The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZOS - Prosperous and training from pledge VET? :S

• Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Google, hear my prayer!" HNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!

aoiEpbc.png

Voila :D
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Training is a great trait for leveling. But on endgame gear...yeah...
    Wut? Endgame training gear is great for the CP grind ...
    shades.gif
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Training i don't mind, always helpful, i was happy when i got back in game after 2 years away, i was happy to grab 2x Training grothdarr to go with my training julianos gear to grind up CP from 170-561 before Homstead was coming out in skyreach. :)
    Edited by Insandros on June 19, 2017 10:35PM
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Personally I think they should just get rid of training,prosperous and charged altogether.Just 7 traits. Probably would have too many scrubs crying though.

Training is a great trait for leveling. But on endgame gear...yeah...

It seems it's their solution to the loot tables - we used to only get "good"(lol) traits but that was when we were not guaranteed a monster helm nor a shoulder, and there wasn't trading within the group either. I remember it taking me ~50 runs to get EG helm in ANY weight and trait(was sturdy which reduced the rate at which armor degraded back then...lol). You could also go 10 chests without a single shoulder. Then they added trading and made the droprate 100% - but added the bad traits back in to dilute the loot tables. They don't want us to grind gear too fast because the carrot on the stick keeps people playing.

Personally I stopped caring for monster sets traits that much. Yes I'll run with infused shoulder and impen helm in PvE because I'm too lazy to grind a better one. I'll live with the -300 dps it'll cost me. It's still a lot better than the old system I'd say. I do wish they'd remove training/prosp from endgame loot(I also feel like they're not just part of the table but that the system is heavily biased towards those 2 traits...) but I highly doubt that'll ever happen :/

Man, the old grind was real for monster helms. vCoA back in the day sucked. What sucked even more is you may run it a half dozen times and, still not get a helm. Then if you did you still had RnGesus against you on the trait.

Sure prosperous and training traits suck, but it is still far easier grinding out monster helms now days compared to back then.
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    "Google, hear my prayer!" HNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!

aoiEpbc.png

Voila :D

hahahahahaha... people make crap... :smiley:

Edited by Juli'St on June 20, 2017 10:53AM
  • BulletCraft86
    BulletCraft86
    ✭✭
    Although i Entirely understand and feel your pain. People might want training gear set to level up there cp beyond cp160, Prosperous gear set for trash/mob killing for gold farming. I think the drop rate sound be 11% for all traits equally.

I think some of the new players may not realise

but monster helms never used to drop every time and not for everyone.

2 years ago i ran over 120 Veteran Darkshade caverns to acquire the Engine guardian monster helm before i finally got a reinforced helm, which wasnt what i would have liked but was thankful i finally got one... i would have killed for a prosperous or training helm just to use the set until i got a good one drop.. you dont know how lucky we have it now..

on top of that you never used to be able to trade those monster sets.. they were bound on pickup..!!!!

there is 4 helms that drop EVERY vet dungeon just ask one of your group members if they got a better trait they are willing to give away or charge for.. II for one have multipul helms of every type in various traits and if you were running with me and i got my 3 or 4 divines helm id have no problem trading it if u asked nicely as it feels good to give

Anyways just putting it into perspective

Bullet
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    I don't care for prosperous or training, but that doesn't mean I believe they should be removed. Maybe someone out there is running around in gold prosperous sets making a ton of gold farming. Training is very useful for those below CP cap.
    @josiahva , no one is farming with a training monster sets on...no one. Training serves zero purpose after CP160. It doesn't serve much purpose after L50, tbh. If you want a training set, there are a dozen other ways to get one.
    The point being that just because a trait exists that 99% of people don't like doesn't mean it should be removed. Yes, its annoying and makes the grind longer, but in the end there needs to be traits that are far outside the meta, for those builds that use them. That being said, there should be some sort of token system to make it more reasonable.
    You are absolutely correct, but the drop rate for traits 99% of the people don't use should be closer to 1%.

That way if you still, for some unknown reason, want a training piece in a set you already have to grind, you have your very slight chance to get one.

We'll see if people still feel the same once they've rolled over to cp160+.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Neophyte
    Neophyte
    ✭✭✭
    I often think there is a bug when u spend 2 undaunted keys on the same chest and get the same shoulder piece with the same trait
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been suggested many times but if your cp160 then the useless traits should be removed.

Training
    Proserous
    Charged

etc... They're all useless at that level.

Ever played "Off-balance" MagDK?? Charged is BiS for some builds. Charged is not a useless trait for endgame gear. Training and prosperous are something different though.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care for prosperous or training, but that doesn't mean I believe they should be removed. Maybe someone out there is running around in gold prosperous sets making a ton of gold farming. Training is very useful for those below CP cap.
    @josiahva , no one is farming with a training monster sets on...no one. Training serves zero purpose after CP160. It doesn't serve much purpose after L50, tbh. If you want a training set, there are a dozen other ways to get one.
    The point being that just because a trait exists that 99% of people don't like doesn't mean it should be removed. Yes, its annoying and makes the grind longer, but in the end there needs to be traits that are far outside the meta, for those builds that use them. That being said, there should be some sort of token system to make it more reasonable.
    You are absolutely correct, but the drop rate for traits 99% of the people don't use should be closer to 1%.

That way if you still, for some unknown reason, want a training piece in a set you already have to grind, you have your very slight chance to get one.

Wrong, training is good all the way up to CP cap(630 currently). I do think there needs to be some type of token system, decon 100 pieces of purple gear to get one trait change token, etc though so if one doesnt want that particular trait it still has some value. If someone is serious about using training sets, they want ever single piece they can carry to be training, monster helm or no. You sometimes see this in devoted new players you have just reached cp160 and want to catch up with the rest of their guild ASAP. They are however not wearing training gear during runs that depend on higher DPS, just to grind, do dungeons, etc.
    Edited by josiahva on June 21, 2017 4:00PM
  • Jaazer
    Jaazer

Wrong, training is good all the way up to CP cap(630 currently). I do think there needs to be some type of token system, decon 100 pieces of purple gear to get one trait change token, etc though so if one doesnt want that particular trait it still has some value. If someone is serious about using training sets, they want ever single piece they can carry to be training, monster helm or no. You sometimes see this in devoted new players you have just reached cp160 and want to catch up with the rest of their guild ASAP. They are however not wearing training gear during runs that depend on higher DPS, just to grind, do dungeons, etc.

If you want prosperous or training use crafted sets. I totally agree that prosperous and training should be removed from end game gear drops.

• Roovin
    Roovin
    ✭✭✭
    Ehh, guaranteed drops are just as bad. Gotta be some form of RNG involved.
  • Jaazer
    Jaazer
    Roovin wrote: »
    Ehh, guaranteed drops are just as bad. Gotta be some form of RNG involved.

Removing prosperous and training does not guarantee you anything other than you will not get prosperous or training. There is still a lot of RNG involved to get the armor piece you want with the trait that you want.
  • Robisok74
    Robisok74
    ✭✭✭
    Been trying to get Krahgs gear for weeks in divines. I have managed to get head in light and medium, after about 60 runs but the only Shoulders have been prosperous. I have dusted off my tank and healer just for when FG1 is the pledge, very frustrating :(