Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamblade vs Magsorc

• Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarato wrote: »
    @Valencer

This is mostly if not all opinion if there's any *** you wanna debunk please provide evidence for my better understanding. Thank you.

K first off it IS the game's problem I don't get my s*** if RNG doesn't give me Selene/Veli for 2 months, stupid glirion chest/middle chest lmao; No Debaser sword after farming that for 3 1/2 weeks straight either.. again rng.(strong builds to my liking cannot be achieved b/c of this obviously, though on my 2016 account I have used these before) I'll still be continuing after the maintenance. Just a reminder, been doing ALL of this daily. WHILE finding time to PvP.

[NonCP Response for 2 paragraphs which are off topic lol]The damage output against prepared PvPers such as tanks, shield stacks builds using a rotation with consistent/repetitive burst drain stamina easily as it usually doesn't do instant kill dmg and really even far below half health dmg unless you're lucky enuff to 1v1 obviously new/inexperienced/other squishy/unprepared. For Xv1s I believe most classes would be at a disadvantage, and usually the squishiest, so you were responding to @Glamdring about procblades being strong in Xv1 but realistically that's any class played good, 2 proc Stamsorcs for example against 1 of whatever class you name it............. and YAYYY for Cloak receiving "buff", how needed. Would you happen to know if heavy staff attack no longer takes NBs out of stealth?

Anyway assuming you're talking about ganking/killing people who aren't prepared/or using procs, *** even all 3 as the "idiot proof playstyle", which indeed it is easy as hell. Keep in mind every single class has ganked or can gank, some with procs, some without. Even if you're not talking solely about ganking or procblades, procs are still used by many other classes.

It's idiot proof because youve got soooo much sustain it's hard to ever find yourself out of resources. Even with low max stamina and weapon damage you can do significant burst damage.

I do have trouble taking out actual good players on my procblade but tbh it's about the same on any other spec that has to run a more balanced build. So I get the benefit of near limitless sustain with comparable burst damage output that's also entirely front-loaded with proc sets. Versus undergeared/inexperienced players it's an absolute bloodbath though... they cant handle getting hit by incap+viper+selene and are easy kills.

It's not opinion. Ive spent a few days playing this now and it's like a completely different world coming from stam DK. Way less effort required for kills and survivability/sustain is through the roof.
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    Dracindo wrote: »
    Alright, before anyone comments on the "stamblades being better than we think" part of this thread, let's think about this:

Would you rather have 2 Magsorcs or 2 Stamblades in your 4-man group as DD?

what is DD
    Take me drunk, I'm home. Fav song: Pony - Ginuwine
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    @Valencer -
    msorc vs sblade topic pls
    practice more and youll be able 2
    enjoy the playstyle
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarato wrote: »
    FlyLionel wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

I fixed your title for you.

If that´s your perceived truth it might indicate a problem of gitting gud with stamblade.

Magsorc vs StamNB should not be able to kill each other if both play defensively in open world setups.
    The NB depends on the sorc to play offensive to score a kill.
    The sorc depends on the NB to step into mines to do so.

For dueling an axebleed heavyarmor build should win on NB.

Really? Convince me to use my VMA battleaxe sharpened over farming for a greatsword @Derra ...Save me the trouble yo

Also magsorc x sNB is a classic fight, as a sNB main(for pvp) since release I always love a fight against one. Those mine camping/atronach sorcs that keep curse up and know when to streak can be pesky no doubt.

^ I'd love to know his build too, heard about something like that going around but i think its a dw/2h build

Either Fury + Seventh or Ravager + Veiled Heritance or one of the beforementioned + 1msa weapon of choice + alchemist.
    Add trollking or bloodspawn and voilá.

It´s indeed 2h + DW build though and on top has a very niche dueling viability (imo) - because it´s back-loaded burst so to speak (especially fury + seventh combo).
    I´ve seen some (well ok 2) people use veiled + ravager open world and be successful but it´s harder (but also more potent) than proccsets imo.
    Edited by Derra on June 26, 2017 4:09PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Had a really intense fight with one of the oldest stamblades on my server yesterday.

If you mind the burst, you won't die, not even against Selene. The same is true for the NB, though. Cloak+LoS assure you're healing to full. Sorc has to judge correctly when to stack shields and when Hardened is enough.

No burst combo is actually enough to finish the opponent on its own. Mines can be calculated, Selene can be evaded. In the end, I succeeded by pressuring and denying LoS when both our resources were depleted.

So I would say it's an equal fight, HOWEVER, the stamblade has way better escape tools should the fight turn against it or should reinforcements arrive.

Had a similar one a few days ago..
    I had a really hard time landing hits due to dodge into cloak - what did hit was easily healed, yet I shielded/healed through all his burst - till he switched to the pet, where I usually managed to stun+resummon fairly quickly..
    But I'm not built for long sustained fights.. not when you have to keep shields constantly up to be ready for that burst from stealth again.. and not when the pet (with weaker shields) is focussed. I'm build more for the burst - but when you can't make it hit....

He basically out-sustained me till I went oom and died.

Got one-shotted by a stamblade last night while stood around with no shields up in a keep.

But also kill plenty of NB's - especially when they get too focussed on the kill and don't dodge/cloak/los enough.

Its mostly down to player skill now. (oh and whether CP or not makes a difference too)

That is the crux of magicka - you have to keep those shields up no matter what, and that is expensive.
    On that note, I don't understand why ZOS made Dawnbreaker dodgable. Would gladly trade Soul Assault for the old Dawnbreaker.
    =/
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    are you asking this question from people with a stamina based prefrence or magicka? because answers will varry.
    every nightblade will say sorc is easy mode.
    every sorc will say nightblades are easy mode.
    everyone who says they are a sorc main but think stamblade is more skillful, is really a stsmblade trolling.
    close thread
    Edited by Barbaran on June 27, 2017 4:56AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the current pvp. Open world.

If they both know what their doing neither. Sorc won't be able to land burst because of cloak. Sorc doesn't let shields drop and nb can't burst the sorc. Both have good builds so they can sustain.

When procs are nerfed, mag sorc.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barbaran wrote: »
    are you asking this question from people with a stamina based prefrence or magicka? because answers will varry.
    every nightblade will say sorc is easy mode.
    every sorc will say nightblades are easy mode.
    everyone who says they are a sorc main but think stamblade is more skillful, is really a stsmblade trolling.
    close thread

You have my respect <3
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    For all of you that think magsorc is easy mode :
    Swap your char and get a magsorc then duel a me or another main magsorc (u have to run the same sets) and if u win u can say that sorc is easymode and a noob class^,..,^
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

If that´s your perceived truth it might indicate a problem of gitting gud with stamblade.

Magsorc vs StamNB should not be able to kill each other if both play defensively in open world setups.

if a sorc times it so meteor (undodgeable except AOE on ground) + radiant destruction (undodgeable) go off at same time, and the executioner lands when those 2 go off, than a stamblade is dead with not much counterplay except to vigor right before meteor hits, block the meteor, dodge immediately, and pray to god your health is above the executioner procing
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

if a sorc times it so meteor (undodgeable except AOE on ground) + radiant destruction (undodgeable) go off at same time, and the executioner lands when those 2 go off, than a stamblade is dead with not much counterplay except to vigor right before meteor hits, block the meteor, dodge immediately, and pray to god your health is above the executioner procing

Are we talking about sorc?

Or a 3v1 with a sorc, magplar, and a 2h user?

Because what you've just typed has just confused me so much?

Meteor, has nothing to do with sorc...
    Radiant... a magplar
    Executioner? errr

You've lost me, also just block, vigor, roll then cloak the meteor.
    Edited by leepalmer95 on June 27, 2017 6:56AM
    PS4 EU DC

• MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

Radiant destro is a templar skill no?
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

Are we talking about sorc?

Or a 3v1 with a sorc, magplar, and a 2h user?

Because what you've just typed has just confused me so much?

Meteor, has nothing to do with sorc...
    Radiant... a magplar
    Executioner? errr

You've lost me, also just block, vigor, roll then cloak the meteor.

Exactly, but people get rekt and ask for nerf instead l2p :)
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OdinForge Procs. Hexys is probably the best dueling stamblade (who doesn't abuse DW axe bleed) in EU. He beats every mag sorc (and everyone else) with 3k stam recov, 1.2kish mag recov and procs. Procs procs procs.

@Sarato This is about a duel is it not? And even open world 1vX, go watch Hexys stream with those exact stats I told you on procblade. He has near infinite sustain even with poisons and *** on him and he 1/2/3vX's.
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »
    @OdinForge Procs. Hexys is probably the best dueling stamblade (who doesn't abuse DW axe bleed) in EU. He beats every mag sorc (and everyone else) with 3k stam recov, 1.2kish mag recov and procs. Procs procs procs.

@Sarato This is about a duel is it not? And even open world 1vX, go watch Hexys stream with those exact stats I told you on procblade. He has near infinite sustain even with poisons and *** on him and he 1/2/3vX's.

Kk thx, I went back on topic if you read the full thing, ill watch Hexys stream
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    Stun a magsorc and keep him on defense for 6 seconds. Repeat and third time he will be out of stamina and you can finish him off.

Stamblade. Dont let them cloak and they are usually squishy af.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I hear open world, sorc, and Stam NB, I'm thinking

"No way in hell a sorc survived the gank from horseback"
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I hear open world, sorc, and Stam NB, I'm thinking

"No way in hell a sorc survived the gank from horseback"

Honestly as a Mag sorc now days, if you have 2 people on you, your basically casting hardened ward as fast as they're taking it off, you can't do anything.
    AAbrigo wrote: »
    Stun a magsorc and keep him on defense for 6 seconds. Repeat and third time he will be out of stamina and you can finish him off.

Stamblade. Dont let them cloak and they are usually squishy af.

No decently built mag sorc runs out of stamina now days, not with sets like shacklebreaker or amberplasm.
    PS4 EU DC

• DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Stamblade and Magicka Sorc are both played right and really good, i would say, that the stamblade will win this duell!
    And again, nightblade is the strongest 1vs1 class!
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

Because you don't need to git gud with magsorcs, you just follow a build and you're gud.

Stamblades are good if you know how to play and build them, but magsorcs are much easier to play with.

I really hope you are joking lmao
    If I don't get my shields up at the right time I will probably get 1-shotted ....talk about baby mode
  • Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

no really, all the stamblade has to do in that case is to spam BoL and flap his wings that will reflect all the meteors.
    then just finish of the magsorc whit a ani-canceled soul assault. if done correctly the stamblade should win every time.

the only real advantage the magsorc has over the stamblade is the ulti-cost reduction that makes casting onslaught so dirty cheap

Araviel -Professional Zerg surfing mutagen spammer [DC-EU]
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeHei wrote: »
    If Stamblade and Magicka Sorc are both played right and really good, i would say, that the stamblade will win this duell!

What???
    Edited by thankyourat on July 1, 2017 6:48PM
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    DeHei wrote: »

What???

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorc, whilst ez babby mode, is hard countered by stamblade. Being one of the highest bursts, being able to; cloak, unblockable fear it out of mines, ambush, incap a couple of proccity procs, and maybe a cheeky execute.

Rip sorc.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do like every NB and ambush/incap/execute. If that fails pop shuffle on bow bar, dodgeroll, and run around your favorite tree till you can cloak. Then bring 2 NBs next time.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well in battle grounds the most dominant class right now is mag sorc
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well in battle grounds the most dominant class right now is mag sorc

In low cps*
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is this heavy armour, axe bleed build that keeps getting mentioned?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigeracer wrote: »
    What is this heavy armour, axe bleed build that keeps getting mentioned?

Just a typical dueling build making full use of the insane dot that axes have. Dots eats shields if you have the time to apply them all.

Dueling is a different story, it's just build/ class countering really.
    PS4 EU DC

• DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys just look for @Bambok13 "Im J.. btw". You will never ask again, which class is the strongest. Here are too much guys, who never played against really strong player..
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)