The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Error Can NOT connect to game server ( STILL NOT SOLVED) Unacceptable

Rastapasta
Rastapasta
✭✭✭
After patch 1 Morrowind the situation was acceptable.
After patch 2 12 june it became even worse then before. (logon 1 character is ok but changing zone or character I'm good for 1 hour of restart relog and all the trics mentionned below to get back ingame. As long I don't change I can play the whole day.
so the ERROR message CAN NOT CONNECT TO GAME SERVER ... is in fact your server is loosing track of my character.

May I remind YOU It toke you 1YEAR to fix this at the start of this game right after the beta, I was very patient, now I will not anymore I have 18 days left after that if not fixed I'm done with you.
=====================================================

The tranfer protocol between server partitions is corrupt !!!!!

Why and what happens explained below (since Morrowind patch)

- first normal logon of the day is normal (although longer than usual)
- changing toon or zone to another instance results in the above error. (my character is now stuck in between 2 partitions)
- login again keeps giving error ( restart game and hope it works... last night was a charm 1 hour to get my toon online again)

So basicly I keep login on or restart game to play normally (as long I don't change zone or toon, everything is ok except the memory leak again which make my GPU go in overdrive)

I see everywhere complains about instance queus (pvp) this is a related to this matter.

Hope this helps to solve it asap
Edited by Rastapasta on June 14, 2017 2:00PM
  • Rastapasta
    Rastapasta
    ✭✭✭
    Forcing an update of the Programdata file in the ESO launcher seems to do the trick
  • Rastapasta
    Rastapasta
    ✭✭✭
    I waited for last patch and see if this was solved

Actual situation is still the same:

- logon ok, its the zone and character switch that gives the errors forcing me to restart game .
    - by forcing the programsdata launcher and shadercache to rebuild I can play again till next switch.
    - it happens all the time during prime time and less during soft hours.
    - when the scrolling messages on the launcher screen are gone I'm good for the error when I switch.
    - so basicly if I stay on same toon and same zone I have no problemo...

Reminds me of the same issues I experienced the first year of this game and then the miracle happened...
    till this last expansion.

• Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @Rastapasta! seems a lot like the same problem that me and the OP of this thread been having since a couple of days now: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/349243/login-issue#latest
    exept that we get the error message "ERROR - an error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again."

Not very computer savvy so I dont know how you do this? =
    Rastapasta wrote: »

- by forcing the programsdata launcher and shadercache to rebuild I can play again till next switch

I did find the programsdata folder and moved it to the desktop, seems it got updated = has a new folder now...Did not find shadercache folder anywhere though? And could not login to my chars by replacing just programsdata... EDIT: nvm, found it, if its the ShaderCache.cooked file in the Documents/elderscrolls/live . Sigh, did not help me yet though..

Yup this is very annoying, game is almost unplayable and some of my chars seem to be "stuck on transition" now , cant login to them anymore at all..

Edited by Miaura on June 2, 2017 9:14PM
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    Got the trick of deleting shadercashe and programsdata working after restarting launcher :) Ty @Rastapasta .
    But have to do this before every transition I guess, painfull, hope this gets fixed soon!

• Rastapasta
    Rastapasta
    ✭✭✭
    Read top of initial message

Ty