The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pricing

Duragon_Darko
Duragon_Darko
✭✭✭
How much do most of you charge to craft something for someone if they're not guildmates?
.... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as they supply mats, I don't charge.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. I would have thought that with no global auction houses, we could leverage some gold for our services.
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I would have thought that with no global auction houses, we could leverage some gold for our services.

You can as people will pay. I can't help you with pricing since I don't charge.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't do it often for people I don't know but unless it is CP160 gear I would only ask for them to supply rare trait or style stones if they wanted them. Breton style in divines is fine but if you want Celestial style in Nirnhoned, please provide the trait and style mats.

Trying to make gold out of crafting for people is a pain - they um and ah about the style, which pieces they want and what trait on which piece. Sometimes no amount of gold would compensate you for the time, effort and inconvenience involved.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use to have no trouble crafting for others without pay, but if you do something to take the time and effort to craft a nice set of armor for someone, it wasn't too much to ask if they just sent you a "Thank you!!". But after several occassions where no thanks at all was given, I decided it was time just to do crafting for my guildies. So next time someone does craft you a nice set of gear, be sure to say "Thanks!".
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't bother unless the amount of gold is enough for me to stop doing whatever I'm doing. Like, if I'm already in my questing mode or shopping or whatever I'm doing, then I'd rather just do that, then stop it to travel somewhere to craft and only get enough gold for a couple repair bills out of it.

I don't feel bad, because there are so many good guys out there who craft for thank you or for a couple thousand gold per piece tip.

p.s. If you're looking for a crafter with lots of traits or specific rare styles or whatever and can't find one -- maybe I (or another one, I'm sure I can't be alone) just don't bother replying to your post :) Do mention the tip, and do say what it is to get crafters interested. Just an advice.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know it's a pain to craft for others. I will only offer for sets that the crafting place is convenient and I tend to go there often (and in that case it's usually only for lowbies, and I'll make it up to green for them, and I'll supply all the mats).

If I want something made I will only ask for a few (usually one single) exact item and will supply mats if I'm asking. F'rinstance I love the Trinimac shield, don't have that motif page yet, and so every few levels I'll ask if there is anyone willing to make a Hundings/Trinimac if I supply the mats.

Usually works out okay.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Generally speaking, I don't charge anything if they supply the material. With one exception in the last year, everyone tips just fine without me asking for it or specifying a price.

I don't know why daily writs aren't actually real player's requests, put in to some queue, rather than some bogus gold-sink. From a role-playing perspective, I could care less about helping a cause in Cyrodiil, lol.
    Edited by Reivax on June 15, 2017 3:35PM
  • TiberiousAldis
    Could someone craft me heavy daggerfall covenant armor
    Tiberious Aldis
    Grand Master
    The Knights of Corinthia
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/EU pricing:
    5k-10k a piece, 10k-20k rare styles - if the costumer provides all the materials.
    25k-100k or more - if the costumer does not provide the materials.
    upgraded items cost additional
    free if costumer is a cute low level pantless noob wearing rags & a random heavy khajiit helmet. Upgrade it to green and put enchantment on because the noob will probably mess that up :p

Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on June 23, 2017 8:32AM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still surprises me how many players that have been here from day one that still can't craft even a basic set
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still surprises me how many players that have been here from day one that still can't craft even a basic set

It actually pays off timewise. I mean I'm a 9 trait master crafter in all crafts .....yet I buy from other crafters to avoid having to gather ingredients, travel to set stations etc.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a single gold piece. Often though the person will want to be my "Friend" so they can continue the crafting relationship. This I don't do because it almost always ends up with them constantly asking for free sets as they level.
    Edited by Trinity_Is_My_Name on June 23, 2017 4:48PM
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    people that craft for randoms for free are sad. so eager to be the "hero". just like irl people dont respect a person that doesn't value their time.
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    20K with mats/ 100K no Mats. I'll sometime ask for more, as it has to be worth my time!
    $ up front as am not going to stop what am doing with out coin and mats.

most guys (group member i roll few times a week with) i craft for send me mats all the time so items set / gpyh / food / drink/ potion / poisons / ambrosa when they ask.

Guild Members i craft for free, and most time they send a 5K TIP.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't charge for crafting, but I do charge for mats. I urge people that ask me to craft to get the addon tiny dogs crafting calculator so that they can put together their order and recognize what the price will be. If not I'll plug the order into the addon and let them know what I need for mats, or gold.

Tinydogs crafting calculator will pull the price of mats from the addon Master Merchant if they have that addon also.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos