Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS - Prosperous and training from pledge VET? :S

Juli'St
Juli'St
✭✭✭✭
Stuffs 'prosperous' or 'training', after a hard Dungeon...

ZOS, this is a JOKE, a bad joke? :(

...And most hilarious or cruel, I did 3 dungeons today, a prosperous head monster, another training and, after a pledge, I received a prosperous from the box.

ZOS is being terribly cruel to its customers.
Edited by Juli'St on June 19, 2017 12:54AM
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juli'St wrote: »

I feel your pain, man. I've been cursing ZOS/dev in silence every time I get those same purple pieces in master chests; with treasure hunter mode on, mind you.. Ok, damn, I'm having a bad flashback; am cursing ZOS/dev in silence again.
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... 'is a stimulus' to make more dungeons ... WAIT... :s
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed it is ridiculous.
    Most of us have given up complaining about it, because ZOS never comment on it even though is a well known frustration to group content.

They should just change the names of the traits from Prosperous & Training to Preposterous and Trolling to more reflect their usefulness and desirability.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think they should just get rid of training,prosperous and charged altogether.Just 7 traits. Probably would have too many scrubs crying though.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a bit sad when I saw that "Rewards of the Worthy" email attachments now (since Morrowind patch) include prosperous & training traits! Coz like... what players want is PVP gear with prosperous or training :/ Then I realised I just didn't care any more about collecting new gear sets & vendored/deconstructed the lot.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...And most hilarious or cruel, I did 3 dungeons today, a prosperous head monster, another training and, after a pledge, I received a prosperous from the box.

WELCOME TO ZOS' PLAYGROUND
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really do agree, did an icp run yesterday and all I got was scathing and sheer venom with training trait :angry: I would have been satisfied with a scathing sash with infused or reinforced but got it in training, hell prosperous is better as that gives gold.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, remove prosperous and training for monster sets, it's stupid.
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Juli'St on June 19, 2017 5:45AM
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »
    They should just change the names of the traits from Prosperous & Training to Preposterous and Trolling to more reflect their usefulness and desirability.

There's an app a mod for that.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have been saying this for ages.... but apparantly ZOS feels that prosperous and training haver a place in endgame loot... shows how disconnected they are with their own game... @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what if I want BIS for my stam nightblade crafter ?

P.S. Nerf Sorcs
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• malchior
    malchior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Opened 3 Master chests these couple of weeks and all 3 gave me TRAINING trait item.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think they should just get rid of training,prosperous and charged altogether.Just 7 traits. Probably would have too many scrubs crying though.

Training is a great trait for leveling. But on endgame gear...yeah...

It seems it's their solution to the loot tables - we used to only get "good"(lol) traits but that was when we were not guaranteed a monster helm nor a shoulder, and there wasn't trading within the group either. I remember it taking me ~50 runs to get EG helm in ANY weight and trait(was sturdy which reduced the rate at which armor degraded back then...lol). You could also go 10 chests without a single shoulder. Then they added trading and made the droprate 100% - but added the bad traits back in to dilute the loot tables. They don't want us to grind gear too fast because the carrot on the stick keeps people playing.

Personally I stopped caring for monster sets traits that much. Yes I'll run with infused shoulder and impen helm in PvE because I'm too lazy to grind a better one. I'll live with the -300 dps it'll cost me. It's still a lot better than the old system I'd say. I do wish they'd remove training/prosp from endgame loot(I also feel like they're not just part of the table but that the system is heavily biased towards those 2 traits...) but I highly doubt that'll ever happen :/
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    But what if I want BIS for my stam nightblade crafter ?

P.S. Nerf Sorcs

rofl. need that BIS gear for my endgame training build, bro
  • wolfxspice
    wolfxspice
    ✭✭✭
    even though i agree with you, my friend told me when CoA2 first came out he had to run it 93 times to get his first helm, and it took me 40 runs to get my first, and the undaunted chests only had a 50% chance to drop a helm, the current system is put in place to give players a goal to work towards, but still let them complete a set. that all being said, their are things ZoS could do to make things more rewarding, and prevent things from feeling unfair.
    I'm a casual now
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the grind
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolfxspice wrote: »
    even though i agree with you, my friend told me when CoA2 first came out he had to run it 93 times to get his first helm, and it took me 40 runs to get my first, and the undaunted chests only had a 50% chance to drop a helm, the current system is put in place to give players a goal to work towards, but still let them complete a set. that all being said, their are things ZoS could do to make things more rewarding, and prevent things from feeling unfair.

imagine Crandle, hard... we need make many times to know mechanic...and, at last, on final - after 20 or more runs... 'prosperous' with 7% - SEVEN?!? - like a 'bonus'...

CRUEL!
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been suggested many times but if your cp160 then the useless traits should be removed.

Training
    Proserous
    Charged

etc... They're all useless at that level.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has been suggested many times but if your cp160 then the useless traits should be removed.

Training
    Proserous
    Charged

You should know what a VMA/Charged lightning staff is good for, right? @leepalmer95

Also; I remember when the SOTH DLC was fresh the devs talking about removing training and prosperous from vet dungeon content..not a priority clearly.
    Edited by FlyLionel on June 19, 2017 5:32PM
    The Flyers
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭

Training
    Proserous
    Charged

I had the exact thought last night but thought perhaps making those traits only attainable via crafted sets...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a different issue with pledge chests. I don't often get training or prosperous, I get the same pieces over and over. I don't know how many heavy divines Selene shoulders I have gotten.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• overclocker303b14_ESO
    I'd be ok with removing the 'bad' traits but would rather see the worthless gear (ie. a spriggans inferno staff) get removed from the game.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care for prosperous or training, but that doesn't mean I believe they should be removed. Maybe someone out there is running around in gold prosperous sets making a ton of gold farming. Training is very useful for those below CP cap. The point being that just because a trait exists that 99% of people don't like doesn't mean it should be removed. Yes, its annoying and makes the grind longer, but in the end there needs to be traits that are far outside the meta, for those builds that use them. That being said, there should be some sort of token system to make it more reasonable.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be ok with removing the 'bad' traits but would rather see the worthless gear (ie. a spriggans inferno staff) get removed from the game.

I dont support this..."worthless" gear may have no use to you...but maybe someone wants to build a hybrid stam/magicka build and this is a critical piece for him, it should certainly be available.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

RNGeezus demands you to do more offerings next time, the bloody ones are prefered!!

Maybe you get sturdy next time :smiley:

(sorry for sarcasm ;), but I am with you in this, it is tragicomical how this works!!)
    Edited by altemriel on June 19, 2017 7:40PM
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

RNGeezus demands you to do more offerings next time, the bloody ones are prefered!!

Maybe you get sturdy next time :smiley:

(sorry for sarcasm ;), but I am with you in this, it is tragicomical how this works!!)

lol

2 runs today, 1 reiforced and other...errrr... prosperous... how work this distribution? probably: 70% chance to take a prosperous, training x 1% chance to take a imp, 20% any trash, 9% divine/infuse.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remove the traits from the coding. Quite a simple solution.
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    Amen bro
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This one was thinking, why they add prosperous or training there :smiley:
    This one was wondering, as khajiit she thinks she is already really prosperous and had really much training already :smiley:

With fine thought
    Maoimii