Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Help me

Jamie6699
Jamie6699
Soul Shriven
Ok, so I have around 3 characters around level 10 and i find the main quest lines tedious and i was wondering could i buy morowind and eso plus and just level in new zones so I am unfamiliar with the leveling areas, so it would become more enjoyable. However I don't really want to buy eso plus and just neglect the dlc (I really only care about the dark brotherhood and thieves guild, as these are my favorite guilds I can leave the others). So what should i do I need help. Oh and is the warden fun? I just want a class that is fun but obviously not under powered. Thanks for reading!
  • Deadfinger6
    Deadfinger6
    ✭✭✭
    Can't have everything...you grind,get better and when you get powered up its get more fun(able to do all dungeons, delves, craglorn etc). You can play PvP to level up, but youll be dying lots if your low level. I'd say find a good guild or get doing dungeons. Other people make this game fun.
  • Jamie6699
    Jamie6699
    Soul Shriven

Can't have everything...you grind,get better and when you get powered up its get more fun(able to do all dungeons, delves, craglorn etc). You can play PvP to level up, but youll be dying lots if your low level. I'd say find a good guild or get doing dungeons. Other people make this game fun.

oh. would i be able to level 1-50 in morowind then do thieves guild and dark brotherhood?

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamie6699 wrote: »

oh. would i be able to level 1-50 in morowind then do thieves guild and dark brotherhood?

You'll likely get somewhere between 25 and 30 in Vvardenfell if what I've been hearing is accurate. You can always go to Thieves Guild and Dark brotherhood (and Orsinium) at any time.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Jamie6699 wrote: »

You'll likely get somewhere between 25 and 30 in Vvardenfell if what I've been hearing is accurate. You can always go to Thieves Guild and Dark brotherhood (and Orsinium) at any time.

^Yeah, that. You won't hit 50 just on Vvardenfell, even if you take your time.

From there, you can head to the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood DLCs. They're both pretty short, so not sure whether you'll hit 50 after those, either... though they do have easy repeatables you can do over and over to grind up. :)

It sounds like you shouldn't get ESO+, though. Buy a 5,500 Crown Pack and just get the DLC you want in the in-game Crown Store... no need to pay monthly for ESO+ to get access, if that's all you'll use.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entire game is level-scaled, meaning you can do anything (or everything) in any order.

If you wanted to you could make a new character and immediately go and play the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood DLCs without levelling up or doing anything else first.

Although I recommend getting a full set of equipment first. Doesn't have to be anything special but make sure you've got something in each slot because the scaling will only scale up the stats you've got - if there's nothing there then there's nothing to scale. (I once tried playing Thieves Guild on a level 3 character with the soulshriven rags and the training jack you get when you skip the Wailing Prison. If I was lucky I could beat 1 enemies 1 at a time.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"