Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just asking, do you make yourself in any elder scrolls game?

MUSTACHMAN654
MUSTACHMAN654
✭✭
I'm just curious, do you guys ever make yourself in elder scrolls games? I always find that making myself is quite amusing, and I never make other characters. That is just my opinion. What do you guys think?
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I try, I'm never satisfied :/ I end up ignoring that character.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty hard for me to do so.

I'm half Mexican, so that's how I look for the most part (although I can pass off as some kind of Arab-speaking person if I grow out a beard, but not Redguard). Not really a Mexican-looking race. It's to be expected, the games are modeled closely to Europe.

For the human races:
    Bretons: Celtic, English, and French people (anybody from Brittany in France?)
    Nord: Germanic peoples (specifically Scandinavian)
    Imperial: Italian people
    Redguards: Maghrebi

Nothing that looks like me XD. It's fine though, I'd much rather play as an elf.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the first time ever with my warden I made him look like me :) my main has finally arrived
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    It's pretty hard for me to do so.

I'm half Mexican, so that's how I look for the most part (although I can pass off as some kind of Arab-speaking person if I grow out a beard, but not Redguard). Not really a Mexican-looking race. It's to be expected, the games are modeled closely to Europe.

For the human races:
    Bretons: Celtic, English, and French people (anybody from Brittany in France?)
    Nord: Germanic peoples (specifically Scandinavian)
    Imperial: Italian people
    Redguards: Maghrebi

Nothing that looks like me XD. It's fine though, I'd much rather play as an elf.

I agree. I'm Eastern European, so I look like a mix between a Breton and a Nord. Primarily Nord...
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    For the first time ever with my warden I made him look like me :) my main has finally arrived

I've heard of the new warden class. What exactly is it? Is it a cross between a mage and a dragon knight?
  • TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not with the physical character, but I did realize a while back that my main Breton Templar healer and his backstory is a projection of what I would want to be IRL if magic was real. Bringing peeps back from the brink of death, helping to protect the innocent from bad guys, basically saving the world! :smiley:
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    TazESO wrote: »
    Not with the physical character, but I did realize a while back that my main Breton Templar healer and his backstory is a projection of what I would want to be IRL if magic was real. Bringing peeps back from the brink of death, helping to protect the innocent from bad guys, basically saving the world! :smiley:

That's cool. What you just described reminds me of an x files episode
  • Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't because Khajiit.
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    No, because I prefer to play cute girls :/

at least it's not that odd, right?
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shogunami wrote: »
    I can't because Khajiit.

All of my Khajiit characters are based on my cats.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, I'm boring. I'd rather make a bunch of roleplay characters of fantasy races with interesting backstories.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can play as a reptile or a feline, and with both I can even switch to canine, if I want to.
    With options like these, why would I ever want to create myself?

#FurryLife
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    I can't because Khajiit.
    Well, I guess you could make the khajiit look as much as yourself as possible. For example, if your hair is blonde, then make the khajiits fur blonde. Also, you can create your body type on the khajiit, and give it your hairstyle
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    I can't because Khajiit.

All of my Khajiit characters are based on my cats.
    That's cute
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I am lizard-people IRL.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I am lizard-people IRL.

I like that you are plural. Lizard people. Your motto could be "I am lizard legion." :o
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well... I mean I kinda made my main character look like my cat... Khajiit n stuff...
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Yes.
    I am lizard-people IRL.

I like that you are plural. Lizard people. Your motto could be "I am lizard legion." :o

I are lizards.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I make myself look more like my characters.
    PC/EU
  • Yargu
    Yargu
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I tried to make my Redguard look like a elder scrolls version of me, but I don't self-insert, instead I role play him how I would've been if I grew up in Tamriel with his culture and all.
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    Every one of my male characters is modeled after myself to some degree. My female character is modeled after my soon to be wife. And every one of my characters is a variation of "the Linderman" as I use my surname for many things. Each character has a different comic book related preface (Uncanny, All New, Ultimate Linderman, even an Old Man Linderman modeled after Old Man Logan in name and attitude with a look based off what I assume I'd look like in another 30 years). So yes, I totally model my characters after myself both here and in other games. My fallout 4 character looked shockingly like me for example.
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    I don't however necessarily play them with my personality. My dark elf version of "me" is a night blade assassin. The redguard version of me is the most righteous, and the one I do everything on with the best of intentions. And so on.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm.. No.

BUT, I make every character, in every game, (15 or more, lost count), named Darlgon Something.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yargu wrote: »
    Yes, I tried to make my Redguard look like a elder scrolls version of me, but I don't self-insert, instead I role play him how I would've been if I grew up in Tamriel with his culture and all.

This is what I do as well for my main imperial. After that I alternated my next 9 characters between the remaining races.

Male imperial stamina templar
    Female dunmer magicka dragonknight
    Male kahjiit magicka nightblade
    Female orc stamina sorc
    Male nord magicka warden
    Female altmer magicka templar
    Male argonian stamina dragonknight
    Female bosmer stamina nightblade
    Male breton magicka sorc
    Female redguard stamina warden
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My orc is an idealized version of myself. Tall, big chest and strong arms. He is even an unapologetic alcoholic just like his papi lol.
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of mirroring appearance, no I don't. I prefer to make my characters from scratch.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My protruding lower incisors are a problem IRL.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Taylorwailer
    Taylorwailer
    Soul Shriven
    I tend to make myself in a lot of games, haha!
    Hm. I've always chosen Imperial for my me character solely because Bretons have French-sounding names.
  • MagnusBlackmane
    MagnusBlackmane
    ✭✭✭
    No, never. I see myself often enough in a mirror :D That's also why I mostly choose beast-races or anything non-human. Although I kind of give my characters some of my traits.
    "You're trying too hard... do it at 80%, never 100%. Relax." - My sensei.
    --==--==--==--
    Server: EU PC
    Dracart - AD Khajiit, Currently Stamina Nightblade
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are all "me"

I have a lot of variety
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis