Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CTF

PeggymoeXD
PeggymoeXD
✭✭✭✭
Get rid of it or disable potions. Or at least allow us to pick the mode we want to play. This one sucks.
Kitty DK

Vanguärd
Învictus
Sun's Death
EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it but it is true immovable potions are kind of a deal breaker there
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Either that or give picking up relics a cast timer. There is no point in defending if the enemy has cc immunity. It's literally just a game of speedy nb's and stam sorcs running as fast as they can.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »
    Either that or give picking up relics a cast timer. There is no point in defending if the enemy has cc immunity. It's literally just a game of speedy nb's and stam sorcs running as fast as they can.

This.

I like the mode. There is a good amount of strategy that rewards smart play.

But, I'm a Stamplar Orc. It is too easy for me to cap flags. All it takes is...

1. Swap to Bow
    2. Walk up to it
    3. Pick It up
    4. Dodge roll out of trouble and apply major expedition
    5. Super speed sprint back to my base with it

I don't even need immovable bots. Extended ritual/break free can keep me moving just fine. The only time this doesn't work is if I start the process with very low stam and there is a lot of resistance.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • AnteCoyote
    AnteCoyote
    ✭✭✭

I thought about that, and it's kind of *** that you can just touch it and be on your way, but if there was a cast timer you could interrupt, tanks would just sit on the scroll bashing all day. Maybe if you couldn't be bashed out of the cast if you are already CC-immune, it would work. It'll give people the opportunity to kill you rather than making it impossible to pick up a relic being camped by a tank, but still give the tank a chance for at least one interrupt.
    Aldmeri Dominion -J'Ualizz - Siphons-Spirits - S'Renrij - Byz Only Sweeps - Winds-Roots
    Daggerfall Covenant - Lucky Lakhim
    North America
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AnteCoyote wrote: »

I thought about that, and it's kind of *** that you can just touch it and be on your way, but if there was a cast timer you could interrupt, tanks would just sit on the scroll bashing all day. Maybe if you couldn't be bashed out of the cast if you are already CC-immune, it would work. It'll give people the opportunity to kill you rather than making it impossible to pick up a relic being camped by a tank, but still give the tank a chance for at least one interrupt.

No need for the interrupt. Just give it a pickup time. Gives the defenders time to apply snares/CCs or just beat on the flag runner for a second.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • raknorok
    raknorok
    ✭✭✭
    The healing and shield debuff needs to go and be replaced with taking increasing damage the longer you hold onto a relic. The way the debuff works now it is unfair to damage shield users.
    the Rambunctious
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I think just a pickup timer and this game mode would be a lot more enjoyable.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disabling potions would effectively eliminate Templars from helping. My invis + speed potions, as well as my immovable potions are invaluable to my contributions to my team.

Don't hate on people who have thought outside the box. Rather, try to think of ways to help your team that don't make sense for your archetype. I'll never be a nightblade but for 15.7 seconds my Magplar can pretend well enough. Then it's just a 200 yard run with rapid manuevers while I spam breath of life and Harness Magicka.
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disabling potions would effectively eliminate Templars from helping. My invis + speed potions, as well as my immovable potions are invaluable to my contributions to my team.

Don't hate on people who have thought outside the box. Rather, try to think of ways to help your team that don't make sense for your archetype. I'll never be a nightblade but for 15.7 seconds my Magplar can pretend well enough. Then it's just a 200 yard run with rapid manuevers while I spam breath of life and Harness Magicka.

I stopped reading when you addressed using speed/immov pots in CTF as "thinking outside the box"
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

• Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate CTF. Mainly because there is a bug if you dodge roll into an enemy flag you prevent any negative effects the flag gives you. This includes being able to use mist form + cloak + streak while carrying the flag. @ZOS_GinaBruno have you guys seen that yet? It honestly makes CTF a waste of time as teams doing this don't fight at all and have no counter play to stop them from capping.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    I hate CTF. Mainly because there is a bug if you dodge roll into an enemy flag you prevent any negative effects the flag gives you. This includes being able to use mist form + cloak + streak while carrying the flag. @ZOS_GinaBruno have you guys seen that yet? It honestly makes CTF a waste of time as teams doing this don't fight at all and have no counter play to stop them from capping.

Hmm ...
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the most stupid mode in the entire BG. I can't believe anyone thought it would be a good idea to touch-and-go. What am I supposed to do against immovable pot swallowers that tend to be record runners or some ultra tanky guy with snb ultimate?
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Remember all those heals that were coded as dodgeable for like the first year of the game?

Well now we know what code they recycled for the relic debuff.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can stop speedrunners from capturing by taking their flag and holding it. Speed means nothing if you cannot cap.
    "Adapt. or Die."