The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Way to easy to leave a guild

angelncelestine
angelncelestine
✭✭✭✭
Am I the only one that thinks its way to easy to accidentally press X and leave a guild? They should at least ask you if you are sure you want to leave said guild. It would be awesome if they changed this!!
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on PC, you can use this add-on to remove the button and its binding.

I agree that it's way too easy. People accidentally leave guilds all the time.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 30, 2017 8:50PM
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, well, I accidentally left my own guild before when I meant to leave this other guild that I joined as a favor temporarily. It turned into a guild bank you see and I mats and stuff in there. Let's just say I "donated" them to inactive members. Stuff in there was worth maybe 10K max though, since most were gears for research later. Some raw mats make up most of that 10K estimation.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though i have yet to accidentally leave a guild.. I have received many mails from people who DID do that and I need to re-invite. I do think it's too easy to accidentally leave a guild.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only left one guild, but I seem to remember an "Are You Sure" Maybe it didn't, maybe it was because I had items listed in the store.

Even then, people have developed muscle memory, like me, to automatically mash the E key after entering any command as the game is always asking me, Are you sure you want to travel to that Wayshrine you just clicked on, then selected Travel to Wayshrine because, well, you might have changed your mind in the past 3 seconds and going to the wrong wayshrine is like the most catastrophic thing you can do so you need to be really really sure?

Don't get me started on the email delete confirmation.........
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a two step process. After 3+ years I have yet to leave a guild accidentally. I am fairly certain I have accidentally hit the X but a second key press was require to finish the process. While it's rare I've hit that X I think I did it this past week.

Not sure how much more is needed. Email confirmation or some other triple verification?
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll add the Janet fail-safe and subsequent announcement.
    You'll never leave a guild again. Ever. For any reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etJ6RmMPGko
    signing off
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a two step process. After 3+ years I have yet to leave a guild accidentally. I am fairly certain I have accidentally hit the X but a second key press was require to finish the process. While it's rare I've hit that X I think I did it this past week.

Not sure how much more is needed. Email confirmation or some other triple verification?

So there is a confirmation window for sure @Giles.floydub17_ESO ? Of all the mails I've gotten I always figured there wasn't. I wonder if maybe No Thank You is taking away the confirmation?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just get rid of the button.

On PC, you can leave guild by right clicking your name on the guild roster and selecting "leave" guild. I'm not sure why a giant "LEAVE GUILD" button that is also bound to a common key was needed.

On console, make the button something you need to select in a menu or with the cursor to avoid accidentally pressing it.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 30, 2017 9:11PM
  • angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe where you have to type delete or something to confirm would be nice. If there was a are you sure you want to leave this guild prompt I didn't see it. It happened so fast. Luckily I was able to get a invite back from a guildie.
  • overclocker303b14_ESO
    Agree. ZOS should immediately stop everything they are working on and deal with this.

On another once they fix this, which if by far the worst issue with ESO right now, I feel I should point out it's way to easy too make dumb forum discussions...#grammar sux
    Edited by overclocker303b14_ESO on June 30, 2017 10:15PM
  • angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree. ZOS should immediately stop everything they are working on and deal with this.

On another once they fix this, which if by far the worst issue with ESO right now, I feel I should point out it's way to easy too make dumb forum discussions...#grammar sux
    Yeah I guess your right!! Maybe I should have made another nerf sorc thread or any of the other over posted topics because they are so much more relevant. My bad!

• qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Massive amount of mats...
    Worth 10k MAX.

Too funny.
  •  Silent_Majority
    Agree, ought to be fixed
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

So there is a confirmation window for sure @Giles.floydub17_ESO ? Of all the mails I've gotten I always figured there wasn't. I wonder if maybe No Thank You is taking away the confirmation?

I am pretty sure I pressed it recently. I could be wrong though I am sure I have never accidently quit a guild so I doubt it is as easy as pressing one button.
  • ThePlayer
    ThePlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I left my own guild for mistake….they have to fix it, even the positions of all guildes you cant move….
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captchas, we need Captchas
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: This is necro post I already responded to, lol.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 25, 2018 11:51PM