Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Easy build for new player?

peteed1985
I kinda played for a few days at launch and have imperial edition but no morrowwind but just came back to the game and was wondering what class/race/weapon combo or build would be good for a noob? Mainly gunna be doing solo leveling but I do love to do dungeons and raids at least once a day or so so I need something good for both while still being easy to play. I can't handle complex rotations.
  • T1y4hoon
    T1y4hoon
    ✭✭✭
    Play a magika sorcerer with destro/resto. destro bar does all the damage, resto bar all the heals. Pretty simple
  • peteed1985
    T1y4hoon wrote: »
    Play a magika sorcerer with destro/resto. destro bar does all the damage, resto bar all the heals. Pretty simple

Any build guide you could link me to? Very hard to work out what spells to use when the class has so many abilities in 3 lines then the weapon also has abilities and they all upgrade in different ways :sweat:
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, everything is easy to master for a newbie except for a nightblade. Dragon knights are both fun and easy to play, in my opinion.

-- Now watch someone jump on here to scream that I'm wrong about nightblades. Nightblades are FUN to play, but not the easiest to master in a way that will give you great damage output and surviveability at the same time. You can still play a nightblade and have a great time with it, but I just don't recommend it as a first character. They take a little more work to make them awesome (in PvE, at least).

Edited by SydneyGrey on June 11, 2017 5:34AM
  • barmarchub17_ESO
    I agree about the Nightblade. They are a lot of fun, but not the best to start with. I found my magica based Templar to be the easiest. Great damage and great heal at the same time. My second is the Magica based Sorc. The basic build comes with its own tank. Love it.

The new warden has its benefits as well. Took me a while to get used to it.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Really, everything is easy to master for a newbie except for a nightblade. Dragon knights are both fun and easy to play, in my opinion.

-- Now watch someone jump on here to scream that I'm wrong about nightblades. Nightblades are FUN to play, but not the easiest to master in a way that will give you great damage output and surviveability at the same time. You can still play a nightblade and have a great time with it, but I just don't recommend it as a first character. They take a little more work to make them awesome (in PvE, at least).

You're wrong about nightblades! :p

Except, you know not at all. They're a really fun class, but learning them is a pain.

Sorcs, Templars, DKs and Wardens are all pretty easy to learn. Sorcs have the highest skill ceiling of those three.

If you buttoned me, I'd probably say the Warden or Templar is the easiest class to learn, simply because they both get access to self heals very early on, and that can make life a lot easier for you.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll always suggest a magica templar for a new player. Your main damage skill is aoe and heals you. You also get a burst heal right away.

Breton or high elf magica templar is my suggestion.
  • T1y4hoon
    T1y4hoon
    ✭✭✭
    peteed1985 wrote: »
    T1y4hoon wrote: »

Any build guide you could link me to? Very hard to work out what spells to use when the class has so many abilities in 3 lines then the weapon also has abilities and they all upgrade in different ways :sweat:

@peteed1985 Depends on what your going for. If your just going to focus on pve the build is different than if your going to pvp
  • fractalknight
    fractalknight
    ✭✭
    The Dragon Knight is the only one I have been able to solo a dark anchor. Barely did it using a Templar healer, but help came. The Dragon Knight has an attack that also heals. You migjt have to level up a little before getting the healing part, but once you do, it is very difficult to die.
    Tarkus Aquila - Imperial Templar
    Klaaz - Khajit Nightblade
    Fractiz - Altmer Sorcerer
    Jonsir Vheti - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Kills-With-Grin - Argonian Dragonknight

Myrddin the Mystic - Breton Warden

PS4 ESOTU Adventurer since June 2015
  • Gulkrim-mur
    Gulkrim-mur
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka or stamina sorc, magicka templar. Both great survivability and damage. Id lean magicka templar for i think its more simple and better survival then sorc.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

On the other side of the coin: My first character was a Nightblade, and after that, all my alts are like playing on easy mode. XD

Nothing teaches you the game's mechanics like leveling a stamblade as your first character. :)
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar is pretty easy; think of a Paladin from WoW...
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, stam nightblade was my first char also. . . but what it taught me was to roll a sorc. ;)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    whatever you go with id recommend going with a magic class. End game viable gear is easier to obtain for mag classes as many stam PVE builds require maelstrom/master weapons to be top notch.

Mag sorc is pretty easy mode, Mag Templar is easier in the way you don't really have much of a rotation (when compared to sorc)

if your just starting anew id recommend making a tank or a healer, youll que for dungeons 1000x faster than if your dps and will make farming gear faster.

if I was in your position, id make a mag Templar. play as a healer while leveling up and farming gear. then when I get what I need swap over to dps and reset skills/cp
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    try ORC Stamina DK Poison Beth & poison claw & then few Psy skills & 2h sword & heavy armor, hes so tanky with right CP build & good dam. that's the most easiest class in my opinion, but no matter what class i play whats pain is Mage Bosses if there is more then one (they kick my... often, i die a lot with NB archer & mag Sorc, with sorc with my other sorc pets help, but its harder without pets), they just hit so dam hard, way more then melee bosses, overall u need good build with it that induces good buffs to

magic NB maybe to Med armor DW u can leach life to so it should be pretty survivable class to solo if u need to solo specially when u get CP, but it mite be 2easy for some, different ppl find different things easy ppl can try & find magic NB boring :D , mine is still low lvl so don't know that much about it
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about the Nightblade. They are a lot of fun, but not the best to start with. I found my magica based Templar to be the easiest. Great damage and great heal at the same time. My second is the Magica based Sorc. The basic build comes with its own tank. Love it.

The new warden has its benefits as well. Took me a while to get used to it.

i found that ORC stam DK with 2h blade to be the easiest with good CP build HP recovery & stam recovery + other things, but this 2 are the most important, well DK becomes easier after lvl 30 when u have gotten higher skill lvl's

but 2h stam Templar can be good to, never tried, but think 2h Psy skills for attack & Temp skills for self heal that use magic, even if u don't use CP for making heal better it can save u, but for urself u need just quick recovery that improves heeling received, so u use heal potions or spells on urself u get more form them also more from other player heals than players who didn't put point there
    Edited by Sugram22 on July 2, 2017 5:56PM
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    but i wonder about my khajiit daggers & psy or bow & poisson or psy or should i make wood elf for poison
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    DELETED
    Edited by Sugram22 on July 3, 2017 7:43AM