I'm really sad that something already controversial has seen changes which are stacked even more against the consumer.
It really makes me sad that Zenimax/Bethesda/ZOS at whatever level this gets pushed have lost perspective of making games for their fans and care more about the money.
Hey, shouldn't be surprised I mean... paid mods right?
1. Make an apex reward an apex "coupon" that allows users to pick the apex item they want. The prices are so high that it's unlikely people grind past one apex mount anyway...just let players have the damn one they want, you already charged them like $100+ for,the damn thing.
2. If they must include garbage in the legendary category, make this a choice as well. Meaning ONLY ONE furnishing item, ot 3-4. Like make a Clavicus furnishing category. The first time you pull it, you can choose a statue or a tapestry or a banner. The second time, you can choose one of those again or trade for gems.
3. Collapse items into packs. Three eyeshadow rewards is ridiculous. Make this a pack of three eye shadows instead of three rewards.
4. Change exchange rates. Offer 50% gems for repeat items, and 25% gems for ANY item.
5. Fix RNG. No item should come up more than 20% of the time. Look at how pissed people are over the Nix...you're burning out your customer base.
6. Standardize reward tiers. For example, eye wear, hats and tattoos ALL stay in the 16 gem category, costumes in their own category and pets all in one. Discount one if it stinks, but no 100 gem flower hats.
I have to disagree with this thread about the new crown crates:
1) The OP suggested both Nix-Hounds are too common AND there are too many rewards preventing the earning of crown gems. If they did realise they had to try and offer a similar return on duplicates, surely having certain rewards more prevalent would be the way to go?
2) From my purchasing of 60 crates (at a cost of 20k crowns, which cost me £24 per 5500, meaning I paid £1.45 per crate, or $1.75 approximately). I also received 414 gems from my turn-ins which bought me a super awesome camel.
3) I did not receive a billion nix-hounds. I certainly didn't receive zero, but I don't feel in a system designed for GAMBLING that I received too many.
Crown Crates should be seen for what they are - a gamble. Like the billions of people on this planet who gamble every day and lose, getting frustrated is not going to help anyone. I think the suggestions regarding being able to turn in any reward you dont want for 25% of it's value is a positive one, as well as the potential Apex coupon system... but the rest is basically going "please stop making it a gamble."
Perhaps they need a big blazing sign telling people "YOU ARE GAMBLING, BE WARNED YOU WILL LIKELY BE DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE IT IS GAMBLING."