Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rage quit kills BG

StereoLiz
StereoLiz
✭✭✭
Typical situation in last couple days: After 2-3 minutes after BG round starts one team is obviously loosing in score and 1 or 2 players in this team rage qiut. When there is only 1 player left in this team, everybody gets message "not enough players" and get kicked from BG without chance to see final score, complete bg quest and receive medals for leaderboard. Yesterday this happened to me 4 times in row. Its very frustrating and seems unfair to me. I just waisted the half of my evening for nothing. Yes, I know that people who rage qiut gets 20 minutes penalty, but I think it's not enough punishment for ruining the game for another players. Also I understand that if penalty will be harder people who doesn't mean to rage qiut (random disconnect, for example) will suffer.
I don't have easy solution to propose, but maybe consider at least option to see final score and receive medals.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it happened to me several times when I had 15+ kills in deathmatch. Not sure if it counts towards your stats at that point.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    Probably wouldnt happen so often if they fixed group/solo queue.

Today I managed to get a 4v2v2 against a premade group of 4 which of course stayed close together and were impossible to kill.

The other team raged quit and that is how many bgs are like atm.
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    I afraid rage quit will be more often when ZOS fix finder. Nowdays its hard to meet premade group actually. They stuck in queue or give up. After the fix there will be a lot more premade groups and a lot more unbalanced fights. I don't want working qroup queue to be honest :D
    Edited by StereoLiz on June 14, 2017 11:49AM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They need to remove the mechanic that disbands the whole thing because one person is solo. A match should never start with a 4v2v1. However, you can still get medals and rewards for finishing the match, which is probably half over by the time these cowards quit anyways.

Let them abandon me, but allow the rest of the teams and I to finish. The current mechanic gives leverage to "me first" rage quitters they don't deserve.

Seriously, you're better off refusing to fight and chilling in your base instead of quitting and wrecking the experience for everybody else.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    They need to remove the mechanic that disbands the whole thing because one person is solo. A match should never start with a 4v2v1. However, you can still get medals and rewards for finishing the match, which is probably half over by the time these cowards quit anyways.

Let them abandon me, but allow the rest of the teams and I to finish. The current mechanic gives leverage to "me first" rage quitters they don't deserve.

Seriously, you're better off refusing to fight and chilling in your base instead of quitting and wrecking the experience for everybody else.

So you actually thinks anyone wanna spend 15 min in their own base because of premade groups?

Until they fix the balance in team there will be rage quitters
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AAbrigo wrote: »

So you actually thinks anyone wanna spend 15 min in their own base because of premade groups?

I stayed in my own base when it became 1v2v4. Not gonna get ran over by 4 players chasing me around the map
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I agree that the symptom of rage quitters killing matches is not what needs fixing, but the underlying imbalance of team compositions at the start of the match. A match simply should not start until there are 4 people on every team. Don't they all have to do a ready check before you're teleported to the arena anyway?
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, consider it as a punishment to those who queue as a premade group :) especially high ranks just getting AP and their ego rubbed killing newbies.

I'll hope this will discourage them so we can finally queue solo and actually get an even fight every now and then.

But seriously though, what do you want to happen? For players to just be okay that someone is having fun killing them again and again and again when they can't even fight back? Or for such behavior to be rewarded and encouraged? Like, what exactly do you reward - 4 people in teamspeak killing 1 or 2 solo players?
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that when all but 1 player quits those who remain in the game should either be allowed to finish or should still receive their rewards and points if the match had been completed. I am not so certain that it has to do with imbalance at the beginning or not. I qued with a guildie and we ended up in a 2v4v4. We expected the worse because we were the 2 person team but went for it anyways. We were winning and killing the other 2 groups - they left the match and we got transported out getting nothing for fighting out numbered.
    Is it premade groups fault? I don't believe so it is like comparing fighting in cyrodiil against a guild group when you are in a pug group or running solo but there is a group of players around you. I have been on the receiving end of that too. I have come to chalk it up as they have their group synergies down and in comms, where I am not at that point. Is it discouraging? Yes. Should we ban groups altogether or penalize them? No.
    Just my opinion. For the record I solo que or group que with 2 or 3 majority of the time.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StereoLiz wrote: »
    I just waisted the half of my evening for nothing.
    That seems highly unlikely ...
    shades.gif
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭

Artis wrote: »
    Well, consider it as a punishment to those who queue as a premade group :)

As I said in first post it happens to me 4 times and all 4 times I was solo and other teams to be pugs (or pretty potato premades). Actually I queue only solo - me and my friends don't want to stay in queue for 1,5 hours with no result. And 3 times it was even fights - 2x2x2. So not premade group is the reason for rage quit, but losing.
    For players to just be okay that someone is having fun killing them again and again and again when they can't even fight back?

What are you talking about? Its pvp! The same thing happens in Cyro every day. Of course, someone is stronger, someone is weaker, someone is more expiriences, more prepared. Grand overlord will allways kill tyro, isn't it obvious for everyone who hit "join queue" button?
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    One thing I do notice is people dont always stick together, you cant just all run off in your own damn directions and expect to win 1v4. It's a team effort.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    I agree that when all but 1 player quits those who remain in the game should either be allowed to finish or should still receive their rewards and points if the match had been completed. I am not so certain that it has to do with imbalance at the beginning or not. I qued with a guildie and we ended up in a 2v4v4. We expected the worse because we were the 2 person team but went for it anyways. We were winning and killing the other 2 groups - they left the match and we got transported out getting nothing for fighting out numbered.
    Is it premade groups fault? I don't believe so it is like comparing fighting in cyrodiil against a guild group when you are in a pug group or running solo but there is a group of players around you. I have been on the receiving end of that too. I have come to chalk it up as they have their group synergies down and in comms, where I am not at that point. Is it discouraging? Yes. Should we ban groups altogether or penalize them? No.
    Just my opinion. For the record I solo que or group que with 2 or 3 majority of the time.

And I for one completely disagree. I have never rage quit myself, but when sometimes my teammates would, I was really happy and it would be my consolation prize that the people would Xv1 without giving any chance to do anything to fight back and actually enjoy some pvp (like, they could not run around as a group or fight me 1 by 1 or something lol) wouldn't get rewarded for it :)
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, consider it as a punishment to those who queue as a premade group :)

As I said in first post it happens to me 4 times and all 4 times I was solo and other teams to be pugs (or pretty potato premades). Actually I queue only solo - me and my friends don't want to stay in queue for 1,5 hours with no result. And 3 times it was even fights - 2x2x2. So not premade group is the reason for rage quit, but losing.
    For players to just be okay that someone is having fun killing them again and again and again when they can't even fight back?

What are you talking about? Its pvp! The same thing happens in Cyro every day. Of course, someone is stronger, someone is weaker, someone is more expiriences, more prepared. Grand overlord will allways kill tyro, isn't it obvious for everyone who hit "join queue" button?

The point of pvp is fighting others, not being killed again and again by a lot of people. That's exactly why people were asking for battlegrounds and duels - because there numbers are supposedly balanced. In Cyrodiil they are not. Of course it happens there all the time. Don't bring it up, it's a lousy analogy.

Besides, in duels you can choose who to fight. And in battlegrounds everyone expected a system that will match you with players of roughly the same level.
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    And in battlegrounds everyone expected a system that will match you with players of roughly the same level.

Well, it's your mistake to expect that. We don't have elo system, we don't even have promised 10-49/10-50 queue. It's pure random.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

And I for one completely disagree. I have never rage quit myself, but when sometimes my teammates would, I was really happy and it would be my consolation prize that the people would Xv1 without giving any chance to do anything to fight back and actually enjoy some pvp (like, they could not run around as a group or fight me 1 by 1 or something lol) wouldn't get rewarded for it :)
    Sorry @Artis but you lost me - I haven't ever raged quit or had people on my team rage quit but I have been in matches where the other teams have quit leaving my team and others with the match closing. You have to spend so long in que to even get a match to have one close on you because there isn't enough players to finish the match is frustrating. So are you disagreeing with me if so what part?
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And in battlegrounds everyone expected a system that will match you with players of roughly the same level.

Well, it's your mistake to expect that. We don't have elo system, we don't even have promised 10-49/10-50 queue. It's pure random.

It's a mistake to expect some kind of thought out mechanics when ZOS highly praised their newest developement? People get frustrated when they are chanceless. Why bothering with premades of 4 when you're outnumbered? It's not like it's fun.
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭

It's a mistake to expect some kind of thought out mechanics when ZOS highly praised their newest developement? People get frustrated when they are chanceless. Why bothering with premades of 4 when you're outnumbered? It's not like it's fun.

We should all know rules of the game that we play, I think. If you don't like that ESO BG don't have smart matching system you don't have to play it. It's not a good excuse for ruining game for those of us who know rules and accept it.

And I described situations in even teams and without premades groups. Why you keep insisting on premades and outnumbered rounds?
    Edited by StereoLiz on June 14, 2017 6:02PM
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry @Artis but you lost me - I haven't ever raged quit or had people on my team rage quit but I have been in matches where the other teams have quit leaving my team and others with the match closing. You have to spend so long in que to even get a match to have one close on you because there isn't enough players to finish the match is frustrating. So are you disagreeing with me if so what part?

It is frustrating, but it's not a reason to let the imbalanced match finish. You are looking at it from the point of view of a person who will easily win a team with fewer players. Then what is it you want a reward for? You didn't really need to work to win or anything like that.

Well I'm telling you as a person who was left alone against a premade or maybe 2 of us but the other guy would just stay at the base - I didn't deserve that either, do you agree? It's not my fault that I was put in a situation where someone can just use me to farm medals and rewards.

It's just my opinion: I like that the match I will inevitably lose (and not just because I'm worse) doesn't end and other teams don't get any rewards or even a satisfaction of getting an easy win from this. Maybe if your group mates rage quit one day you will understand?

And if you group queue - you are a part of the problem :p jk, don't get me wrong, I want players to group queue, but they shouldn't be matched with groups made of solo players.

Well it's not my mistake to expect this, it's zos's mistake not to implement this. And yeah, in eso live prior to morrowind they did promise there will be 2 queues on release...
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should all know rules of the game that we play, I think. If you don't like that ESO BG don't have smart matching system you don't have to play it. It's not a good excuse for ruining game for those of us who know rules and accept it.

And I described situations in even teams and without premades groups. Why you keep insisting on premades and outnumbered rounds?

Sure, and we know the rules. The rules are such that if groups aren't full, the match is dismissed.

No one is ruining the game for you, on the contrary - the system makes sure you can restart a match and have an actually interesting game with equal amounts of players in all teams.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel, that if you are on a team of four facing two teams of less players, you don't deserve a reward
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    I feel, that if you are on a team of four facing two teams of less players, you don't deserve a reward

Is it their fault in your opinion?
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^pretty much my point. Not sure how can anyone argue with/complain about this.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @StereoLiz no one is at "fault" for the numbers of players. It doesn't have to be anyone's fault. (Outside of development)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

It is frustrating, but it's not a reason to let the imbalanced match finish. You are looking at it from the point of view of a person who will easily win a team with fewer players. Then what is it you want a reward for? You didn't really need to work to win or anything like that.

Well I'm telling you as a person who was left alone against a premade or maybe 2 of us but the other guy would just stay at the base - I didn't deserve that either, do you agree? It's not my fault that I was put in a situation where someone can just use me to farm medals and rewards.

It's just my opinion: I like that the match I will inevitably lose (and not just because I'm worse) doesn't end and other teams don't get any rewards or even a satisfaction of getting an easy win from this. Maybe if your group mates rage quit one day you will understand?

And if you group queue - you are a part of the problem :p jk, don't get me wrong, I want players to group queue, but they shouldn't be matched with groups made of solo players.

Wow....so you are saying that if the group is a group of good players (no matter the size of group they are in) even if we fight and play hard at it. And, one group or partial group rage quits it is fair for a group of good players who work hard on their builds & learning their class not to get any rewards just because they are good? Lol.... that is funny.
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    Not being able to queue for BG kills BGs
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow....so you are saying that if the group is a group of good players (no matter the size of group they are in) even if we fight and play hard at it. And, one group or partial group rage quits it is fair for a group of good players who work hard on their builds & learning their class not to get any rewards just because they are good? Lol.... that is funny.

I'm saying if you are a group of good players fighting 1-2 bad players who aren't even grouped, then yes you don't deserve a reward for that. If you disagree - explain what's so worthy of a reward you do in this case.

Also, as I said in another comment - it's a good thing for you that the match ends asap instead of wasting up to 15 mins. That way you can restart (only quitters won't be able to queue) asap and get to pvp with 2 full groups, maybe even premades. I thought, the process of pvp and competition was fun for you? Or do you want to kill low levels, bad players and/or outnumbered players and get rewards for that?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the problem with leaderboards, it incentives the worst behavior and completely eliminates the spirit of competition in these things.

I say there should be pre made only que and non pre made que, this will lessen both rage quits (because who wants to face a team of 4 with a level 15 bow wizard?) and allow the PuGs a decent chance at earning rewards
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, Im talking about impatient cowards leaving me alone mid match, and then the whole entire match closes because I'm alone. Thats not 15 minutes.
    Considering the que ahead of me, I'd rather play it out and get walloped or chill and watch the other two go at it and take pot shots at them.
    The smallest group I ever had was 2v2v2 (and can be the most fun, depending on match type). I never got grouped solo vs others. I didn't think it was possible if the match closes due to one team having a solo.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the problem with leaderboards, it incentives the worst behavior and completely eliminates the spirit of competition in these things.

I say there should be pre made only que and non pre made que, this will lessen both rage quits (because who wants to face a team of 4 with a level 15 bow wizard?) and allow the PuGs a decent chance at earning rewards

This...

Besides repairs, we need more options. We needed them at launch.
    Fear is the Mindkiller