Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This is either a BUG or a SCAM. You decide, ZOS.

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
There is a reddit thread going on right now about the new crown crates. NUMEROUS people have reported recieving the same exact item, bal foyen nix hound, in an ABSURD amount of crates. Reported numbers include 6/15, 9/15, 10/15, 12/15. Here on the forums, there are already several posts including one in this sub where someone claims to have gotten 15/15 of them.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Can we get a ping as to whether or not this is intended? I personally planned on purchasing up to 30 crates, but will not be spending a penny until this is confirmed as a bug, OR not at all if it is confirmed to be intentional.
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the nix hound like 12 times out of 30 crates...... twice in one row
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    1 out of 2 crates.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol "Bug." Someone call the Pun Patrol.

Seriously, though, it's a nightmare. I don't even wanna try and get the drop-exclusive mounts if one of my cards is guaranteed to always be useless. Someone needs to fix their loot table, asap.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • oddavi
    oddavi
    ✭✭✭
    6 times...out of 15
    Edited by oddavi on June 22, 2017 7:04PM
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    The amount of duplicates are insane this season. I got only 4 new items from my 2nd 15, 3 from the 3rd, and only 2 from the 4th. 20k crowns and not a single apex or hidden reward. Odds were nerfed to hell.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a firm budget this time....I can't spend more than 12k crowns....and I lost count after 7 Nix Hounds....kinda sad.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wasn't counting TBH but I got enough that it was noticeably higher than anything else dropping.

And since they have the mods already closing threads on this one you can draw your own conclusions....
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Stump
    Stump
    ✭✭✭
    2 crates and i got it twice. buzz-nix-hounds-hix-hounds-everywhere.jpg
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, if ZOS closes this thread and doesn't address the Nix hound by the end of today, they can kiss my sub (2 years standing) goodbye as well as any future purchases of crown crates/crowns I might have made. I may be willing to buy into an RNG gambling system, but I will not continue to do so when the Odds are either getting increasingly worse due to dev input (common tactic in gambling scenarios like this, across multiple games), OR while the system is bugged.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • barbas
    barbas
    Soul Shriven
    15 Crates, received the hound like 8 times. Also the season is crap, I thought they'd have more dwemer stuff, like a face mask yet only have one of the variations in the season I can buy with gems and it's the ugly af one. But how about those 3 lethal poison packs. I had around 3 of those
    Edited by barbas on June 22, 2017 7:37PM
  • Rokushakubo
    Rokushakubo
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm not going to bother with crates until this is addressed.
  • Arrchangell
    Arrchangell
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, i got it in 4 out 10 crates -.-
  • Hetaira
    Hetaira
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite was the crate I got TWO hounds in the same round.
  • Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guess I got lucky... 2/15.
    PC EU
  • SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I opened 18 and got 240 gems from dupes and burning Garbo drops lmao
    Edited by SirGabenOfSteamia on June 22, 2017 9:27PM
    And so, Akatosh revealed himself to a young Gaben, and granted him purpose.
    "Grant them Steam sales," he commanded.
    And obey, he did.
  • SpookyPickle
    SpookyPickle
    ✭✭✭
    Not buying crates until this addressed as with many others. These numbers are stupid. I hope they find a way to compensate everyone who purchased mass amounts of these Nyx Crates.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not buying crates until this addressed as with many others. These numbers are stupid. I hope they find a way to compensate everyone who purchased mass amounts of these Nyx Crates.

lol maybe Nyx Crates were going to be next season and they got released early by mistake.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Yeah, if ZOS closes this thread and doesn't address the Nix hound by the end of today, they can kiss my sub (2 years standing) goodbye as well as any future purchases of crown crates/crowns I might have made. I may be willing to buy into an RNG gambling system, but I will not continue to do so when the Odds are either getting increasingly worse due to dev input (common tactic in gambling scenarios like this, across multiple games), OR while the system is bugged.

They're not going to close this thread, but I doubt they'll respond that fast unless you can get Gina's attention (and pinging her doesn't help much... she gets a lot of pings).

Not saying you're wrong. It's disappointing, and I'm going to be holding off on buying crates until I see this addressed. I'm just saying that you should be realistic in how quickly you expect them to turn it around.

In the meantime, everyone should report this as a /bug. The more reports they get, the faster it will come to someone's attention.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on June 22, 2017 9:43PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Compensate? Who? Zos? Where? LOL
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even when it was just people opening the free crate that came with Morrowind pre-purchases the incredibly high drop rate for Nix Hounds was noticeable (I got 2 out of 2 crates - 1 EU and 1 NA), but it was hard to tell if it was really that unusual because we didn't have any info on the drop rates or even a full list of the contents.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »

"1 free resplendent sweetroll for everyone who bought more than 10 crown crates"
    And so, Akatosh revealed himself to a young Gaben, and granted him purpose.
    "Grant them Steam sales," he commanded.
    And obey, he did.
  • SpookyPickle
    SpookyPickle
    ✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »

Fair enough haha just my wishful thinking for those who unfortunately wasted an insane amount of crowns for an army of Nyx hounds.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a boatload of nix hounds and half a boat full of those damned dwarven brow guards. :/
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the difference when it references this game?
    Edited by grim_tactics on June 22, 2017 10:54PM
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to buy more, the numbers will improve.

It's pretty easy these days to get more credit, so get the CC out babe, dont be cheap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_mzgLA-df4
    Edited by Malic on June 22, 2017 11:02PM
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    5/15 here.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Russia we call it "Korean random", random distribution with pronounced "clusterization" effect. "Korean" because it frequently occurs in Korean MMOs... and, well, in TES: Online, I guess. Nasty distribution! Shoo! Give us a normal one! Gauss be praised!
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • RomansXXI
    RomansXXI
    ✭✭✭
    I thought extra cards were supposed to contain a legendary or apex reward now? I got 6 extra cards and all superior rewards.

I can also confirm that out of 30 crates I got 17 nix hounds. Also didn't get a single apex reward and only a single legendary. Last crown crate season out of 30 crates I got 3 apex and many legendary and hardly any duplicate items. Were these crates reverted to pre atronach crate release stats? I am very annoyed that I spent 11000 crowns on nix hounds and potions.
    Edited by RomansXXI on June 23, 2017 12:01AM
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really glad I didnt buy any Clown Crates today
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really glad I didnt buy any Clown Crates today

Wish I could say the same. I want a refund but that'll never happen. Yes it's rng gambling but this crate season is by far the worst of any of them. Almost to the point of stealing.
    Edited by grim_tactics on June 23, 2017 12:13AM