The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

You will not be getting my crowns for that horrible telvanni tower

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Really zos? you ignored countless feedback on the flesh towers being ugly to look at. We told you all you all to retexture the towers so it doesn't look like the worm cult infiltrated the telvanni and made towers out of flesh atronochs. You will not be getting my money this time even though I wanted a telvanni tower
  • Ariotar
    Ariotar
    ✭✭✭
    People overreact about this IMO. I like the new design
    Proud AD for life
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give the Telvanni some time to refine their 'Shroom magic. If you wait a few hundred years, maybe you can buy one in TES III that looks like what you want? :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main disappointment is how small the top tower room is. Other than that, it's a sizeable place and I love the three private rooms on the first level. About time we had some rooms with doors on em!
    PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
    Options
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    Really zos? you ignored countless feedback on the flesh towers being ugly to look at. We told you all you all to retexture the towers so it doesn't look like the worm cult infiltrated the telvanni and made towers out of flesh atronochs. You will not be getting my money this time even though I wanted a telvanni tower

Thanks for letting us know.
    Options
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad to hear that ! Really who cares !
    Options
  • MasturCheef
    MasturCheef
    ✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »

MoTeets wrote: »

Just what I'm thinkin. Calm your milkbags, OP.

I really like my new Telvanni Home, the price was also very reasonable compared to other notable homes. Thank you, Zenimax!

Oh, and btw: ZOS will never change the outside textures of Tel Galen, now that it's purchasable. Or of all the other Telvanni towers. Just to let you know
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rather like it.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also have feelings about things!
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your welcome

I can screenshot my poll from the forums swit

I really like my new Telvanni Home, the price was also very reasonable compared to other notable homes. Thank you, Zenimax!

Oh, and btw: ZOS will never change the outside textures of Tel Galen, now that it's purchasable. Or of all the other Telvanni towers. Just to let you know

Sadly they wont, but the majority hate it and doesn't resemble the original at all
    Options
  • MasturCheef
    MasturCheef
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the real majority is silent and just bought this beautiful tower. I could be wrong tho, nobody really knows. But it's very unlikely that I'm wrong :smile:
    Edited by MasturCheef on June 15, 2017 7:37PM
    Options
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your welcome

Sadly they wont, but the majority hate it and doesn't resemble the original at all

Honeslty, the majority of players don't post or visit the forums. I'm sure tons of people have bought this.

Not for me though - its not the look that bothers me but how small it is. The top floor is a waste and could be taken out completely.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the real majority is silent and just bought this beautiful tower. I could be wrong tho, nobody really knows. But it's very unlikely that I'm wrong :smile:

enjoy your flesh towers then
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your welcome

Honeslty, the majority of players don't post or visit the forums. I'm sure tons of people have bought this.

Not for me though - its not the look that bothers me but how small it is. The top floor is a waste and could be taken out completely.

The zone chat and my guild chats were outraged by that floor and the way the textures look
    Options
  • MasturCheef
    MasturCheef
    ✭✭✭

enjoy your flesh towers then

Oh, I will. Like all the other people who bought it and voted with their wallets for this awesome rampant growing mushroom-tower ;)

The zone chat and my guild chats were outraged by that floor and the way the textures look

I feel sorry for you and all the other poor fellas who get so upset about the size and texture of a virtual home in a videogame. :'(
    Options
  • Ariotar
    Ariotar
    ✭✭✭
    I spent all day decorating mine. I'm loving it. I used the top floor as a trophy room to show off collectibles and other cool stuff.
    Proud AD for life
    Options
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭

Your welcome

It is not supposed to look like the original in TES III. Watch the ESO Live from the last week in May. The Lore guru for ESO is on there and explains why the tower looks this way.

At it is about 300 years before TES III, they are building the foundations with brick and the spores are growing around it creating the structure to a point the brick foundation is no longer needed. In 300 years it will have grown to what they look like in TES III .....

Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »

Your welcome

It is not supposed to look like the original in TES III. Watch the ESO Live from the last week in May. The Lore guru for ESO is on there and explains why the tower looks this way.

At it is about 300 years before TES III, they are building the foundations with brick and the spores are growing around it creating the structure to a point the brick foundation is no longer needed. In 300 years it will have grown to what they look like in TES III .....

I don't care about the stone structures, I care that the mushroom is ugly
    Options
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭

Your welcome

This fine, we all have our opinions ..... clearly is it not something ZOS is going to change even with the comments during PST, once Morrowind went live as they released it just as they intended .....

They explained why on ESO live why it looks this way and not a mushroom like TES III. Appears they will be sticking with their original decision regardless if it is right or wrong .....

Edited by Balibe on June 16, 2017 2:41AM
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your welcome

This fine, we all have our opinions ..... clearly is it not something ZOS is going to change even with the comments during PST, once Morrowind went live as they released it just as they intended .....

They explained why on ESO live why it looks this way and appear to be sticking with their original decision .....

They explained why the towers had stone foundations, not why they want with their decision to create towers that look like the worm cult infiltrated the telvanni. It won't be changed now since there is players who have bought the house with real money and like the disgusting look.
    Options
  • Ariotar
    Ariotar
    ✭✭✭

Your welcome

They explained why on ESO live why it looks this way and appear to be sticking with their original decision .....

They explained why the towers had stone foundations, not why they want with their decision to create towers that look like the worm cult infiltrated the telvanni. It won't be changed now since there is players who have bought the house with real money and like the disgusting look.

Such hostility... there are many things in the crown store and there will be many in the future. If you don't like this one, skip it and save your crowns for something else. It's not worth fighting over.
    Proud AD for life
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ariotar wrote: »

Your welcome

Such hostility... there are many things in the crown store and there will be many in the future. If you don't like this one, skip it and save your crowns for something else. It's not worth fighting over.

Many players wanted a telvanni tower since housing was announced and me included. I along with others will vote with our wallets... you can't simply tell me to move on when one of the most iconic architecture of the original morrowind was butchered. I feel that went with this design because players would think that the original telvanni towers resemble bosmer pics when in reality bosmer pods resemble telvanni towers. Anyway one of the homes I have wanted since a long time ago ill skip over due to the art direction zos decided to go in.
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 16, 2017 2:51AM
    Options
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭

Your welcome

It is not an argument, it is a discussion. Clearly they are not happy with the look. I did not say I was happy either. All I did was try to explain ZOS's thinking on why it looks this way as they stated on ESO Live a few weeks ago ........

Below are some comments from ESO Live, they are not exact quotes but the words are close to what they said. Anyone can start watching at 00:28:00 for the start of the tower lore discussion. It was the May 26th ESO Live .....

..... they like to live in giant mushrooms

..... in TES III, they are giant mushroom towers

..... they built a shell/tower then the mushrooms grows and becomes the overall tower

..... once the mushroom is all grown, you can remove the foundation assuming you can still find it sticking out from the fungus

We are clearly 300+ years before TES III, they have stated this and stated they did not want the Morrowind release to be just like TES III. There another ESO Live earlier where they state this .....

So I see why the tower does not look like TES III regardless if it looks good or bad. It appears a fungus is still growing on the tower and in the process of creating the mushroom tower we all know from TES III .....

In 300+ years we may be able to purchase the tower we want from TES III in the crown store. It will not benefit us but our descendants, so make sure you leave some crown in your will for them .....

Options
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fleshy design and aesthetic is one thing, but where are the smaller pods, protruding from the main root? Or the sprawling, intricate walkways/bridges?

The whole thing just felt very lazy, and lacked attention to detail. Very underwhelming, especially when compared to the very iconic and loved Telvanni structures we all knew and loved from TES3.

Felt like they just kind of mailed it in and didn't give it the love it deserved. Shame because a properly done Telvanni housing with more effort could have been really spectacular and special.
    Edited by Vehlir on June 16, 2017 6:22AM
    Options
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vehlir wrote: »
    The whole thing just felt very lazy, and lacked attention to detail. Very underwhelming, especially when compared to the very iconic and loved Telvanni structures we all knew and loved from TES3

Maybe the issue is ZOS did not state clear enough for everyone that the ESO Morrowind release was not the same as TES III that everyone knows and loves .....

They did discuss this in an ESO Live that ESO Morrowind takes place 300+ years before TES III and it would look different that TES III for a reason and the structures are not built up to the time frame of TES III .....

They even stated in the May 26th ESO Live that the structures look like they are being constructed to show it is before TES III where places haven't been fully constructed yet.....
    Options
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭

That. The majority of players are probably similar to me, rarely if at all hitting forums, and just enjoying what's there silently without raising a ruckus. Especially with this game being on consoles, I imagine many console players like myself not getting as mixed into forums as the PC players, who, judging from two years of occasional forum involvement, appear to sometimes be a little more critical of things.
    Options
  • MasturCheef
    MasturCheef
    ✭✭✭

Your welcome

Many players wanted a telvanni tower since housing was announced and me included. I along with others will vote with our wallets... you can't simply tell me to move on when one of the most iconic architecture of the original morrowind was butchered. I feel that went with this design because players would think that the original telvanni towers resemble bosmer pics when in reality bosmer pods resemble telvanni towers. Anyway one of the homes I have wanted since a long time ago ill skip over due to the art direction zos decided to go in.

71bf4186f2fd86fe7990f814bb956dd6d77d68ee46e6de9d981f02268d87422f.jpg

You will never get it, right? Alot of people already voted with their wallets... And bought Tel Galen. You just make a fool out of yourself if you keep complaining. It's not like I'm bored of your behaviour and narrow minded opinion, it's actually pretty entertaining to me. Just saying.

They will not change the tower, as long as there are people like me who bought it and praise ZOS for it on the forums, I wonder why you keep trying.

Your welcome

The original design wasn't butchered, it's a wonderful interpretation. Now move on :p
    Edited by MasturCheef on June 16, 2017 12:11PM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vehlir wrote: »
    The fleshy design and aesthetic is one thing, but where are the smaller pods, protruding from the main root? Or the sprawling, intricate walkways/bridges?

The Telvanni are still working on how to do the walkways. You can see this in ESO, if you go looking for it.

I think that one of the cool things about ESO Morrowind is that it really extends backwards the fact that the Telvanni are engrossed in research that changes things. Everywhere else in Tamriel, we are locked in some strange suspended animation where people change things, but they never really change anything.

So, here we are, 800 years in the past, and the Telvanni have not perfected structural mushrooms. We know that they will. That makes TES III: Morrowind even more special, because now we know more about the Telvanni and what they had to do in order to get those towers. Looking at it from TES III, it is hard to imagine that those mushroom towers and bridges were not always there. Kudos to the ZOS design team for looking past that and envisioning how those towers came to be.

Personally, I am fine with the rough, primitive towers of ESO. I would only change one thing. I would make the color less "fleshy". Basically, I would look at touching up some of the reddish looking vertical parts. Maybe make them more "ash" colored.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy how different the forum reaction is here than it is in your other thread about Tel Galen. Perhaps because of the tone of your post?

Anyway, I was always going to purchase this thing, because one of my characters grew up Telvanni. I'll still agree with you that I'm disappointed that this is the direction they went with it, and I definitely understand the people who aren't going to buy it because of that. Flesh-colored was a weird choice, unless they were specifically going for the disgust factor.

But I've found that adding a couple giant mushrooms helps a lot with the exterior:

TG22.png
    TG26.png

The beauty of housing is that it's highly customizable, with a little creativity. Not saying you're wrong to give it a pass if you don't want it, just that there are other options, too.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on June 16, 2017 1:24PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your welcome

You will never get it, right? Alot of people already voted with their wallets... And bought Tel Galen. You just make a fool out of yourself if you keep complaining. It's not like I'm bored of your behaviour and narrow minded opinion, it's actually pretty entertaining to me. Just saying.

They will not change the tower, as long as there are people like me who bought it and praise ZOS for it on the forums, I wonder why you keep trying.

Your welcome

The original design wasn't butchered, it's a wonderful interpretation. Now move on :p

Ok m8, I am not making a fool out of myself it's just the tone of my thread attracts white knights. I'm glad you enjoy your flesh tower but I have a right to be angry just like you have a right to be happy. I opened with hostility towards zos and it's like you all felt it was an attack toward you all. Luckily my thread in the general forums has far more like minded individuals and the crown forums isn't a place that really visit.
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 16, 2017 3:50PM
    Options
  • MasturCheef
    MasturCheef
    ✭✭✭

Your welcome

Your welcome

Ok m8, I am not making a fool out of myself it's just the tone of my thread atttracts white knights. I'm glad you enjoy your flesh tower but I have a right to be angry just like you have a right to be happy.

One last try to explain it to you:

You have a right to be angry in silence. But you decide to open several threads on the forums just to moan about some textures on a virtual item, which won't change anyway. Additionally it isn't even the overall opinion that you are trying to spread, your constant whining is just pointless.
    Move on, at least you saved some crowns.
    Options