Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Woodworker master writ question

Astarana
Astarana
✭✭✭
I got a WW master writ to create "Ruby Ash Bow; Epic; Powered; Eyes of Mara; Trinimac". My character doesn't know Trinimac motif. My question is: do I need to learn Trinimac motif just for bows or do I need to get the whole motif book from Crown store for 5K? I am not going to get it for Crowns, but I'm not sure what other options I have.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can get it just for bows.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't spend Crowns for it, try a guild store, or you can run Wrothgar world boss or delve dailes to get a chance of Trinimac or Malcath patterns dropping from those bosses.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »
    Don't spend Crowns for it, try a guild store, or you can run Wrothgar world boss or delve dailes to get a chance of Trinimac or Malcath patterns dropping from those bosses.

^This.^

Taking a peek in the guild stores for the bow motif will certainly take less time than doing the Morkul Stronghold daily delve grind.

But, it's a nice looking motif (especially the light robe) ... so, time allowing, you could do the daily delves on as many characters as you want.

I did the dailies on eight (8) characters way back when Orsinium debuted. It took about three (3) weeks to get the full motif with some trading of motifs with other players.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 28, 2017 12:24AM
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dailies don't reward the motifs very frequently it seems in my more recent experience, but you only need the chapter for bows to complete that master writ. Of course, there will be others...
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trinimac drops in the delve dailies. .malacath drops from the world bosses.
  • Astarana
    Astarana
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for advice. Started doing both dailies in Wrothgar. Would not hurt to get both sets of motifs :). I have just one character so it will take some time, but I'm not in rush.
    Edited for spelling :)
    Edited by Astarana on June 28, 2017 2:04PM
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the traders, will be the fastest sure fire way to get it.
  • Didz
    Didz
    ✭✭
    I tend to do the round of Guild Traders hubs as part of my daily writ deliveries, so Craglorn, Greenshade, Alikr, Grahtwood, and faction start area, and I just have a favoured search that looks for any unknown motifs selling for a reasonable price. I usually pick up one or two every day.

If I was looking for a specific one for a Master Writ I'd probably head over to the Tamriel Trade Centre website and do a global search to identify which guilds stores are stocking it and then head directly to the cheapest one. I just hate farming so I'm happy to pay for motif's if i need them.
  • Astarana
    Astarana
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for advice @Diz but I'm on Xbox NA, I doubt that TTC will do me any good. But I do try to look for motifs every time I am at the guild trader in any area.
  • mexicutioner915
    It would be very nice to be able to get that data on xbox, sadly it is not available anywhere to my knowledge
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    ALWAYS BUY if you can. Sell what you get. If you try to do dailies for one item you will drive yourself NUTS!

Just how i play the game!