Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How do pets work? also how does dungeon finder work?

peteed1985
So I queue'd for a normal random dungeon and got a group in progress that was having issues on a boss that looked like a robot spider and group said when it turns green we had to pull 4 levers. Thing is I have a pet Clannfear and even though I never attacked my pet ran off into the distance and attacked boss. Does it do that if I enter combat? Like could the new person that joined after me of pulled and when that happened my pet ran in?

Anyway group kicked me after the one wipe but I never zoned out instead after a loading screen when I was kicked from that group I ended up in another group at the start of a dungeon called Ruins of Mazzatun yet I only queue'd the once. Does being kicked from a group normally zone you right into another without the need to requeue or wait?
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your group is in combat, your pet will go fight whether you attack something or not. Your pet will not start a fight on its own accord, though if you are close to a mob it may sense you and attack.

Honestly, what you describe about going straight into another group is very strange. Not sure what happened, but no, that is not normal. You should have been ported back to where you were before entering the first dungeon.

Also, if you are going to do group content, the Clannfear is not a good choice. It is a tanking pet, which can cause issues for your group's actual tank. Clannfear is great for playing solo, but switch it for something else in group content. If you feel like you need to be able to heal yourself, use the Twilight Matriarch. But really, if you are using Power Surge and putting Empowered/Hardened Ward up whenever you take damage, you won't need any extra healing. In that case, I'd put Inner Light on your front bar and some other utility skill on your back bar. Or if you want more dps, switch from Cannfear to Volatile Familiar. The activated ability for the Familiar is very strong.