Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ash Cloud - Defensive buff needed

Kilandros
Kilandros
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Are there any plans to return a defensive mechanic to Dragonknight's Ash Cloud? Specifically, Cinder Storm. This skill used to operate as a PBAoE and granted the caster Miss Chance while standing inside and was a class-defining defensive ability. Around 1.6 (I think) Miss Chance was removed from the game, and Ash Cloud became a placeable ground DoT.

Eruption is fine as is. It's a good PvE/DPS morph, but the other morph, Cinder Storm, should have some of its original defensive mechanics restored.

For Cinder Storm I suggest the following changes:
1: No longer ground targetted, instead is cast at your feet
2: Reduced cost
3: While inside your Cinder Storm, you gain Major Evasion and all negative effects have their duration on you reduced by 20%

Edited by Kilandros on June 28, 2017 5:52PM
Invictus
Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

3: While inside your Cinder Storm, you gain Major Evasion and all negative effects have their duration on you reduced by 20%

AKA
    What it used to do back when it was used.

another idea i had:
    Major Heroism while standing in it.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Up
    Invictus
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

• theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest keeping it ground targeted, and granting minor evasion to all friendlies within it. Maybe the minor resistances as well, something along those lines. More group support would be more interesting than another personal source of major evasion imo.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd suggest keeping it ground targeted, and granting minor evasion to all friendlies within it. Maybe the minor resistances as well, something along those lines. More group support would be more interesting than another personal source of major evasion imo.

Negative. If you want ground targeted, stick with Eruption. Furthermore, Minor Evasion is not a significant Defensive buff. DKs NEED some of their defensive toolkit restored. Minor buffs and "meh" group utility will not cut it.
    Invictus

• GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind a stamina morph of it that drops acid rain - that would be really cool.
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    DKs NEED some of their defensive toolkit restored. Minor buffs and "meh" group utility will not cut it.

After watching a dk who runs 2hander backbar as a joke tank AA-hm axes indefinitely with little to no support, I find it hard to take that seriously.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DKs NEED some of their defensive toolkit restored. Minor buffs and "meh" group utility will not cut it.

After watching a dk who runs 2hander backbar as a joke tank AA-hm axes indefinitely with little to no support, I find it hard to take that seriously.

Go PvP sometime and get back to me.
    Invictus

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mDK is in a much better place than it was. One of the remaining things lacking is another defensive option available to the class other than blocking. Harness is really meh on solo DKs. I agree Cinder Storm is a really good candidate. I'm not a fan of RNG evasion, though. Minor Heroism I like better, but it's still block oriented. An aoe Minor Maim is an idea, perhaps?

A good damage aoe would be welcome as well. Inhale could get some tweaks to have a healing/tank centered morph like Deep Breath is now and the other morph be more damage with much less healing.

Oh yeah, and fix chains and a slight buff to wings. :)
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    mDK is in a much better place than it was. One of the remaining things lacking is another defensive option available to the class other than blocking. Harness is really meh on solo DKs. I agree Cinder Storm is a really good candidate. I'm not a fan of RNG evasion, though. Minor Heroism I like better, but it's still block oriented. An aoe Minor Maim is an idea, perhaps?

A good damage aoe would be welcome as well. Inhale could get some tweaks to have a healing/tank centered morph like Deep Breath is now and the other morph be more damage with much less healing.

Minor Maim is already on Choking Talons. Another option for Cinder Storm would be Minor Protection + Minor Vitality while standing in it.

Honestly if Cinder Storm were returned to a viable Defensive buff and Flames of Oblivion was returned to an AoE, mDK would be in a strong place.
    Invictus

• Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Are there any plans to return a defensive mechanic to Dragonknight's Ash Cloud? Specifically, Cinder Storm. This skill used to operate as a PBAoE and granted the caster Miss Chance while standing inside and was a class-defining defensive ability. Around 1.6 (I think) Miss Chance was removed from the game, and Ash Cloud became a placeable ground DoT.

Eruption is fine as is. It's a good PvE/DPS morph, but the other morph, Cinder Storm, should have some of its original defensive mechanics restored.

ZOSE PLS!
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    what MDK are not in a strong place?
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • ExcaliburESO
    ExcaliburESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say on activation u gain minor heroism and minor speed!
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say no to minor heroism since they probably get that from heroic slash along with minor maim. It could possibly function as a dk version of the Templar skill rune focus but instead give minor armor buffs as well as something else to make it worth using. Maybe minor evasion or minor protection. If they wanted it to be really unique make it cost stamina but give magika cost reduction when standing in it to help generate more stamina from igneous shield.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would say no to minor heroism since they probably get that from heroic slash along with minor maim. It could possibly function as a dk version of the Templar skill rune focus but instead give minor armor buffs as well as something else to make it worth using. Maybe minor evasion or minor protection. If they wanted it to be really unique make it cost stamina but give magika cost reduction when standing in it to help generate more stamina from igneous shield.

Magicka DK's aren't running heroic slash though, that's a stam DK thing.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Minor Maim is already on Choking Talons. Another option for Cinder Storm would be Minor Protection + Minor Vitality while standing in it.

Honestly if Cinder Storm were returned to a viable Defensive buff and Flames of Oblivion was returned to an AoE, mDK would be in a strong place.

Oh duh... yeah I forgot.

And I agree. But I still want Chains to be fixed; it's an amazingly good idea and useful skill that 50% of the time doesn't work. :(
    It could possibly function as a dk version of the Templar skill rune focus but instead give minor armor buffs as well as something else to make it worth using. Maybe minor evasion or minor protection. If they wanted it to be really unique make it cost stamina but give magika cost reduction when standing in it to help generate more stamina from igneous shield.

We already have Volatile Armor, which gives the major armor buffs. I personally wouldn't slot something just for Minor on top. And I frankly don't have any stamina to spare and wouldn't slot a skill that costs 4k stam. Running Tavas/Shuffle was different because you would get the stam back with Battle Roar.