Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warden's Arctic blast

Joshuagm1991
Joshuagm1991
✭✭✭
Does this scale from health? If so, I'm a little annoyed that isn't added in the description. Are these mechanica listed somewhere?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, tis bad no?
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 30, 2017 4:03PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both morphs scale with health.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Heal yourself for 10% of your max health". Says so on tooltip

This skill is gonna need a rework for sure, btw
    Edited by Tryxus on June 30, 2017 4:28PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

This skill is gonna need a rework for sure, btw

* for pvp

Buffing this for pve would be unnecessary imho; it's already very good.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the damage morph even do a decent amount?
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

No, not really. It's 2% of max health in damage every 2s. So if I have 50k max health, it ticks for about 1k base every 2s. If damage is what you care about, then this isn't the way to get it. It does, however, function very well as a soft taunt and can apply Minor Maim to enemies, and Minor Toughness to the tank.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Its ok in PvE but not good at all in PvP, and both of those are only with a lot of HP.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »

No, not really. It's 2% of max health in damage every 2s. So if I have 50k max health, it ticks for about 1k base every 2s. If damage is what you care about, then this isn't the way to get it. It does, however, function very well as a soft taunt and can apply Minor Maim to enemies, and Minor Toughness to the tank.

Minor toughness from Green heals or War Horn, unfortunately not Artic
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Actually you do get the minor Toughness from Arctic blast and polar wind, you or your ally just have to be damaged for it to proc, same goes with the Green Balanced heals actually.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually you do get the minor Toughness from Arctic blast and polar wind, you or your ally just have to be damaged for it to proc, same goes with the Green Balanced heals actually.

But... How? I believe you but I'm wondering why
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, as paul said it works from both morphs. Overhealing doesn't count though. But if you have even 1 hp more on one bar compared to the other, you can cast it and bar-swap (timing it to the 2s mark) and buff yourself out of combat.
    Edited by Autolycus on June 30, 2017 5:34PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, as paul said it works from both morphs.

But why? The green tree clearly states when healing with a green tree ability right?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, as paul said it works from both morphs.

But why? The green tree clearly states when healing with a green tree ability right?

Perhaps bugged. (It was changed). But it does work, confirmed.
    Edited by Autolycus on June 30, 2017 6:08PM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But... How? I believe you but I'm wondering why

Are you really "healing" if they are at full health? :tongue: I might be wrong but I think most heal procs, sets and abilities alike need you to be less than 100%, if not states otherwise like SPC of course.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht

Hss7se0.png

I think it was changed during BETA but I screenshoted that from in game just a few seconds ago.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht

Hss7se0.png

I think it was changed during BETA but I screenshoted that from in game just a few seconds ago.

Thanks paul, that makes sense. I don't remember last time I looked at it tbh I just knew it works! In an earlier post I was going to say "any" healing but couldn't remember why I thought that so I didn't in case I was mistaken. Now I know why I thought that lol
  • Joshuagm1991
    Joshuagm1991
    ✭✭✭
    Pardon me, I meant the damage morph, does the damage come from health?
    Regardless if it does a decent amount of damage another AoE Dot that heals helps and is worth this slot. Not to mention it would help proc Winterborn set bonus.

Thanks for the information this far!

I wish it scaled with magic damage.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pardon me, I meant the damage morph, does the damage come from health?
    Regardless if it does a decent amount of damage another AoE Dot that heals helps and is worth this slot. Not to mention it would help proc Winterborn set bonus.

Thanks for the information this far!

I wish it scaled with magic damage.

The Damage is based of health. The DoT is as strong as the HoT on you.
  • Joshuagm1991
    Joshuagm1991
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate the information. I'll just add force shock or something.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artic Blast heals can be improved from putting some champion points into Blessed for outgoing healing. It will at least show in tooltip an increase for heals in percent. More points into Quick Recovery might also help (for self heals).

As for damage it will procs Monster Sets like Valkyn Skoria from DoTs, so it is possible to get more out of this skills if one want to use it as heal/damage ability. It isn't meant to replace "true" direct heals like our Ulti, but to complement healing abilities from Warden (most have conditions or delays to trigger). As for champion points it might be useful to increase damage from Thaumaturge (DoT) so each tick will be stronger then base DoTs.