Maintenance for the week of February 17:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 17
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – February 18, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – February 19, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – February 19, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
Tips to improve and re-work Battlegrounds...
I love the idea of this feature - but right now, it's broken and doesn't work. Even if you get in, the elite players are dominating and scaring off any newcomers. I know this, because all my guildies have played it just a few times and refuse to go back in there just to be cannon fodder... yes, they can "git gud" - but most are casual gamers that just want to have fun.
Here is a list of improvements that would SERIOUSLY make Battlegrounds "worth it" and more interesting for the many, and not just the few.
- Enable queuing as a 12 that would throw you into random teams. This will give guilds a lot of scope to organize fun events. How cool would this be to take your trial team into a battlegrounds after a particularly grueling trial run? Blow off some steam, and get to whack on each other in PVE gear with PVE set ups!!
- Rework "Capture the Flag". Its a nonsense play mode that is usually over in a shorter time than it took to queue. Have it so you have to defend the flags for a certain amount of time at home base etc. Give scores based upon time controlled the flags too.
- A ranking system is a must. You could easily base it upon the average of medals gained. This would encourage newer players to jump in and play BGs. No-one wants to go play to be cannon fodder for the expert PVPers. It would also mean the top players have more of a challenge too - being ranked alongside better players. You could also offer up a "ranked" and "unranked" match queue if people just want to bash dummies all day long.
- No team, battle royal free for all mode. Make it so stealth is disabled (like being in the radius of a guard in Abah's Watch - make stealthing impossible) and have a 12-man (or more) battle royal where the last man standing is the winner. To prevent health tanking, you could have it so a timer ticking caps or decreases health and health recovery in percentiles the longer the match goes on etc...
BGs are a cool concept - and I'm sure with tweeks and community support they will get better. Right now the queues and elitism surrounding them are dogging their existence. Great concept, terrible execution - but it's a starting point