Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I simply cannot decide which class to play. [CLOSED]

asa67dragoneb17_ESO
WARNING: WALL OF TEXT

Things I like:
– Soloing difficult and group content
– DPS
– Occasionally Tanking
– Engaging playstyle with active skills
– When in doubt I prefer sustain over burst

Weapons I like:
– Sword without offhand( not an option in this game....sadly )
– Bow
– Dual Wield Swords
– Pistol ( Again, not in this game )

Things I don’t like:
– simple playstyles which consist of spamming the same ability over and over
– playing as a Healer in group Settings, I very much prefer dps or " in worst case scenario " tanking.

Weapons I don’t like.
– Staves
– Two-Hands( mainly because of attack speed )
– Axes
Hammers ( Hate )
– Spears
Shields ( Hate )

I’d prefer imperial race.

Things I tried:

1. Archer Nightblade
+ Ranged
+ Sneaky
– don’t really like the dps output, couldn`t do content solo even on 15lvl with up to date gear and potions. overall just did not “klick”

2. Stamina Sorcerer
+ Mobility
+ Not bad DPS
– seems to get a huge down slide after a while( Rotation of skills is " rock solid ", so after a while it`s just spamming same thing over and over and over and over again in every battle )

3. Stamina DK
+ can do decent DPS and at same time be tanky
+ " Get over here " skill
– Spikes " backpack "
– mobility?

4. Magic Templar
+ can be good dps with decent self heal
+ very good solo class
– lack of mobility
– doesn’t feel really engaging, just healing yourself and spamming javs.
– All skills are too " Divine ", not in my taste.

5. Summoner Sorcerer
+ Pokemon Master
+ Fun to play on low levels
– Starts to be weak/ sometimes even useless in mid game.
– Nobody interested taking him to dungeons.

6. Stamina Nightblade
+ Good burst damage
– Useless 2.5s stealth
– Gameplay tied with " stealth attacks " too much.
– Overall gameplay lack something...I just don`t feel fully comfortable.

Please help me out in my dilemma. I simply can`t choose anyone that I will enjoy...Always drop characters mid way. I really want to enjoy this game.

P.S. Please don`t suggest me new Warden class. I`m currently unemployed, so i can`t afford buying Morrowind.
Edited by asa67dragoneb17_ESO on July 8, 2017 5:26PM
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    maybe you want to try this http://esoacademy.com/builds/blademaster-2-0-morrowind-update/
    It is a dragonknight with two handed/bow.
    Or go to http://www.eso-skillfactory.com/en/find/ and search for a build that matches with your peferences.
  • asa67dragoneb17_ESO
    maybe you want to try this http://esoacademy.com/builds/blademaster-2-0-morrowind-update/
    It is a dragonknight with two handed/bow.
    Or go to http://www.eso-skillfactory.com/en/find/ and search for a build that matches with your peferences.

Like I said above, DK didn`t go my way. Mostly because how " buffs " look.. I simply can`t stop doing facepalm on " spike backpack ". And like I said 2-hands isn`t my thing. since I cant buff attack speed here.

Right now I`m trying to do something with nightblade again. I like his black-red animations, so only left to do...is figure out what is going to work.
    But combining heavy armor with night blade is a hassle. haha.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're spamming the same skill over and over on any class you're doing it wrong. On my stamina sorc I get one or two Rapid Strikes in before I need to recast my DoTs.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kirito_render_1_by_sudoku55668-d6qcl35.png
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    5. Summoner Sorcerer
    + Pokemon Master

I'm not convinced that we are playing the same game.

CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, did you try out stamina Warden? It is not greatest class ever, but has interesting skills, can be made into tank, has some nice tools for sustain and survivability, while you can use dual wield and bow. Since you hate axes, you can dual wield sword and dagger or even better, two daggers for PvE or two swords for PvP. Warden as a class has skill for mobility as well.

If you want BiS class, it is sSorc or sDK, depending on what you do (PvP/PvE wise), or mSorc if you want to play as magicka.
    Since you want to make an Imperial, stamina is way to go.
  • asa67dragoneb17_ESO
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Well, did you try out stamina Warden? It is not greatest class ever, but has interesting skills, can be made into tank, has some nice tools for sustain and survivability, while you can use dual wield and bow. Since you hate axes, you can dual wield sword and dagger or even better, two daggers for PvE or two swords for PvP. Warden as a class has skill for mobility as well.

Don`t wanna be rude. But I said in " P.S ". Warden is not an option. As currently unemployed, I kinda don`t have " free " 70 euro.

Enslaved wrote: »
    If you want BiS class, it is sSorc or sDK, depending on what you do (PvP/PvE wise), or mSorc if you want to play as magicka.
    Since you want to make an Imperial, stamina is way to go.

Tried sSorc, gameplay kinda got boring really fast. Buff myself, send dot, spam Tornado...mobs died. Sometimes poke enemy with rapid strike.

sDK just didn't work out. Animations are not in my taste, and well...if you go into combat, you have to see those animations, dont you agree. Hardly someone can enjoy playing the game, while looking on things he doesn`t want to look.
    I'm not convinced that we are playing the same game.

Well, maybe diffrent servers, but when I tried full summoner build, I got kicked from 7/10 dungeons, after 2-3 fights with trash.( I didn't die, run infront of tank, harass in chat. So only logical reason was...my build) gg

Right now trying to make something fun with nightblade...it`s kinda hard to make something interesting and working at same time >.>
    Edited by asa67dragoneb17_ESO on June 22, 2017 1:43PM
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WARNING: WALL OF TEXT

Things I like:
    – Soloing difficult and group content
    – DPS
    – Occasionally Tanking
    – Engaging playstyle with active skills
    – When in doubt I prefer sustain over burst

Weapons I like:
    – Sword without offhand( not an option in this game....sadly )
    – Bow
    – Dual Wield Swords
    – Pistol ( Again, not in this game )

Things I don’t like:
    – simple playstyles which consist of spamming the same ability over and over
    – playing as a Healer in group Settings, I very much prefer dps or " in worst case scenario " tanking.

Weapons I don’t like.
    – Staves
    – Two-Hands( mainly because of attack speed )
    – Axes
    Hammers ( Hate )
    – Spears
    Shields ( Hate )

I’d prefer imperial race.

Things I tried:

1. Archer Nightblade
    + Ranged
    + Sneaky
    – don’t really like the dps output, couldn`t do content solo even on 15lvl with up to date gear and potions. overall just did not “klick”

2. Stamina Sorcerer
    + Mobility
    + Not bad DPS
    – seems to get a huge down slide after a while( Rotation of skills is " rock solid ", so after a while it`s just spamming same thing over and over and over and over again in every battle )

3. Stamina DK
    + can do decent DPS and at same time be tanky
    + " Get over here " skill
    – Spikes " backpack "
    – mobility?

4. Magic Templar
    + can be good dps with decent self heal
    + very good solo class
    – lack of mobility
    – doesn’t feel really engaging, just healing yourself and spamming javs.
    – All skills are too " Divine ", not in my taste.

5. Summoner Sorcerer
    + Pokemon Master

6. Stamina Nightblade
    + Good burst damage
    – Useless 2.5s stealth
    – Gameplay tied with " stealth attacks " too much.
    – Overall gameplay lack something...I just don`t feel fully comfortable.

Please help me out in my dilemma. I simply can`t choose anyone that I will enjoy...Always drop characters mid way. I really want to enjoy this game.

P.S. Please don`t suggest me new Warden class. I`m currently unemployed, so i can`t afford buying Morrowind.

You should think about using 2H weapons and prefer Axes for bleeding effects too..

Then i think you should play Stamina Nightblade or Stamina Dragonknight. With a good build, both classes have amazing playstyles.
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a stamina DK, OP. Sustained damage, can tank (if you change the build of course), imperial is not a bad race for it.

Stam sorc - won't be as good if you decide to tank. Magicka templar - well, you won't be using dual wield and bow :)