Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

5 Piece Set Effects On These Two Armor Sets -- Do They Stack?

orinthol
orinthol
✭✭
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Armor+of+the+Veiled+Heritance+Set

elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Ravager+Set

I understand that the separate effects from the two sets stack with each other.

Do the individual effects from each set stack?

[Example] I am performing light melee attacks that are causing damage. One or both sets proc. Can either set proc again once the 5 piece effect of that set is active?

[If Multiple Procs Are Possible] Do the individual effects stack on themselves? Does the duration of the effect reset? Or neither of these things?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Alanar
    Alanar
    ✭✭✭✭
    As for whether they stack with themselves, have to test to be sure, but most similar sets do not stack with themselves. For duration, some sets do reset duration, others do not, I'm not sure for these in particular.
    Answer ✓
  • Alanar
    Alanar
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'd have to test to be absolutely certain, but in general all sets stack unless they both give the same named Major or Minor buff.
  • KingRegis
    KingRegis
    ✭✭
    use clever alchemist instead of veiled hierticance if you want more hitting power
    I am Regis Solis the wandering warrior socerer
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The short answer is yes. Let's examine why for the nerds, lol.

In ESO, when they don't want effects to stack they create it as a named status effect buff, which shows on the character sheet when active. For example, major brutality. If I wear Dreaugh King Slayer I get major brutality 100% of the time. If a second set, potion or ability offers major brutality, it doesn't affect me because each time it procs the system sees I have it and nothing happens. (Technically it's being refreshed in the background, but the 20 second refresh on top of the infinite refresh is inconsequential). The overall point being that when a buff is named and on your character sheet, you may only have one active at a time.

Status effect buffs that affect numeric scales can stack. Your weapon damage can go up and down as buffs and debuffs are applied...as with these sets.

What the system would do while fighting in this gear is calculate a proc chance for every damage hit for veiled inheritance. Each time it procs your damage would go up. Simultaneously it would do the same for ravager for every melee hit...completely independent of veiled. Sometimes neither would be active, sometimes one, and sometimes both.

Testing and verifying this once you eat the gear is slightly annoying, but not the worst. Don the gear and find a mammoth or some skeever. Look at weapon damage on your character sheet. Light attack a bunch, and very quickly flip back to your sheet to note the higher figure. It's going to take some trial and error and you have to move fast because of the timers, but you would eventually see all four expected weapon damage figures.
  • orinthol
    orinthol
    ✭✭
    KingRegis wrote: »
    use clever alchemist instead of veiled hierticance if you want more hitting power

elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Clever+Alchemist+Set

elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Warrior%27s+Fury+Set

Clever Alchemist or Warrior's Fury?

elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Spriggan%27s+Thorns+Set

Or Spriggan's Thorns? I've been told that Spriggan's is practically a requirement for Stamina DPS in PvP. Is this true?

I am going to farm the Veiled set in Auridon, then test it out on a substantial target.

Thank you, everyone, for the valuable feedback.

• KingRegis
    KingRegis
    ✭✭
    cleaver alchemist over warriors fury bc you're probably going to want to runn inpen in pvp so people won't be critting as much on you

If you want a high burst dps set up go

5 clever alchemist on the back bar
    And 5 piece sprigan on the front with 3 weapon damage glyphs on the jewlary plus 2 piece veldrith

This will give you good survivability and very high damage and depend on the class lets say your a magic sorc you can push your weapon dmg to 4.5k plus and you'll have really low recovery but you're sustain will come from dark deal and spell symmetry

Nothing is a practical requirement in pvp everthing depends on you're choice and the kind playstyle you play ect.
    Edited by KingRegis on June 11, 2017 1:39AM
    I am Regis Solis the wandering warrior socerer
  • orinthol
    orinthol
    ✭✭
    RE: Impen Trait

I thought that the Impen. armor trait lowered the amount of critical hit damage received. Does the Critical Resistance stat represent a raw number subtracted from any critical damage received? Or is there hidden math involved with the value when determining this? Does it stand a chance of negating a critical attack completely? Say, if the numeric value of Crit. Resistance is higher than the damage of the attack?

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    orinthol wrote: »
    Clever Alchemist or Warrior's Fury?

Probably worth pointing out, in case you're unaware, Fury only works in PvP. Monsters and PvE enemies never crit on the player. So, if this is for a PvE build, then Fury is a non-start.