Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Advice on Magicka Templar Build

lettuceleaf
lettuceleaf
Soul Shriven
Can someone help lead me in the right direction with building my character, I'm level 27. I've put all attributes on magicka, my main is sword and board and offhand is destruction staff. For a while i felt really strong (still sort of do) until around level 24+ and i feel like my health is really low.

1. What armour should I be using and with what enchantments?
2. What skills are best to unlock?
3. Should I swap my main and offhand?

Any other tips would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What do you primarily want to do with this character? PvP? Dungeons? Trials? Just some questing and exploration?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone help lead me in the right direction with building my character, I'm level 27. I've put all attributes on magicka, my main is sword and board and offhand is destruction staff. For a while i felt really strong (still sort of do) until around level 24+ and i feel like my health is really low.

1: Armor pieces--> 5 light, 1 medium, 1heavy or tankier 5 heavy, 1 light, 1medium, but first is better choose; Damagebuilds get more rewarded then defensive builds in this game. Start with selfcrafted gear. Juwelry random with max magicka is a good start together with selfcrafted gear. 5 part Kagrenacs and few parts Magnus oder Torugs are good starter setups. I think best combination to play is destro- and healingstaff. You need 1 staff to sustain better with heavy attacks. When you like dual wield or 1H+shield more, its a good choose too.

2. The first skills you need are puncturing sweep and honor the dead! For leveling you also should have reflective light. This all are allready the morphed versions of that skills. You dont need much more then this skills. All other are optional to level that skills. This 3 are the first Templarskills too, so you can also have this startersetup very fast. Later you can show for some vMSA builds, they are allways a great choose between damage and survivalbility.
    Important to have are the templarfocus (morph is your choose), the ritual of retribution, purifying light, Entropy (mages guild), inner light (mages guild), Destroult and comet (mages guild)

3. Use what you prefer. For me best choose is Destro- and Healingstaff. The healingstaffskill rapid regeneration and the healingstaffult are great too.

I hope this was insightful.
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • lettuceleaf
    lettuceleaf
    Soul Shriven
    DeHei wrote: »

1: Armor pieces--> 5 light, 1 medium, 1heavy or tankier 5 heavy, 1 light, 1medium, but first is better choose; Damagebuilds get more rewarded then defensive builds in this game. Start with selfcrafted gear. Juwelry random with max magicka is a good start together with selfcrafted gear. 5 part Kagrenacs and few parts Magnus oder Torugs are good starter setups. I think best combination to play is destro- and healingstaff. You need 1 staff to sustain better with heavy attacks. When you like dual wield or 1H+shield more, its a good choose too.

2. The first skills you need are puncturing sweep and honor the dead! For leveling you also should have reflective light. This all are allready the morphed versions of that skills. You dont need much more then this skills. All other are optional to level that skills. This 3 are the first Templarskills too, so you can also have this startersetup very fast. Later you can show for some vMSA builds, they are allways a great choose between damage and survivalbility.
    Important to have are the templarfocus (morph is your choose), the ritual of retribution, purifying light, Entropy (mages guild), inner light (mages guild), Destroult and comet (mages guild)

3. Use what you prefer. For me best choose is Destro- and Healingstaff. The healingstaffskill rapid regeneration and the healingstaffult are great too.

I hope this was insightful.

Damn, yeah that exactly what i was looking for i think ill start doing destruction staff as my main from now on and ive already got most of those skills there are a few i need to work towards.. Thanks tho really helpful