Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Robes of the Hist (formerly onslaught)

lynog85
lynog85
✭✭✭
Hi, ive been looking at some unique drops from this set. more specifically

The Pincher of Hist Sap (Precise)",

Shield of the Third House of Hist Sap (Impenetrable)

these items are supposedly available from quests, ive searched the web high and low and cant seem to find out which quest, can anyone please help me? Thanks
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since they're the "special" parts of the hist set I'm guessing they'll have a chance to drop from their specific bosses (based on my experience with drops in 1T). I don't *think* they're rewards from quests. Every unique set piece I've received thus far has been from a delve boss.

Basically go to Shadowfen and defeat the delve bosses. If I had to guess I would say the pincher drops from the kwama mine delve boss, but again that's just my best guess.
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Since they're the "special" parts of the hist set I'm guessing they'll have a chance to drop from their specific bosses (based on my experience with drops in 1T). I don't *think* they're rewards from quests. Every unique set piece I've received thus far has been from a delve boss.

Basically go to Shadowfen and defeat the delve bosses. If I had to guess I would say the pincher drops from the kwama mine delve boss, but again that's just my best guess.

yeah bro . i just need to know the specific delve/quest. Thanks though
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »

Again, since you mentioned you already researched online and found nothing, I suggest you go farm and check for yourself in game? I highly doubt anyone here will know exactly which delve boss drops the specific items you mentioned, and there are only like 6 delves so it shouldn't take too long. Welcome bro.
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭

Again, since you mentioned you already researched online and found nothing, I suggest you go farm and check for yourself in game? I highly doubt anyone here will know exactly which delve boss drops the specific items you mentioned, and there are only like 6 delves so it shouldn't take too long. Welcome bro.

im pretty sure their is addons on pc to find out what quests/delve drop what items. Save myself a lot of effort ill wait and see if a pc brother can help me out :)
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    im pretty sure their is addons on pc to find out what quests/delve drop what items. Save myself a lot of effort ill wait and see if a pc brother can help me out :)

The item database addon only tells you the zone or dungeon the sets drops from. There's no addons for specific quest rewards.
  • spectre303
    spectre303
    ✭✭✭
    I know the cadwell's main quests were giving me named set gear the other day, so id try to figure out what those main quests are in the zone you're hunting in and do those. maybe other quests give set drops as well but im not sure.
    Ebonheart Pact ♦ NA ♦ CP 2230
    Ra'Sta ♦ ♛Sergeant Stadanko ♦ ♛Napolèon Dynamite ♦ Brunhilda the Green ♦ ♛Call me Al ♦ Joe ♦ Stadanko's Ghost
    Jan-Michael Vincent ♦ Mòrty ♦ Redmer ♦ Durban Diesel ♦ ♛ßecky ♦ Stadanko Jr ♦ Lòzen ♦ Guillermo De la Cruz ♦ Gìnger ♦ Rasta ♦ Gozer
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

these items are supposedly available from quests, ive searched the web high and low and cant seem to find out which quest, can anyone please help me? Thanks

I will do all quests in shadowfen on my maxlleveld character and update u on this matter :)
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

I will do all quests in shadowfen on my maxlleveld character and update u on this matter :)

Tyvm, Sir.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From the inimitable Code, who listed all unique items:

["Robes of the Hist"] =
    {
    [1] = "{ 7445 }, -- Draws-the-Sap Dagger of Hist Sap (Infused)",
    [2] = "{ 10283 }, -- Bogstaff of Hist Sap (Infused)",
    [3] = "{ 22753 }, -- My Enemy's Skin Wrap of the Hist Sap (Well-fitted)",
    [4] = "{ 22757 }, -- Hist's Power Necklace of the Hist Sap (Arcane)",
    [5] = "{ 34932 }, -- Deepswamp Staff of Hist Sap (Powered)",
    [6] = "{ 34934 }, -- Naeraizozan's Band of Hist Sap (Robust)",
    [7] = "{ 34936 }, -- The Pincher of Hist Sap (Precise)",
    [8] = "{ 34937 }, -- Shield of the Third House of Hist Sap

I found this while looking for a destro staff for a handicapped friend.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I realize this thread has been around for a long time so you probably no longer need the info, but stumbled upon this thread while working on my table of named items from drop sets. The answer to your question:

The Pincher of Hist Sap:
    Kwama Overseer in Onkobra Kwama Mine

Shield of the Third House of Hist Sap:
    Rebecca Lirlane in Chid-Moska Ruins

Since they're delve bosses it's not a 100% drop chance, but it is a decent chance and you can farm them. I found this while working on Sunshine Daydream's Guide to "Drop" Sets - Named Set Pieces.
    Edited by Tevalaur on July 2, 2017 6:15AM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.