Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Zenimax versus their customers - The Morrowind Edition

Agrivar
Agrivar
✭✭✭
Like many players, I was excited for the release of Morrowind. Enough to pre-order the physical collector's edition from Amazon as soon as it was available - something I *never* do. Fast forward to early-access - I used the appropriate form to submit a copy of my Amazon receipt and was granted access to Morrowind. Jump ahead again to actual launch day - got home from work to discover that Amazon had royally effed up and sent me the PS4 collector's edition, instead of the PC edition I ordered. Attempted to resolve this via Amazon, but to no avail; PC physical collector's editions were sold out. Then attempted to contact Zenimax, to see if they could perhaps take my incorrect code and just apply the chapter to my account on their end, but there is no way to get past the "pick a topic" section of support for this particular problem. Fine, moved on again, now trying to find a kind soul on Reddit who may have the opposite problem who'd be willing to trade codes. Strike Three!

By now I've given up on getting satisfaction from Amazon and had resigned myself to just purchasing the digital collector's edition directly from the online store.... but, I needed to wait until today because I was traveling and couldn't deal with it until I was back at home. While still en route yesterday I got the dreaded "This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your ESO Plus™ membership" email that many others received. Tried to log into my account, but it was suspended?!? Now I was REALLY confused.

So then today I get this:

"Thank you for reaching out to us about your account. Our records show that this account has been deactivated as a result of not applying a valid Morrowind game code. This account has been notified on multiple occasions that we required a Morrowind Collector's Edition code to be redeemed on the account, and as a result of this code not being redeemed, the account has been turned off.

However, we are willing to make a one-time exception and have reactivated this account pending further investigation. You should be able to enter Morrowind with no further issues. Thank you for your understanding.

Have fun in Tamriel!"

Ok so far, all of this makes sense - despite the poor handling of the situation AND the fact that they could have just rescinded my Morrowind access - and thus I buy the digital CE upgrade and apply it to my account. Everything seems ok. Heck, I even reactivated my ESO+ for another 6 months despite the bad taste in my mouth.

Having gone through all of this though, I decided to explain the situation to ZOS. I typed a nice reply and sent it off to the email address listed in my contact from ZOS *and* listed in the email header as the reply-to address.

This is my reply:

"Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to CSVIP@zenimax.com because the address couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again."

SERIOUSLY ZOS?!?! Get your dang act together!

Sincerely,

One-heck-of-a-disgruntled Customer.

P.S. For the record, the only reason I'm still a customer is that I literally just convinced some RL friends to check out ESO and I can't ditch them after they've each shelled out for the base game + Morrowind.

P.P.S. - someone should really fix the typo in the automated email. It's "canceled," not "cancelled."
PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That royally blows . We've had a few threads on it and your situation looks unique and even more of a problem then some others have had today .
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like most of your issues are with Amazon, not ZOS. If ZOS had not offered early access you would still be waiting for Morrowind from Amazon.

ZOS did mess up on the account issue but you got caught up with others due to people abusing the early access.

I would open a ticket about swapping your code for PC version and keep politely replying to keep it open till it gets to someone that can give you a response one way or the other.

Otherwise return to Amazon and get digital version. It would have been better for ZOS to have only done digital and sold the physical extras separately.

Finally, either spelling of cancelled is acceptable.
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's rough. The more I read, the more I get the feeling the system wasn't ready for a smooth transition between early access and launch, let alone how they would handle things if a retailer didn't come through. Like you and many others said, it would have been fairer to just rescind access to the expansion itself while waiting for a code to show up.
  • Agrivar
    Agrivar
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like most of your issues are with Amazon, not ZOS. If ZOS had not offered early access you would still be waiting for Morrowind from Amazon.

ZOS did mess up on the account issue but you got caught up with others due to people abusing the early access.

I would open a ticket about swapping your code for PC version and keep politely replying to keep it open till it gets to someone that can give you a response one way or the other.

Otherwise return to Amazon and get digital version. It would have been better for ZOS to have only done digital and sold the physical extras separately.

You must have missed the part where I already gave in and purchased the digital CE code. I am completely aware that original fault lies entirely with Amazon, but this does not mitigate the poor customer service from Zenimax. For the love of Akatosh, their customer service email account is borked and won't accept replies!
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, that sucks. Hope it's all worked out soon.

Gonna have to cancel your cancelation of the word cancelled though. Both are correct.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can·cel
    ˈkansəl/
    verb
    past tense: cancelled; past participle: cancelled

Canceled or cancelled is the past tense of the verb to cancel. Both spellings are correct; Americans favor canceled (one L), while cancelled (two Ls) is preferred in British English and other dialects. However, there is only one correct spelling of the word cancellation, no matter where you are.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Never pre-order from AMAZON... I learned my lesson the hard way.
  • Agrivar
    Agrivar
    ✭✭✭
    Jeebus, gotta love the internet! I write out a long, detailed missive regarding my poor experiences with Zenimax' customer service machine - with the note about the spelling issue tacked onto the end half-jokingly - and not one but two people see fit to respond to that over the meat of the post. I'm in America, and so is ZOS. Canceled is the "preferred" spelling here. It would be the only spelling if we were as *** as the French (with their Académie française dictating the language) but we're more accepting of wacky British spellings. It was a joke. Get over it.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agrivar wrote: »
    Jeebus, gotta love the internet! I write out a long, detailed missive regarding my poor experiences with Zenimax' customer service machine - with the note about the spelling issue tacked onto the end half-jokingly - and not one but two people see fit to respond to that over the meat of the post. I'm in America, and so is ZOS. Canceled is the "preferred" spelling here. It would be the only spelling if we were as *** as the French (with their Académie française dictating the language) but we're more accepting of wacky British spellings. It was a joke. Get over it.

Well yah, that's because we've adequately expressed our outrage over Zeni's handling of the situation over 8 pages in this thread:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/353953/unable-to-log-in-to-game-site-or-support/p1

The only thing new you brought to the table was spelling snark. o:)
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Agrivar
    Agrivar
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Well yah, that's because we've adequately expressed our outrage over Zeni's handling of the situation over 8 pages in this thread:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/353953/unable-to-log-in-to-game-site-or-support/p1

The only thing new you brought to the table was spelling snark. o:)

Oh, so glad to learn that YOU speak for everyone. Perhaps YOU'VE adequately expressed your outrage, but I ain't even half done yet.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because it's the preferred spelling doesn't mean people can't use it. Also, maybe the email template was written by a Bosmer.
    Edited by Sigtric on June 21, 2017 6:38AM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Chuey72
    Chuey72
    Soul Shriven
    I think it's ridiculous that the "Morrowind DLC" - as it is NOW being called - is only USABLE by 1 player profile on my system (XBox One), unlike ANY other DLC for ANY other game that I have... which IS SHARED by ALL player profiles on my system.

Oh, AND Custome Service STATED I would HAVE TO buy ANOTHER COPY of Morrowind for EACH player profile on my system, in order for them to play Morrowind!?!
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    Chuey72 wrote: »
    I think it's ridiculous that the "Morrowind DLC" - as it is NOW being called - is only USABLE by 1 player profile on my system (XBox One), unlike ANY other DLC for ANY other game that I have... which IS SHARED by ALL player profiles on my system.

Oh, AND Custome Service STATED I would HAVE TO buy ANOTHER COPY of Morrowind for EACH player profile on my system, in order for them to play Morrowind!?!

Welcome on board :) There are people who can;t play it at all for that reason :)
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's cause it is not a DLC. If it was a DLC it would have been sold as such and would be available in the crown store. As it is not a DLC, each account/player profile needs to own a copy.
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    Rhoric wrote: »

That's cause it is not a DLC. If it was a DLC it would have been sold as such and would be available in the crown store. As it is not a DLC, each account/player profile needs to own a copy.

All zenimax dlcs are account-locked. Be it Thieves Guild or Orsinium.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aishsha wrote: »

I know that. I was responding to the person who said Morrowind is a DLC when it isn't
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    aishsha wrote: »

I know that. I was responding to the person who said Morrowind is a DLC when it isn't

The point is that it actually is. Considering the fact that the Morrowind physical version is as physical as Gold Edition.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much....I get why people want phys items to collect but from my experiences, there's no freaking way I'd buy anything other than digital from Xbox....or directly from ZOS' site
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Ehefkae
    Ehefkae
    ✭✭
    Ack, sorry to hear you're having this issue, Agrivar. I'll make sure you don't get kicked from TD while this is being sorted out. :D Hopefully you're back in game soon!
    Tenacious Deals - The only trade guild that will rock your socks off!