How is that a fair relationship? It only shows that one cares more than the other, while the other is like "Yeah, sure, whatever. Accept."
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a relationship like any other? Does both sides have to agree to what? Maybe one does what is considered best for its family or life :)
    A gold digger in eso Marry one who can provide the best stuff for you ;)
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to certain: I don't ask to remove the 1000 crown purchase and replace it with this 500 crown purchase that both players need to have.
    I would just like to have both options available.

Edited by Dracindo on June 30, 2017 2:04PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its part of the dowry - you buy the rings, they "give" themselves to you and possibly some of dad's livestock lol.

I don't see why not, other than the crown store ring mongers don't believe cutting the rings in half will cause them to sell more - you still need two halves to make a whole, and If you really want to get married, you'll come up with that 3 months salary 500 more crowns to make him/her happy either way.

I wish I could display my rings in my house, they just sit in the bank. They continue to exist because I'd feel guilty about destroying one and being asked to put it on some day. They can be useful leveling up under 50 toons who usually have crap jewelry anyway.
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on June 30, 2017 2:48PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    Well I mean I fronted the entire $3000 for an engagement ring... certainly didn't make my fiancee pay for half of that...
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    But I get what you're saying as far as how the game world works.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would be nice. My friend and I split the costs of things sometimes by one of us sending the other half the cost of the crowns for something, via Paypal, but for small things like the Mara pledge it would be cool to have it be a two-part thing as an option, too.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracindo wrote: »
    Also, why shouldn't this be possible? Both sides have to agree to this bonding, yes, but only one of them pays. How is that a fair relationship? It only shows that one cares more than the other, while the other is like "Yeah, sure, whatever. Accept."
    I like your suggestion, but that's a terrible argument for it because it's not true. The way it works now does not mean the person who bought it cares more than the other nor does it mean the other is indifferent.
    Edited by Pele on July 3, 2017 8:39AM
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pele wrote: »
    Dracindo wrote: »
    I like your suggestion, but that's a terrible argument for it because it's not true. The way it works now does not mean the person who bought it cares more than the other nor does it mean the other is indifferent.

True that, but players who would like it to be more romantic, could choose to both cover the costs. But it also works out for two friends who both have the crowns and both just do it for the exp rings, and consider it a token of their everlasting partnership. Whatever rows the RP boat :tongue: