Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Considering returning after 7 month break

Haquor
Haquor
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

A bit of backstory:

I haven't played since November and was considering returning to try out morrowind and the warden class. I had 10 maxed and geared (all pve/pvp skill lines maxed, vma weapons and all monster sets etc) characters before November and I deleted them ALL back in January or so. I was just super bored and sick of grinding for gear etc and didn't intend to come back at that point. My focus was drawn into getting the perfect trait or that extra set instead of just playing and enjoying content/dungeons/pvp/quests etc.

So it would be a fresh start (with anything in my account bank I guess if that still exists) which is kinda cool since I somewhat enjoy making new characters.

I'm wondering do you guys think coming back to the current game and expansion to play the new class be enjoyable? Did anyone else come back after a long break from game and find it enjoyable again?

And any significant game/mechanic changes other than housing that had a positive or negative impact in the last few months?

Thanks for any responses!
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Warden is pretty cool and perfect if you're trying to play more casually and less min/max. The story content in Vvardenfell is high quality and the island itself is beautiful. It's easy to just wander around looking at stuff. I'm leveling a Warden, having really only dedicated myself to one toon. I also decided not to outfit him with training gear, etc. but just treat it as a sort of fresh start, and its been a lot of fun so far.

In terms of mechanics changes, the big one is that many forms of resource regeneration were nerfed with Morrowind, so you'll want to be more aware of your resource pool and use Heavy Attacks to gain resources as necessary. Honestly, this makes combat more dynamic and demanding since you can't just sit there using skills endlessly without thought of your resources.

For PvP, the new Battlegrounds are cool but still going through some growing pains. Since you've got to start fresh, it will be a while before you'll want to try those out. Personally, I love BGs.

Hope this helps!
    Edited by dpencil1 on June 19, 2017 5:45AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ressource change is the big one. You need to pay more attention to your magicka/stamina than before as it runs out much quicker. Old builds need to adapt.

The cp changed , we now have more CP for resistance and direct damage.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is still a grind...for everything. Want better gear with a specific trait? Grind for it...RNG will eventually give you what you want. Want gold? Grind the guild merchant for items to sell. Want to buy that specific item? Grind the guild merchant for that item to buy. Want that achievement? Grind the quests to get it. Want that dye color? Grind the achievements to get it.

...and so on...
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is still a grind...for everything. Want better gear with a specific trait? Grind for it...RNG will eventually give you what you want. Want gold? Grind the guild merchant for items to sell. Want to buy that specific item? Grind the guild merchant for that item to buy. Want that achievement? Grind the quests to get it. Want that dye color? Grind the achievements to get it.

...and so on...

This is basically why i left the game. Hopefully this time im content with crafted gear and content.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »

This is basically why i left the game. Hopefully this time im content with crafted gear and content.

It's the same then...you'll probably be frustrated quickly. Unless you can come to terms with it. The content of Morrowind is fun the first time through -- although I've had it finished twice on two different Wardens before early access was finished on the PC. There is not a lot to it -- you won't be spending weeks doing the content unless you take your time.

As to crafted gear - it's great for the beginner...but there are so many better dropped gear items that if you really want to maximize your character's potential, you need to grind or buy the sets off the guild merchants. But, crafted gear is a good way to start.

My advice: if you have the itch to play...scratch it and come back for a month...
    Edited by drakhan2002_ESO on June 19, 2017 12:08PM