The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Warden Build

Gonk714
Gonk714
Hello everyone, I just made a Warden Argonian Healer I'm going to be using this solely for PvE what build do you guys recommend? Also BiS with VMA and without VMA. Front & Back bar skills & CP Allocation. Thank you?
190 CP of that helps.
  • Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    If it helps any, heres what I am running on my warden healer currently. Hes CP 540 and Ive done all the vet trials with him except for HOF at this point.

For armor I still go with the tried and true Spell Power Cure/Worm Cult combo for most of my healing (or mending instead of Worm Cult if other healer is using it). Currently I have both the SPC lightning and resto staff, so that lets me wear a monster helm too (because I cant be bothered right now to farm VMA or DSA for master staff) so I took Troll King for the flat 2% increase in healing.

As far as bars/loadouts go, heres what I am using currently for trials healing (done everything on vet except for HOF at this point without any issue). Im sure someone somwhere could tell me a thing or 2 I could do to really optimize some of this, but it works for now:

resto bar: healing springs, combat prayer, mutagen, budding seeds, blue betty (here because having an animal ability slotted increases stamina/magika regen by 12%), ultimate = northern storm (8% magika for slotting), or Healing Thicket (when you really need the healing)

destro bar: orbs, elemental blockade, (flex spot. Either purge, leeching vines, ele drain, or lotus blossom), enchanted growth (basically a combat prayer with a different buff and a nice quick heal so I dont have to wait for bar swapping if someone needs a heal fast), expansive frost cloak, ultimate = aggressive war horn

I did consider putting bloom on the destro bar, since you get 2% healing bonus to green balance heals for each green balance ability slotted, but I didnt want to have to swap bars just to get a 2% bonus, and I already have enchanted growth as an "oh ***" heal on the destro bar, which since I also slot lotus or vines, means Im getting 4% bonus to those heals anyway, and I spend more time on the resto bar so its easier to keep a good uptime on it and easier to instant cast if I need.

For dungeon healing I generally find I can generally add in a few more DPS elements, so combat prayer gets dropped and frost cloak moves down to the resto bar, and swarm and a spammable get added to the destro bar in place of frost cloak and in the flex spot.
  • Gonk714
    Gonk714
    If it helps any, heres what I am running on my warden healer currently. Hes CP 540 and Ive done all the vet trials with him except for HOF at this point.

For armor I still go with the tried and true Spell Power Cure/Worm Cult combo for most of my healing (or mending instead of Worm Cult if other healer is using it). Currently I have both the SPC lightning and resto staff, so that lets me wear a monster helm too (because I cant be bothered right now to farm VMA or DSA for master staff) so I took Troll King for the flat 2% increase in healing.

As far as bars/loadouts go, heres what I am using currently for trials healing (done everything on vet except for HOF at this point without any issue). Im sure someone somwhere could tell me a thing or 2 I could do to really optimize some of this, but it works for now:

resto bar: healing springs, combat prayer, mutagen, budding seeds, blue betty (here because having an animal ability slotted increases stamina/magika regen by 12%), ultimate = northern storm (8% magika for slotting), or Healing Thicket (when you really need the healing)

destro bar: orbs, elemental blockade, (flex spot. Either purge, leeching vines, ele drain, or lotus blossom), enchanted growth (basically a combat prayer with a different buff and a nice quick heal so I dont have to wait for bar swapping if someone needs a heal fast), expansive frost cloak, ultimate = aggressive war horn

I did consider putting bloom on the destro bar, since you get 2% healing bonus to green balance heals for each green balance ability slotted, but I didnt want to have to swap bars just to get a 2% bonus, and I already have enchanted growth as an "oh ***" heal on the destro bar, which since I also slot lotus or vines, means Im getting 4% bonus to those heals anyway, and I spend more time on the resto bar so its easier to keep a good uptime on it and easier to instant cast if I need.

For dungeon healing I generally find I can generally add in a few more DPS elements, so combat prayer gets dropped and frost cloak moves down to the resto bar, and swarm and a spammable get added to the destro bar in place of frost cloak and in the flex spot.

I heard warden healers are underwhelming as opposed to Templars is this true?
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonk714 wrote: »

Theyre not.
    I main a templar healer and also have a warden, and wouldnt say its worse than templar. Its just different.
    It has some very nice tricks, for example you can keep up Minor Toughness buff (+10% hp) on every target you heal, which is nice in dungeons (since you wont have 100% warhorn uptime). Just dont focus on slotting 1 miilion different heals, check the buffs and other useful skills. And dont forget resto heals, such as healing springs, combat prayer and healing ward. The ward is a very underestimated skill, it works wonders when combined with HoTs.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    Gonk714 wrote: »

Not at all. Bloom in particular is an incredibly powerful heal both in terms of raw health restored, which is made even better by how many folks it can heal at one time, AND it offers a synergy!

Personally I roll out the 20 second self/group buffs & hots, drop bloom in the middle of where I think the action is going to be, drop springs, then DPS/apply shorter buffs as needed. The reason I like dropping bloom first is the synergy, and it's just 1 click then if I need to trigger the instant bloom.

Keeping a good uptime on bloom is a priority of mine, and I learned real quickly not to get attached to wherever it is. If I need to pop it early so I can lay it down somewhere else, i do it. Hoping someone moves into a heal isn't going to save anyone. I was actually commenting to a guild mate (both of us who used to run Templar healers) that I think of bloom and Betty netch as the much more mobile equivalent of the templars "house" and how refreshing that play style was.

For restoring resources the Templar still has spears to quickly and directly fill up the tank, but orbs are still a great choice for wardens.

Edit: and this didn't even touch on the Green ultimate which is just down right insane in regards to how easy it is to keep using over and over and over...
    Edited by Dakmor_Kavu on June 14, 2017 6:28PM